lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Two Questions
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-27-2005, 08:54 AM   #1
Renegade Puma
Junior Member
 
Renegade Puma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 329
Current Game: Star Trek Online
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Two Questions

Okay this is my first thread I have ever started and only my 3rd post ever. So please don't flame me if these two questions have already been brought up. I haven't had the time to search through the whole site to see if they have been.

1. Would it be possible to start a petition and then send it to Lucas arts, asking them to make Kotor III.

2. Am I the only one who would love for KOTOR III to be Multiplayer Co-op. Like say the 2, 3, and 4th players would contoll the players in your party, but not your Main PC. And you wouldn't be confined to 1 screen. It would be only available online, through xbox live or Pc. And much like Halo and Halo 2, you and your co-op buddy could go anywhere you want without having to stick right by the other. I would love this so much! I think it would add a lot of value to the game. I believe the 360 could handle running this, even having one player pause his to level up, or equip stuff, while the other player can still keep going. What do you think?
Renegade Puma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!
 
ChAiNz.2da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee (USA)
Posts: 6,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeBore
1. Would it be possible to start a petition and then send it to Lucas arts, asking them to make Kotor III.
Online Petitions have about as much mileage to developers as a paper airplane

While they're OK for some things, games & developers alike usually will hire a control group IF they're interested in anyone's opinion in the first place.

By all means don't take this as a "Don't Bother".. you have every much right to start one as anybody, but the "realist" in me tells me to give you a fair warning that a petition will more than likely fall on deaf ears...

Besides, there's no confirmation that KotOR III isn't being made, so keep your ears open and your fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeBore
2. Am I the only one who would love for KOTOR III to be Multiplayer Co-op. Like say the 2, 3, and 4th players would contoll the players in your party, but not your Main PC. And you wouldn't be confined to 1 screen. It would be only available online, through xbox live or Pc. And much like Halo and Halo 2, you and your co-op buddy could go anywhere you want without having to stick right by the other. I would love this so much! I think it would add a lot of value to the game. I believe the 360 could handle running this, even having one player pause his to level up, or equip stuff, while the other player can still keep going. What do you think?
While there are numerous opinions about multi-player in KotOR III.. they're also numerous threads

Rather than this thread being tossed (and lost) in the mix, here's a link to the latest idea about it. Feel free to contribute to it there

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157371

And Welcome to the Forums!


"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"


| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
Nedak
Beelzebozo
 
Nedak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,836
LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
Online Petitions have about as much mileage to developers as a paper airplane
Ha paper airplane, sad but true. Isnt there some way to get real signatures on a pitition if its online?
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
John Skywalker
Rookie
 
John Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
if you want a star wars multiplayer you've described try star wars galaxies or better yet play battlefront 2 online.
John Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #5
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by han sala
Ha paper airplane, sad but true. Isnt there some way to get real signatures on a pitition if its online?
Probably, but there's no point. Online petitions are, like ChAiNz said, meaningless.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
ImperatorCaesar
Rookie
 
ImperatorCaesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Skywalker
if you want a star wars multiplayer you've described try star wars galaxies or better yet play battlefront 2 online.
But none of those games are nearly as good as KOTOR. I would like to see a multiplayer co-op as well. I would invision it as parting with a couple other players and then going out into the world to do side quests. The story should be reserved for the single player game. What you could do is have a single player character and then, when you want to go online with some friends connect and do some side quests like dueling arena,
ImperatorCaesar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur
 
JediMaster12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Buried in books...literally
Posts: 5,933
Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeBore
Am I the only one who would love for KOTOR III to be Multiplayer Co-op. Like say the 2, 3, and 4th players would contoll the players in your party, but not your Main PC. And you wouldn't be confined to 1 screen. It would be only available online, through xbox live or Pc. And much like Halo and Halo 2, you and your co-op buddy could go anywhere you want without having to stick right by the other. I would love this so much! I think it would add a lot of value to the game. I believe the 360 could handle running this, even having one player pause his to level up, or equip stuff, while the other player can still keep going. What do you think?
You and maybe one or two others but most of us like the RPG. If you want to play multiplayer, play Battlefront II or better yet, play Star Wars with Legoes. That would be good for you.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.
 
Darth InSidious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Eleven-Day Empire
Posts: 5,777
Current Game: KotOR II
Come to think of it, most petitions have about the same force. *Looks sadly back at TrekUnited, and the Save Doctor Who campaigns*



Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Dark$eth
Rookie
 
Dark$eth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: halfway from the begining to the end, and a little bit more down than up
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorCaesar
But none of those games are nearly as good as KOTOR. I would like to see a multiplayer co-op as well. I would invision it as parting with a couple other players and then going out into the world to do side quests. The story should be reserved for the single player game. What you could do is have a single player character and then, when you want to go online with some friends connect and do some side quests like dueling arena,
I totally agree. I am so prejudiced (I think that's how to spell it) against Battlefrint and nothing can change my opinion. There should also be an entire story for co-op like in halo 2, not just side quests.

"Hey Matt!" "Hi Eric!" "Let's go save the Jedi princess in KotOR3!"
"What an awesome idea! Let's go!" "Ok!"

That's what would happen with KotOR3 if co-op was side-quest only and that makes me sad


wups
Dark$eth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #10
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur
 
JediMaster12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Buried in books...literally
Posts: 5,933
Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
Come to think of it, most petitions have about the same force. *Looks sadly back at TrekUnited, and the Save Doctor Who campaigns*
You must have been part of those campaigns. It must have been hard putting all your energy into it only to have it smashed flat. Release your anger, it makes you strong.

Ahh!! What am I saying?! Must stop.

*collapses*

Any ways, I think that to start an online petition would be a waste of effort considering if K3 is being made, they wouldn't tell us anyway until they see fit to release it.


Last edited by JediMaster12; 01-26-2006 at 11:21 AM.
JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #11
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
1. Petitions = Ways to make a laughing stock out of yourself.
2. Multiplayer Co-op = Fine, as long as they don't sacrfice the SP Gameplay for that.


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Two Questions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.