lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: backup pilot for xwing collector cd
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2000, 02:02 PM   #1
darth regent

Post backup pilot for xwing collector cd

Is there a way that you can backup your pilot from the xwing collector cd. i hate that i make up all the way up to commander and get killed and have to start bac at FO
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2000, 09:48 PM   #2
Marril

Put him on a disk, and overwrite the "bad" pilot with the "good" one anytime you get shot down. I think this works, I haven't played the original X-Wing in a while...

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2000, 03:54 AM   #3
Keyan Farlander
Jedi Master

Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Marril:
Put him on a disk, and overwrite the "bad" pilot with the "good" one anytime you get shot down. I think this works, I haven't played the original X-Wing in a while...
Yeah, that works. Just keep a copy on your hard drive in some other folder. The file you need to back up is yourname.plt, with yourname, being the name of your pilot.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates

Keyan Farlander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2000, 02:32 PM   #4
ME_Jeldren

I have only played the disk based version of X-Wing but I always
used a hex editor to resurrect my pilot. It was the 3rd or 4th byte.
ME_Jeldren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Player Strategy > backup pilot for xwing collector cd