lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OUCH! - Steal the Tydirium Mission
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-20-2001, 07:32 PM   #1
Ba'rad

Angry OUCH! - Steal the Tydirium Mission

I'm replaying Alliance for the 3rd time now, but with the intention of skipping absolutely no missions and never using the invulnerablility/unlimited weapons options. So far, so good...until the "Steal the Tydirium" mission. Why is it that every time I leave the platform, there's an entire squadron shooting lasers up my butt I can't survive??? This has been the only mission that I've skipped in the past, and I'm pretty hard up to beat this one. Any tips or pointers? Or is it a worthless cause?

Gracias in advance
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2001, 10:48 PM   #2
JR2000Z
Ass-hole Extaordinaire

Try it in the 'Hard' diffilculty. Trust me, thats somehow easier.

Aslo remember to call Rogue Squadron.
JR2000Z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2001, 06:21 AM   #3
Fondas

Question

Are you trying to beat the mission without Rogue Squadron's help ?

If you do call them, they'll keep the eyeballs busy and all you have to do is to deal with the dupes that are after the tyderium

Fly hard and shoot straight !
Old 05-23-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
kenbo

Lightbulb

I used a tip I founf elsewhere on the message board and it helped me get through this. Call in Rogue suadron as soon as you dock and stay in the station even after the tyridium leaves. You need to determine which tube the first group of Tie Bombers launch from(If you look at it this way there are 6 tubes, so designate them 12 O'clock, 2 O'clock. etc.. If you designate the one to the left of the Tyridium as 12 O'clock then they leave from the 8 O'clock tube) Once you have determined this, wait in that tube until finally 3 of them will appear and launch. Jump all over them, you can take out those 3 with no problem and as you should have been charging you shields and engines during this wait you should have what it takes to defend yourself and protect the shuttle from the next wave of bombers. Good Luck
Old 05-25-2001, 06:59 PM   #5
Ajim

Quote:
Originally posted by Ba'rad:
This has been the only mission that I've skipped in the past, and I'm pretty hard up to beat this one. Gracias in advance
Skip it... i cant seem to be able to skip this mission...

------------------
Ace Rulez
Old 05-26-2001, 07:08 PM   #6
Ba'rad

If you go to the debriefing screen after a failed mission, you'll see an upside down helmet in the lower right corner, that gives you the option to skip the mission.
Old 05-26-2001, 08:51 PM   #7
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
unless you have already skipped three mission then you have to play it.

------------------
"Dulce bellum inexpertis."
(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2001, 04:37 AM   #8
Ajim

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral:
unless you have already skipped three mission then you have to play it.

So Thats why...

------------------
Ace Rulez
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Player Strategy > OUCH! - Steal the Tydirium Mission