lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Xbox Controller on PC - help!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
Kenobius

Xbox Controller on PC - help!

Greetings. I recently modded an old USB cord and a Xbox break-away cable together so I can use my xbox controller on my pc. However some problems came up. First off, the right thumb stick; JO won't recognize the left and right motion. I tried to assign it to turn left/right. It knows up and down, but not side to side. Annoying, but I fixed it by altering the controller drivers to think the right thumb stick was a 4-button D-pad. Not as accurate as a stick, but it works.

That is, it did work.

When I join a server to play, the right thumb stick decides it doesn't want to work anymore and the left/right axis becomes unresponsive. Even the above trick does nothing. It's driving me bonkers.

Anyone here have any idea on what's causing this? Only happens in multi-player. And no, "use keyboard/mouse" is not a real answer. I've tried that, I'm old school console guy.

-May the Force be with You-
Kenobius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
Jamps

I've never used a gamepad for Jedi Outcast, let alone a modded Xbox one, but I would suggest a few things.

1.) Check Yoda's Help Desk at the support section at Lucasarts.com. Even if you have a custom gamepad, it may be a universal problem.

2.) Re-calibrate your gamepad from the Gaming Options section at the Control Panel. I've had a joystick which straight out of the box it kept rotating left and down.

3.) Google your problem

That's all I can think of, sorry.

Edit: Come to think of it, you could also buy a regular double joystick gamepad. I've seen them at Walmart for 15 bucks.

Also, the new Xbox360 controllers are compatible with the PC straight out of the box through the USB attachment. They are around 50 bucks. (I've never seen one before, but thats what I hear.)
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
DSbr-mjz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobius
Greetings.
original sin u know da thing
DSbr-mjz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
Kenobius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSbr-mjz
original sin u know da thing

...What?

-May the Force be with You-
Kenobius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
DSbr-mjz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobius
...What?
Yes?
DSbr-mjz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Xbox Controller on PC - help!