lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Giving Warheads to the Alliance
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-13-2001, 04:19 PM   #1
kenbo

Question Giving Warheads to the Alliance

I don't get it. I have flown this mission about 20 times and I get waxed by the black sun fighters at one point or another. They seem to keep coming as opposed to the Z-95's which usually don't launch a new set of 3 until the old set of 3 is destroyed. I have tried the autofire and I have tried hitting one of the new wave with a proton torpedo, but I usually never have enough time after the first wave to line up one of the new wave of ships because I am still fighting for my life against an existing black sun fighter.
I have another question. People keep talking about these friegters coming in and adding firepower and having to protect them instead of trying to take out all of the black sunfighters. I have inspected 50% of the cargo containers and I have never once seen one of my freighters. When do they come?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
Forget about the Rzr/F at first, just put your turret on defensive fire and don't recharge your lasers. This will allow you to inspect all the containers at a high speed and the Rzr/F won't bother you while you are doing it. Once you inspected them all, start recharging your lasers and let the turret autofire at your target. The fighters and the GPLT will be taken out in no time.

By the time you finish up with them, the Black Sun suppa fighters will have arrived. Attack them, but don't go head-to-head with them or it'll cost you dearly. Like I already said: they are reasonably slow, but dangerous none the less. If you would happen to get into trouble with them, but you notice that most of the other Azzameen ships have already entered hyperspace, do the same. The convoy will probably make it and you'll be safe too.

Never go head to head with the Sup/F, target one, set-turrets to auto-fire, and follow him arund until he goes boom. One trick is not to kill 100% of them, but leave one alive out of the FG. He wont bother you to much, and it will allow you to do other.. mreo important things
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2001, 09:18 PM   #3
kenbo

Thanks!! Sounds like it should work. I will try it.
Old 03-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #4
kenbo

Thanks Kinnison, it worked like a charm. Two tries and I was able to complete it but the 1st time I should have bailed out after 75% of the freighters reached the rendevous point. You explained it much better than any other explaination I have seen on this forum or other websites.
Old 03-14-2001, 07:11 PM   #5
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
W W... now that is a compliment

can i quote you on that?
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2001, 09:09 PM   #6
kenbo

You sure can. I read other posts on this site plus the strategy guide at makeitsimple.com and none of it helped. but after your advice I was done in 2 tries.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Player Strategy > Giving Warheads to the Alliance