lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Let's start a regular series of Multiplayer games
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
te27ch

Let's start a regular series of Multiplayer games

I was thinking, that since the Zone is basically gone, nobody is on GameSpy, and the dedicated server is empty a lot, we should organise some sort of regular times and dates for us to have multiplayer matches.

I know there are quite a few people, especially on these forums, who really would enjoy this. I don't have a fast connection myself, but maybe someone with a good connection could host these games? There can, of course, be discussion as to which games are played when, such as JK, MOTS, FF, NF, Mods, etc.

Any ideas for setting this up would be great.
te27ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
Jamps

If people from Zone would have switched to Gamespy, the community could still be going. I occasionally go into Gamespy to look for open games, which is rare.

If somebody would set up a server at a certain time regularly, it would help bring back the game to some extent.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I think you guys should use one of the existing channels to setup your game, if possible (might as well), even though you're setting up your own time to meet. Just my 2 cents.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
te27ch

Uhhh ok, thanks for the support.

So, who wants to set up a game, and when? Maybe after we play a few games, we can get together more often.
te27ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
jedijones
Rookie

I've been on a server a few times, but noones there apart from the host, who isn't very talkative. its ip address is 24.225.221.216, i believe.
jedijones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
Good Sir Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatter
If people from Zone would have switched to Gamespy, the community could still be going. I occasionally go into Gamespy to look for open games, which is rare.

If somebody would set up a server at a certain time regularly, it would help bring back the game to some extent.

I feel that the community is pretty dead for a variety of factors, including time.

Last edited by Good Sir Knight; 01-14-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #7
Captain-Olm

So why setting up new channels / games etc. which are gonna go down due inactivity? Keep the existing thing alive, or wake the dead. (jk.servegame.com or even game spy)
Captain-Olm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
FalloutMan
Rookie

so, are we gunna do this? im looking forward to finally being able to play MP on DF2
FalloutMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
Rosenkavalier
Lurker

I'm totally down for this... or we can make a list of players through AIM or MSN or e-mails... and IM each other whenever we want to play and we only need one person to host the game, and others can join... my screen name on AIM is "Beethovenite". I'm DYING to play, if anyone wants to play, im me NOWWWWWWWW!!!
Rosenkavalier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Let's start a regular series of Multiplayer games