lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The world of Malgor - IC thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-30-2005, 06:10 PM   #41
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
He tilted his head a bit before he opened the door and let her pass into the hallway.

While this conversation had taken place, two strangers, the other wearing blue robes and the other a light armor made of iron and a yellow cross on the chest, had walked into the tavern. The other was human of normal height, the other an elf, a head taller than the human. The two had taken a cornr table and the human was smoking a pipe as the elf was scribbling something down on a scroll. The two spoke in a foreign tongue, probably one spoken in the woodlands of far north

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 PM   #42
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((yeah, My centaur did walk into that same tavern.))

"We don't want your kind here! Horseman!" Said a drunk patron. Without a word Ban swiftly walked over to him and picked him up with one muscly arm.
"I do not tolerate racism." Then he put him down and went to the bar and lay down so he was almost eye level with the bartender.
"Whiskey." The whole bar was completely silent.

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #43
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The man entered the tavern, carefully. He'd heard that Ban had been headed this way, and had seen him entering. He sat down next to Ban.

"I've got something for the rebels." He said quietly enough so that only Ban could hear him.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 08:46 PM   #44
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Tani's eyes fell briefly on the elf and the man in the corner. Though her face appeared disinterested, she kept her sharp ears open, trying to catch any words she could. It was a language she knew only a little of and they were speaking softly, so she could not understand what they were speaking of.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2005, 11:31 PM   #45
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Enlighten me." ban said without looking at him.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #46
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

(Out of Character: I changed my previous post, wildjedi. )

NeoVenom took his eyes off the two people he was watching when the bartender started talking to him. The bartender told NeoVenom all about how the commander was murdered and some assassin left his mark, how the assassin's name was "Reaper". Even though NeoVenom disliked the way Carmael was run, he believed no one deserved death but instead should be prosecuted by justice. After thanking the bartender for the information, NeoVenom got to his feet. He looked around once more and noticed the two people he was watching earlier were at the bottom of the steps that lead upstairs. Maybe he should have a talk with them, maybe he should just wait until he has more information. After a slight pause at where he stood, NeoVenom made his way to the door of the cavern. He heard elven being spoken at a corner and tried to listen.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Darth NeoVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2005, 01:46 AM   #47
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I have a scroll with information about where a map may be located. A map to the fire amulet of Gohan "

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 AM   #48
Curt-Man
Swoop?

When mention of the amulet was heard, Ban's eyes grew very wide.
"Meet me outside 20 minutes after I leave." Ban said, then thanked the bartender and left.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:25 AM   #49
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The two men in the corner looked around carefully before noticing Ban's exit.
"The centaur is making too much noise"
"Let him be, will you? We're not here to babysit other rebels. We're here to get some supplies before we continue our journey"
"I still don't like rebels lie that. He can mess this whole thing up"
"Trust me on this one" the mage said and the conversation ended there. The mage turned the scroll around for the paladin to read. The paladin looked at what had been written and drawed onto the scroll and then sighed, leaning back on his chair.
"So... Now we need an assassin to take care of the general in Karleqe so we can get a clear route all the way to the Ice mountains..." the paladin said and sighed again
"Yup" answered the mage and leaned back in his chair.

Reaper had nudged his hood back on as he had walked down the stairs and his hair was drawn back, but not into a ponytail this time. He walked with Tani over to the bartender and leaned onto the desk. "Give me an ale and give the lady..." he said but stopped, looking at Tani, expecting her to order something

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #50
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Ban walked over to the shadows, to stay hidden as much as a centaur can.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #51
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Meanwhile the man looked around, and headed for the bar. He ordered a drink while he waited.
------
Once he was sure no one was following, Lio hid in an alley. He checked his newly acquired goods.

The gems were valuable, though not overly so, he pocketed them. Then he checked the scroll. He shook his head and laughed. Some nonesense about the famous amulet. Seems liket he guy he was trailing had been taken in by that legend. At least he'd be able to sell it to someone who truly believed the legend.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #52
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Tani!" the bartender exclaimed as if seeing her for the first time. Then, he turned to Reaper. "Not to worry, sir. I know exactly what she likes."

Tani smiled and nodded and the bartender went to prepare the drinks.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 02:06 PM   #53
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"You have good connections, I see" he said and smiled. "I'm glad that someone of your talent will continue our shadowed profession" he said and turned to see the bartender again. "I just hope there would be more of your talent than there is currently"

---

The paladin rose up and looked at the two assassins with curiosity, even thougth he only guessed their profession. The mage looked as the paladin walked over to the two and sat down on the stool next to Reaper. "You wouldn't know where might I find some professional assassins to do a well-paying job for me"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 02:13 PM   #54
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Meaning more than one?" Tani wondered quietly, her eye color changing slightly in her surprise.

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 02:29 PM   #55
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Yes, meaning more than one"the paladin said and looked still forwards, at the wall behind the bartender. He knew well how the general would be guarded, and two assassins was the minimum of what would be needed.

Reaper looked at the paladin, then at Tani. He placed his finger under his eye and tapped twice to note her of her eye colour change. He then turned back to the paladin, drawing his hand from his face and to grab the tankard of ale infront of him. "I might now someone very interested. How much?"

The paladin grinned and turned to see Reaper. "2000 to each assassin and all expenses covered"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 PM   #56
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tani caught Reaper's signal and focused enough to bring her eyes back to green. "All expenses covered?" She shrugged. "I can't much help you. I've been hunting an assassin, but we don't talk much."

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #57
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Do you know where might I find this assassin?" the paladin asked, turning to see the two now for the first time. Reaper stayed silence and leaned bac slightly on his stool and took a sip of his ale, giving Tani an almost unnoticable nod to courage her into it. This way, Tani could also get some hints of where her hunted assassin might go next

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 02:43 PM   #58
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I thought she was nearby," she said. "It turned out to be Reaper. I'm a little disoriented now, but I imagine I'll be on her trail again in the next couple of days. I'm not optimistic, but she might pop up somewhere else within the next couple of days."

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #59
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Reaper shook his head slightly. 'What a stubborn girl...' he thought and took another sip of his ale. He then turned to the paladin and placed the ale onto the counter again. "And might I enquire who my assassin shuld contact?" he asked and the paladin gave a wide smile and looked at Reaper.
"I am Eduardo Garcias, captain of the rebel army of Carmael" he said roudly and the mage gave him a dirty look for saying it so loudly. "I shall stay on room 203 for this night with my friend. We leave at sunrise, so tell your 'friend' to hurry" he finished

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 03:03 PM   #60
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tani turned back to the bar and took a sip from her drink. Just beneath the skin, Tarika was very unhappy. She knew she wanted the job, but she'd be forced to go against her previously established methods. Was it worth it? She nodded thoughtfully. Yes, she thought it was. The Shapeshifter Assassin would visit the captain of the rebel army just before sunrise.

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 03:14 PM   #61
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The paladin nodded his goodbyes and left back to his table.

Reaper took another sip of his ale quickly and then looked at Tani. "What do you think? Will the captain have two visits?" he asked with a grin. He had noticed her pondering look, and was pretty sure of the answer already

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 03:25 PM   #62
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tani nodded slowly. "It's not in the normal way of things for the Shapeshifter Assassin to strike so near to a failed job... but it's worth it." She turned to the bartender. "I take it you heard all of that." He nodded. "Spread the word as far and as fast as you can. She'll take it for sure."

"You want her to take it, Tani?" the bartender asked, surprised. Tani nodded.

"Yes," she answered. "If she takes it, I'll know exactly where she's going to be next. I can get there ahead of her."

The bartender snapped his fingers and a young boy came to him. After a short, whispered conversation, the boy ran out the door and the bartender turned back to Tani. "The word will be all over town that the captain wants to have a chat with the Shapeshifter Assassin. That boy's fast. Word will be spread within the hour."

Tani nodded her approval and smiled. "Thank you Gershon." The bartender bowed. "Always a pleasure to help an assassin hunter."

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 04:00 PM   #63
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Ban waited patiently for his informant to come. He wasn't sure of this town, so he kept one hand on one of his broadswords.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:03 PM   #64
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Reaper chuckled and looked at Tani. "Nice one, shapeshifter" he whispered and gulped down the rest of his ale. "I still have a job tonight. I could as well see you tomorrow before sunrise" he said and stood up. Then he did something that probably nobody was expecting and what he would regret later on. He kissed her on the cheek, not even an inch away form her lis, and walked away. When he got outside, even his eyes showed his suden confusion. 'Where the hell did that come from?' he asked in his mind, but would need to forget it for now. He vanished into an alleyway and soon a shadow was once again jumping from roof to roof.

The paladin had watched this happen and was very interested of these two assassins. Especially of what the Tani would do after Alzibar would be gone. Oh how much he wanted somekid of a drama, even thought he had the hunch that they would do the drama quite quietly... assassins do everything quietly, and that bugged him about them the most

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #65
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The informant finished his drink and left. He'd seen the two assasins and was slightly nervous about them. If the king had learned of what he did and had sent them......

He walked outside to meet Ban.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #66
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Over here." Ban said in a deep low voice.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:45 PM   #67
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The man walked over.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #68
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Let me see the map."

Old 12-31-2005, 05:04 PM   #69
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tani blinked, wondering what had just happened. That was terribly unexpected, she told herself. Trying to get over her surprise, she remained at the bar and finished her drink. When it was done, she paid for it and left.

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 05:52 PM   #70
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The mage was now also observing, which was terribly odd from him. He usually never was to peek at other people, but the paladin had gotten his interest this time. The paladin turned to his elven firend and smiled. "I wonder how they will work together if it already looks like this" he noted and the elven mage nodded. "But they both are better than most assassins. They are perfect for the job" the mage said back swiftly.

Reaper looked up at a balcony, a couple of stories above the main entrance of the fort. Ten guards walked around the fort walls, all on standby. The assassin looked around and backed off back into the shadows. It would be too risky to do this now. Especially without the proper gear that he wouldn't get until the next day when the merchants were in town. It would seem he would need to skip this catch

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #71
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"You look discouraged," a voice said to him quietly from behind. It was Tarika. She looked up at the fort and nodded thoughtfully. "You killed the commander this morning. It's no wonder this place is so surely guarded."

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 07:38 PM   #72
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"I can't get in with all those guards around, and I've promised to myself not to kill anyone else than my target" he said and looked at her quickly. He took his bow out, which he had snagged with him from his room. Reaper shook his head and turned to see her completely. "There's no other way in" he said with a sigh and looked back at the fort. He was extremely discouraged of the exta guards right now. This town had really grown big. It even had a proper town guard nowadays

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 07:52 PM   #73
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tarika stared up at the men thoughtfully before shifting to the form of a man in a similar uniform. "I can get you in... if we can find a horse or something for me to ride. You'd be considered a prisoner until we got in, but I'm confident it's doable."

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 08:08 PM   #74
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
He stood up and looked at her. "I'd rather miss this target before a whole damn fort seeing me as a prisoner" he said and pointed at the fort. "I will never be seen when I'm on a job, except for the target and even he is going to die seconds after seeing me. Just... No" he said and walked past her, placing the bow back onto his back

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #75
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tarika shifted back to her natural appearance and chuckled, turning to follow him. "Well then there's only one other option for you. If I go in there and distract the guards enough, it should give you enough time to get in and get out." She shrugged. "Just trying to be helpful... you seemed bothered that you'd have to miss this kill."

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 08:35 PM   #76
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
He looked back at her. "I am bummed out about it, but there's nothing I can do about it, now is there?" he said, putting some pressure on the second I, trying to point out he didn't need her help and that he worked alone. He placed his other hand's fingers onto the crack betweentwo brick on the house next to them and swung himself up to a window, where he took a better grip and from there he pushed himself first towards the building now behind him, on the other side of the alleyway, and then kicked his feet off with a delay on his left leg so he could twist around in the air easier. His hands took a grip of the edge of the roof of the building and he swung himself up. He truly looked like a cat when he climbed the wall. That was the perfection after over 300 years of training, and he still got better at it

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 PM   #77
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tarika smirked as she watched him climb the wall. More to herself than to him, she said, "Have it your way." With that, she vanished into the shadows of the alley. From the shadows, she watched him still. "See you around, Reaper..." she whispered. Then, she shifted into a halfling female with almost black curly hair and brown eyes and went back to the tavern.

My work in progress:

Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #78
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Of course." The man reached into his coat.....and paled.

"It.....it's been stolen!" He said.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #79
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"WHAT!?" Ban yelled at him, then picked up by the collar and shoved into the wall. "You better go find it." Ban said very seriously.

Old 01-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #80
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
A stretching of a bow was heard from the deeper and darker shadows of the alleyway. You could see nothing but the slightly shining metal of the arrowhead.
"Let him go or we'll see if centaurs can deflect arrows" a voice said from the shadows. Still you could not see much, but as a patrol with their lantern going past lit the alley just enought to show a dark figure and it's black skin showed him as a dark elf. Reaper stretched the bow a bit more getting ready if the centaur would charge now that it knew his position in the shadows perfectly

"

- Carl Sagan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > The world of Malgor - IC thread