lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #41
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

So, to sum up this topic so far, if they make a SWBF3 it will be because SWBF2 made enough profit to cover the expensives of tweaking SWBF2, adding some maps, and a new game type. It would most likely use the same engine. Lots of people will buy it and lots of people will not buy it.

By the way, don't argue over an ad ("...best selling star wars game of all time"). They never define "best." It could be made the most profit, sold the most copies, or many other meanings. Its an ad to get you to buy it, remember that.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #42
mogga
Rookie

List of improvements they should make...
  • Increase turret power on capital ships
  • Include all old maps
  • Put more ships into space battles
  • much larger land maps (at least make utapau bigger, the battle was huge!)
  • Bring back flying ships on ground-based maps
  • Increase the interior size of capital ships
  • dont give heroes time limits, just less health
  • reskin weapons so they stop looking repetative (arc caster and blaster rifle are the same)
  • Put in more, many more troops
  • i wouldn;t mind a little EU, such as mandolorians
  • in galactic conquest, you should be able to recruit untis from conquered planets. (For instance, if you own geonosis, add geonosans, utapau, and utapaun warriors)
  • give dark troopers shotguns
  • put in afeature that allows you to pick up weapons from the ground.
more will come

Yes master, it would be of great pleasure to me if I would be perimitted to destroy some organic meatbags...

boba fett+jabba the hutt=

Bob the hutt
mogga is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #43
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooeypants
You told him to shut up or put up.
This is your original line, unedited;
"Listen, we all like the game here and no-one seems to be agreeing with you so just leave it because I sure as hell don't want to hear it."
So, have I quoted you out of context? Did this line have another meaning to it. Please elaborate.
I posted hastily and I take it back. But I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote:
It is still a strawman argument. His pointers with regards to realism were in reference to the Battlefront series. Read his post if you don't believe me.
Never heard the phrase "strawman argument" before but fair enough.

Quote:
Why has the A.I. barely improved? What's the point of having a new fangled single player mode when it's filled useless bots?
The AI are the same, I don't care what Lucasarts say.

I wouldn't have expected such an in-depth argument from someone called Pooeypants.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #44
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Quote:
Enter the Matrix sold a bucket load as well but guess what, it was an abysmal game even by console standards.
You're saying console games are crap?

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may:
Old 01-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #45
Darth Andrew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogga
List of improvements they should make...
*Include all old maps
That's fine, but they need drastic facelifts. I don't want to fight the Battle of Hoth for a third time with only four snowspeeders.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 02:20 AM   #46
JetTrooper
Lurker

Definitely. if they could make just a simple improvement to make it seem more like a proper battlefront, they should put in more vehicles and more troops on the maps. More like a real war. the clones on geonosis didnt beat all those droids with one at-te!!! before SWBII came out i thought, ok there were 2 AT-TEs on geonosis on battlefront I, so battlefront II should have, what, at least 4.... not one. that's pathetic. And the space battles should have more cruisers... that would be cool.
JetTrooper is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #47
jimmypop86
Rookie

Quote:
# in galactic conquest, you should be able to recruit untis from conquered planets. (For instance, if you own geonosis, add geonosans, utapau, and utapaun warriors)
great idea

if you see norm online say hi
jimmypop86 is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #48
Ch1cago88
Rookie

Make it actually feel like itís a war is a great idea. Unfortunately though if they want to add AI to the maps, they need to take on time so the AI isnít running into walls, or just standing around while theirs fighting going on three feet away. I mean we all want to be apart these HUGE battles! Where you have lasers whizzing past your heads, tanks and speeders shooting up everything in site! Some adrenaline rush ****, thatís what would make this game great. If they make you feel overwhelmed from the enemy.

What about realistic damage as well? How cool would that be? A tank shoots a cannon at the wall and the wall just gets a huge hole through it, with bricks flying everywhere the whole Sha-bang!

Not let me drift back to reality. I mean this is Lucas Arts were talking about where wowing people with their games happens rarely. And the same guys who have built a sequel almost exactly the same as the first. These are the same guys who are making such a huge deal about there X-box patch, like they are soooooooo great to give one platform a patch. These are the guys who have gone mum on the pc patch probably because they are working on Battlefront3 so it hits another rushed release in six months. Guess what though? In SwBf3 there is now playable gungans! WOOT! It is truly Pathetic.

www.legacyofpain.com clan site

-We've been around for 5 years and counting

-We now play Counter Strike Source, Americas Army, and BattleField Vietnam

-Were Still recruiting so come check us out today! www.legacyofpain.com
Ch1cago88 is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #49
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
That really would be pathetic. Especially considering gungans are already playable in BF2.

The old maps do need major redoin's, I agree. Some of the maps could easily be made more exiting with just some simple changes, Impliment certain objectives to give soldiers somthing to work for, somthing more then just running around in circles after your opponents capturing posts. Larger battles is also a givin, I mean right now some of them feel to crowded. Others are a bit to spread out, and could use more vehicles and units.

Also I think more complex maps, with interactive enviroment would also add something to the maps, collapsable tunnels on Hoth for example, to slow down the imperials as they invade Echo base. Or the ability to enter buildings (or demolish?) on Mos Eisly or Naboo, and snipe from windows, stuff like that could also help improve the maps.

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #50
lordzack
Rookie

I do agree wth the destructible building idea. I also want bigger maps, and more vehicles per map. I also might like water vehicles like the TIE Fighter Boat, AT-AT Swimmers, and Amphibions. They're should be more crusiers and frigates, like 2-3 or more crusiers and 4-6 frigates. I definetly think they're should be armories with advanced weaponry, that you can get if you have enough starpoints or something. And they're should be various vehicles on each map. Most of the vehicles that fought in that battle should be in the game. For example, for Geonosis, speeder bikes, fighter tanks, AT-TEs, LAAT/is, vs snail droids, spider droids and hailfire droids.
lordzack is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #51
Ch1cago88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
That really would be pathetic. Especially considering gungans are already playable in BF2.
Do you mean in Hunt mode? If you did thats not what I meant, I was just talking about a new army class for SwBF3. If you did'nt mean Hunt mode, I must of missed that from the game, lol.

www.legacyofpain.com clan site

-We've been around for 5 years and counting

-We now play Counter Strike Source, Americas Army, and BattleField Vietnam

-Were Still recruiting so come check us out today! www.legacyofpain.com
Ch1cago88 is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #52
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

lol yeah, I meant the playable gungans in hunt, didn't know you meant somthing diffrent, I though you were making fun of them trumping up some feature that was already in the game. It was kind of confusing when all you say is "playable gungans." lol.

Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 01-02-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #53
lordzack
Rookie

They need Naboo:Plains for the Gungans if Battlefront 3 comes out. Leave Theed for the Naboo.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #54
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Yeah, it is a bit weird to be fighting them in the streets of Theed. It would make more sense to hunt them down in the plains/swamps, or even an underground gungan city, where you have to destroy generators keeping that plasma stuff over the surface, eventually destroying the entire gungan city.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #55
lordzack
Rookie

Quote:
*Naboo: Swamp (Naboo: Otoh Gunga)
Has anyone checked out my map list, besides the fact it's very large?
By the way, parentheses mean a map that might be in another map.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #56
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

lol Sorry man, I got about halfway down before giving up, an extreamly long list... too many places i've never heard of. Might make some fun battles though, but I doubt they would add that many EU locations.

Unless their was enough intrest, then they might release some sort of "ultimate EU battlefront" expansion pack, with wars before and after the clone wars/galactic civil war.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #57
The Eyes
Rookie

Two words. Hero Creator

Do not underestimate the power of a small post count.
The Eyes is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #58
KenobiChronicle
Rookie

Let's not let this become Jedi Academy.

KenobiChronicle is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 01:03 AM   #59
JetTrooper
Lurker

Yeah. and you cant fit EVERYTHING into one game. and another thing. i like having jedi in the game and being able to play as them, but its supposed to be a battlefront. its supposed to make you feel like the average soldier in the middle of a huge interplanetary war. not the extra special hero who kills everyone and completes all the objectives.
JetTrooper is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 06:02 AM   #60
SirLancelot

I agree with Jet Trooper. Let's keep this series focused on the infantrymen. The real heroes of a war.

Darasuum Kote (Mandalorian for Eternal Glory)
-Motto of the Clone Army

http://www.imperialcommandos.com/main.htm
http://www.clonetroopers.net/
SirLancelot is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #61
lordzack
Rookie

I disagree. The Jedi were essential in the Clone Wars. And the Yuzzhan Vong Invasion. And all the Sith Wars, ect. Without Luke, the Rebellion would've had no hope. So at least have them around, if not playable.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #62
pcd927
Rookie

They can leave the Jedi, but definitely add more troops on the battlefields and more vehicles.

pcd927- Warrior of the Republic
pcd927 is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #63
SirLancelot

I'm not saying remove the Jedi. I'm saying, let's not let this series shift to a Jedi focus. It should dtay, primarily, on the footsoldier. The Jedi impelmentation should stay as it is, for the most part.

Battlefront should not be Jedi-Centric, is my point.

-Motto of the Clone Army

Old 01-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #64
SirLancelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzack
I disagree. The Jedi were essential in the Clone Wars. And the Yuzzhan Vong Invasion. And all the Sith Wars, ect. Without Luke, the Rebellion would've had no hope. So at least have them around, if not playable.

And without an army of fine soldiers to command, the Jedi could not have won either war. Obi-Wan said it himself. "without the clone army there would not have been a victory". Wedge Antilles and the other military commanders of the republic had as much to do with the victory over the Vong as the Jedi.

-Motto of the Clone Army

Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #65
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

I personally could care less, so long as they are done right, and their is an option to turn 'em off. They can be fun to play as at times, but sometimes I like battles straight, without having to worry about some jedi coming along and spawnkilling my team to defeat.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #66
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

If there is a Battlefront 3 then they will probably make the Jedi less powerful, or make it so that you can only play as them once in a battle, but theres no way they'd take them out.
Android, Jedi aren't that powerful, they hardly ever last long while spawnkilling.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 01-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #67
Arcane_Penguin
Rookie

ive gotten 230 kills from being a jedi and spawn killign with out dieing, *evil grin*

anyway. They should add the ground vehicals back, they were awsome ((from what i've seen, i only got SWBF2, and they should add options for the XL game type.
Arcane_Penguin is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #68
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

I never said they were overpowered. I merely meant they can be annoying at times, and even though they are relativly easily dispatched once you know what your doing, sometimes I prefer playing without worrying about them.

And even if they do get killed relativly easily, one spawn-killin' spree can put a large enough krimp in your points to assure defeat, especially if it's towards the end of the game.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #69
lordzack
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLancelot
And without an army of fine soldiers to command, the Jedi could not have won either war. Obi-Wan said it himself. "without the clone army there would not have been a victory". Wedge Antilles and the other military commanders of the republic had as much to do with the victory over the Vong as the Jedi.
Of course. An army needs soldiers (and in Star Wars, Jedi and other heroes are definetly plusses). I didn't say the soldiers weren't important. Also, so the soldiers work well, BF 3 needs good AI!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #70
pcd927
Rookie

Okay, let's drop the whole Jedi argument.

In SWBF3, they should make like a Campaign Editor, like in StarCraft where you can make your own maps and customize the gameplay with triggers. That would be so cool! You could create your own battlefields!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #71
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

That would be absolutly awsome, I know you can make maps and stuff with modding tools but those are kind of technical and hard to use. It would be nice if their was an easy to use, simple level editor.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #72
pcd927
Rookie

Exactly. It would probably be like Far Cry: Instincts map creating tool. Just choose terrain, objects, and start points, then customize the outcomes and mission objectives, and you're done.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #73
lordzack
Rookie

I was actually thinking about this. I called it "Watto's Junkyard". I think the map should be shareable via internet on the consules as well (I think X-Box 360 has the potentiol to do so, Revolution might, I'm not sure about PS3.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #74
pcd927
Rookie

Oh yeah, i like that! That would be an interesting and creative way of displaying it.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #75
Darth MarcII

They can take or leave the Jedi. I really could care less either way as I really did not miss them in the first game.

". . .long I stood there wondering, fearing,
doubting. . .dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. . ."

-Edgar Allen Poe
Darth MarcII is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #76
pcd927
Rookie

Same with me. I don't care about being a Jedi. It's not that big of a deal for me.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #77
Darth MarcII

I'm thinking the next Battlefront should be along the line of Call of duty in terms of the way the combat is done. CoD is the most intense combat game I have ever played.

". . .long I stood there wondering, fearing,
doubting. . .dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. . ."

-Edgar Allen Poe
Darth MarcII is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #78
pcd927
Rookie

Yeah, and they need to make the 1st person infantry view better. There's barely any animation.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #79
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcd927
Yeah, and they need to make the 1st person infantry view better. There's barely any animation.
Maybe make it more like Jedi Outcast/Academy, which worked really well in both 1st and 3rd person views.

- Halo_92

Old 01-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #80
The Death Star
Rookie

Perhaps a Bonus Galactic Conquest mode- Death Star/Death Star 2 Rampage.
Pilot Either Death Star Across the map, Destroying or Conquering PLanets. But Be Careful, The Rebels could have a clever trick.......

Basically you choose where the Death Star Goes (You Start at your Base Planet) And when you Arrive at A Planet it will say- Press (Whatever button) To Deatroy this Planet or Press (Whatever button) To Conquer.
IF YOU PICK DESTROY PLANET
1. You Control the Death Star. Yes. Thats Right, YOU.
2. Its a Space Battle. Only you can Pick wether to fly a ship to stop the rebels from activating ROGUE SQUADRON or stay on the death star.
SHIP CONTROLS-(Same as BF2)
DEATH STAR CONTROLS

Primary Fire- Planet destroying Superlaser
Pros- Bye Bye Planet!
Cons- Only Available after a short period of time.
Secondary primary Fire- Weaker Superlaser
Pros- You Go into a view mode, target a capital ship and BOOM! take out a Cruiser! Instantly Available
Cons- Slowish Recharge Rate Cannot destroy planet. One false move and Accidentally hit a stardestroyer.
Secondary Fire- Send out stardestroyers and TIES
Pros- Quick and effective for destroying enemy ships.
Cons-Limited amount.
Secondary Secondary Fire-TurboLasers (When Rogue squadron Appear near surface) otherwise extra garrison of Star destroyers.
Pros- (Turbolasers) Can Destroy Rogue Squadron Attack
(Star Destroyers) Can destroy enemies.
Cons-(TurboLasers) Not very accurate.
(Star Destroyers) Limited amount

If you destroy a set amount of enemies, the Death Star Is Cleared to fire. A Push of the Button and BOOM!

IF YOU PICK CONQUER
1. Basic Battlefront Ground Battle.
2. 'nuff said.
I hope you like my idea!
The Death Star is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)