lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Returning Characters
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #41
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
I've gotten enough of Kreia in TSL, I don't want her bugging me in KotOR III.
I was thinking of her as either a Master if you're a bad guy. Or a bad guy if you're a good guy.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #42
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie

Definately T3 and Hk

I really think that Canderous should return for a short portion of the game, but not join your party. Maybe lead an army of Mandalorians into battle at some point in time.

I also would like to see Jolee and Kreia in some form or another at least for one scene. (preferably the same scene where the two of them start arguing over ideas and such... I at least think it'd be funny )

Also a Carth and Atton dialogue would be nice too

Bastila so long as you determine somewhere in the game whether she died in the first game or not.

And of course Revan and the exile for the ending of the game.

Oh, and even though he wasn't actually a main character at all, I'd like to see that Iridorian guy that you meet in the first game on Manaan, the one in the body armor. It'd be fun if he could join your party in the third game, in my opinion

"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #43
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez
Oh, and even though he wasn't actually a main character at all, I'd like to see that Iridorian guy that you meet in the first game on Manaan, the one in the body armor. It'd be fun if he could join your party in the third game, in my opinion
Right a bloodthirsty Iridonian who would probably be a good drinking buddy for HK. I can just imagine the conversation.

Iridonian: "Let me kill it. My blood boils with lust for battle."
HK: Statement:Ooh and maybe I could terminate it permanently for the wall.

Oh the joy of killing is coming

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 PM   #44
90SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez
I totally agree. That guy was an utter badass, and that armor was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing him again, mainly because his species was craziness. "Iridorian". Not "Iridonian". Presumably, they meant to say iridonian, but it's too late now, isn't it? And if they still decide to use him, they'll have thousands of fans whining about the mistake.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #45
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
That guy was an utter badass, and that armor was pretty cool.
I thought that it was one of those underwater suits, not some battle armor.

He was cool though. Maybe another small appearance by him with a short conversation with HK would be cool.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #46
ilwugoalie
Rookie

I've seen that she wasnt to popular with some people, but I would like Visas to come back.... I enjoyed playing as her... T3, and HK are a must. they are the R2 and C3PO

A Powerfull Sith you will become
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #47
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Are you kidding? Visas is kind of boring. You only have a major part with her and that is on the Ravager.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #48
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
I'd like to see the return of the droids.

But, as far as sentients, I'd actually like to meet some new ones.
What better way to assure some originality and freshness.

However, cameos are cool if they pertain to the story and aren't too long.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #49
90SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
Are you kidding? Visas is kind of boring. You only have a major part with her and that is on the Ravager.
Visas had great dialogue at the beginning. Only, that's all she has. When it runs out, you aren't left with much.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #50
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Visas have a good start, and there is much to be explored.

Oh, the Droids will be, and must be there... they are like R2 and 3PO...

This is esp true for T3. I think he will be the one that records the whole story.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #51
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Yeah T3 knows all and tells all. No offense to HK but he was blasted apart after KOTOR. We don't know how or why but those two I definitely want to see.

Old 12-17-2005, 08:16 PM   #52
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Well Canderous Ordo did return in KOTOR II as the leader of Clan Ordo on the Dxun moon, so I think they should go ahead and make him a returning character finishing rebuilding the Mandalorians.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #53
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

But remember, Kreia said that the Mandalorians were a dying breed at the end of TSL so it may be that the clans will never be united

Old 12-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #54
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^She did say that, but I hope we still see more of them, especially if we go to their homeplanet (Mandalore) like I and a few others suggested. What she said doesn't mean that they have to decline right away- at least I hope not.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #55
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

You got a point there because in an other post I mentioned something along the lines that history shows that decline is gradual and takes time. Maybe Mandalore will have a strong enough band but not in the grandeur of the Mandalorian Wars

Old 12-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #56
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Yeah, I doubt that the Mandalorians will ever do anything but slide slowly and inevitably backwards. They may make a large force (to some extent) again, but they'll never get back to what they once were.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #57
Darca Lar
Forumite

True, but it would be cool just to see the mandalorians final attempt of rebuilding.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #58
90SK

Maybe they almost have their glory moment, but Manderous gets cut down, or something. Frankly, I'm sporting to have a main character die. We need the shakeup.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #59
Darca Lar
Forumite

That would be a bit of a shake up, but then Canderous would have to die somewhere near the end of the game after he comes to a big realization that he ironically regrets. Then its got that drama to it so its more...emotional and such.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #60
RobQel-Droma
Blah

I think that maybe Canderous should finally die, but it should be "going out in glory" kind of moment. He should probably end up becoming a Mandalorian hero that the rest of the clans hold in honor, or something. You know, have a big battle, maybe they are your allies and they are helping you fight the Sith, and then they get forced back and Mandalore goes running out and tries to take them all on single-handedly. He dies, of course, and they lose, but he still defends and saves his clan, if only for a little bit. Just make him have a glorious exit at least.

I think that maybe Carth should die in a battle too, his ship destroyed as he is defending Telos- very emotional, of course, but he should have a "good" end too.

But, there should be some major character that dies, perhaps another one of the characters from the earlier ones, or maybe a new prominent character (or even maybe a party member) could have a dramatic and emotional death. Or maybe even Revan and the Exile- although that would probably only happen if they were the opposite side or something.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #61
90SK

I agree with regards to Carth. I really liked Carth. He's one of the primary characters in the KotOR series, and he is undeniably alive (one way or another) through K1 and K2. He'll make a stand in K3, hopefully.

Last edited by 90SK; 12-21-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #62
RobQel-Droma
Blah

I wasn't one of the people who are Carth-haters either, I liked him also. That is why I think he along with Canderous should have a honorable death.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #63
Darca Lar
Forumite

i agree, and maybe carth dies fighting alongside his son or saving his son, or you know something with a reappearance of his son that makes carth fight so emotionally and eventually dies during the battle.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #64
RobQel-Droma
Blah

And Dustil, Jedi Knight, takes up the defence and restoration of Telos because of the memory of his father- that would be a nice "Onasi legacy."

There is only one little hitch- you would probably have to assume or say that Revan didn't kill Dustil in K1.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #65
90SK

Wait, refresh my memory:

Carth doesn't die regardless in K1, right? Or is there an uncut DS female option for killing him?

Old 12-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #66
Darca Lar
Forumite

i guess it all depends on what they choose as the most likely to have been chosen.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #67
90SK

Or they could always pull a "that character didn't actually die" on us. Poor OE. If they did it, it would totally not be their fault, yet everyone would bash them for it.

*curses Bioware for making K1 so customizable *

Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM   #68
RobQel-Droma
Blah

If you are a DS female, Carth shows up on the Star Forge and tries to turn you back- there is no option but to kill him. It isn't cut, though, it is in the game; I think you were thinking about the cut ending where you can turn back to the light and die on the Star Forge with Carth.

But as for Dustil, maybe the devs will just assume that if Revan was LS he is alive. If he was DS, you have a dead Dustil. After all, that is probably what happened in most people's games.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #69
Darca Lar
Forumite

I think theyd assume LS more than DS because most times the MC is a good guy or even a bad guy doing good, but hardly ever have i seen a story where the MC is a bad guy who ends up ruling the world/galaxy.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #70
Rok_stoned

Current Game: Life.
I don't think anyone in the first two games should join your party but maybe they could be seen when you enter a bar or something. Walking into a bar and seeing atton hitting on Mission would be funny and even funnier if she turned him down. Robots are the only exception but two of them already did that and G0-T0 is someone I don't wan't see again just because I don't thats enough for me.

Rok_stoned is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2005, 05:43 PM   #71
RobQel-Droma
Blah

The droids are kind of part of what ties all three games together, like C-3PO and R2-D2 did for all six movies. That is one of the reasons why I think they will be there for the (I believe) series closer. They should be there, at least, they have played a part in both games.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #72
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
Or they could always pull a "that character didn't actually die" on us. Poor OE. If they did it, it would totally not be their fault, yet everyone would bash them for it.

*curses Bioware for making K1 so customizable *
Yep, they could always do that 'everyone thought he was dead, but he still had a flicker of life left in him, and the (Jedi/Sith) that found him kept him alive with the force til he could be dropped into the nearest kolto tank....'
Hey, it worked for Revan and Anakin, right?

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #73
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoMandaloreoO
Mandalore will be back. But bastilla wnt casue she died giving birth to darth raptor.

whoops.
HUH?
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #74
SOCR
Rookie

hmm... characters...

KOTOR1: (pretty much anyone we didnt hear from in KOTOR2)
Mission
Juhani
HK-47
Jolee

KOTOR2:
Everybody excepting Atton, Goto, and Kreia (not atton for storyline reasons, go search your sound files, pc users, for anything you didnt recognize in the game, the actual ending is hidden among them, and some bad news for atton fans)

I think G0-T0 should get a courtesy mention in the next game, but not a big part, and it would be cool if Mandalore was actually canderous. T3 maybe, but like g0-t0, not a big part
SOCR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 10:25 PM   #75
RobQel-Droma
Blah

A couple things. For the KotOR I characters, Juhani, Jolee, and Mission could all die, so I don't think we will seeing a major part from them. Of course, Jolee would probably be dead anyways, regardless of whether you killed him, which is why I say have him as a force ghost or something.

As for TSL, I know what you are talking about for Atton, but just so you know SOCR: He doesn't die no matter what, there are other cut endings with that where he survived and goes off with the Exile in the Unknown Regions.

BUT, with all that- why do you think the devs are going to pay attention to the cut content? Of course they are going to go on what happened in the finished product, they wouldn't base K3 on things that were left out of TSL. It doesn't matter that Atton could have died in the cut content, that ending was left out of the finished game, so they aren't going to throw that in like it actually happened in the game. That isn't the "real" ending- just an ending that was left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCR
and it would be cool if Mandalore was actually canderous.
spoiler:
Guess what. He is, Kreia tells you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCR
T3 maybe, but like g0-t0, not a big part
No, keep the droids. They've been here this long, they need to stay. T3 is a very important character, and it would be criminal (especially considering the stuff he knows about the Exile and Revan) to leave him out but have HK. Except for G0-T0. I don't think that evil droid needs any courtesies at all.

Added spolier tags - ChAiNz.2da

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 12-29-2005 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:46 AM   #76
Vibro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
spoiler:
Wow! Didn't know that, Ineed to talk to the characters more .

Quote:
No, keep the droids. They've been here this long, they need to stay. T3 is a very important character, and it would be criminal (especially considering the stuff he knows about the Exile and Revan) to leave him out but have HK. Except for G0-T0. I don't think that evil droid needs any courtesies at all.

Added spolier tags - ChAiNz.2da
Yes, I'd like to see T3 and HK back aswell.
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #77
Sith_Reven
Rookie

Visas Marr my number one and first choice followed by HK-47 followed by canderous, bastila and atton. I think that even though T3 was not my favorite character he still needs to be in it because he harbours all the info on the exile and on Revans journey.
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #78
Sith_Reven
Rookie

Weird It seems that my post disappeared. Visas marr must return and HK-47 and atton and canderous and bastila. T3 is not my favorite but he has to be there.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #79
SOCR
Rookie

Quote:
spoiler:
i knew this, i didnt want to have to break up my post with spoiler tags tho, Kreia and mandalore tell you this through MANDANTORY conversation between them. You get big hints to it just before their base is attacked
SOCR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 PM   #80
Sith_Reven
Rookie

The returning characters should change a bit. Example would be Visas without her headware as my avatar suggests and canderous with his armor torn up.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Returning Characters