lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Venator is in game! *Officially confirmed*
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Foshjedi2004

THE VENATOR IS IN EAW *Screenshot Enclosed*

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=1644

My Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Any Websites, persons or places.
Check out my Gallery
[/color]

Last edited by Foshjedi2004; 12-29-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Foshjedi2004 is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
Lord Valenta
Rookie

indeed that does look like the venator. its de3finately not an aclimator since its got that distinctive dual bridge area.
Lord Valenta is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES

*Prays this isnt an outdated screen*
Thanks fosh!

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
I hope it's not outdated but i get one of those feelings, a spider sence if you will, that its an early screen... However if it isn't wahoooo.

Thank you mr 2004
starmark2k is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmark2k
I hope it's not outdated but i get one of those feelings, a spider sence if you will, that its an early screen...
Yeah me as well. I have a feeling its an outdated screen before.. before... they deleted my precious Venator! At least I got to see what it would have looked like... *sniff*

Let's hope it's still in!

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 12-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
Foshjedi2004

It was in one of this Months German PC mags so I doubt that it is out of date!!!

My Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Any Websites, persons or places.
Check out my Gallery
[/color]
Foshjedi2004 is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #7
jake123456
Rookie

I think it will be stupid if they leave the aclmiator class ship, but not the venator class. It doesn't make sense: the venator class ship has been produced after aclimator, so why wouldn't it be in the game?
jake123456 is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 05:17 PM   #8
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Welcome to the fourms jake, and yes I agree with you entirely. That was in fact my point, I would rather have something more modern than the acclaimator in EaW, and that is the Venator! lol

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 12-29-2005, 06:45 PM   #9
SRF_Vader
Rookie

Several problems:

1) It has Republic coloring, after the declaration of the empire, all coloring was removed from the Venator's.

2) is almost appears as if they are shooting at eachother.

My theory is that this is part of a campaign mission that involves venators, and that they are merely map/mission specific units, and not actually units that you can construct.

Edit: After further observation, you can also see the Imperials shooting at one of the Venators. I believe this to be part of a mission, perhaps a "Capture the Venator's mission" Rebels dont appear to have mon-cal's out there yet, it may be capturing the venator's is part of getting the tech needed to construct those or other tech, and the imperials are trying to stop them, capturing the one's they can and destroying the ones they cant. They may act as "Gaia" in this mission.

Just a theory

If you only knew the power of the darkside!

Last edited by SRF_Vader; 12-29-2005 at 06:55 PM.
SRF_Vader is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #10
Lew

I think this screen is a skirmish game. That explains the colors (units are colored to indicate the team they are on). It also explains imp vs imp (since a skirmish can be imp v imp, reb v reb, or imp v reb).

-Lew
Lew is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #11
SRF_Vader
Rookie

if you notice, neither the imps or rebs have colors on them. This is definetly not skirmish. only the venators have the colors on them.

in the mission, they are probably venators that were disabled/abandoned, and the rebels are trying to capture them to reverse engineer the technology.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #12
Daddyboom
Rookie

i still don't completely get what the big deal is about the Venator, what is it?
Daddyboom is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 08:14 PM   #13
absboodoo
Rookie

Cheers indeed. Now let's hope it's got a werid name like "Rebel attack cruiser" lol
Rebel Attack Cruiser
absboodoo is offline   you may:
Old 12-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #14
SRF_Vader
Rookie

Again, as i stated above, i believe this to possibly be merely a map/mission specific unit only. I think its best if nobody jumps to conclusions, so that nobody ends up overly dissappointed when more info is released.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #15
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by absboodoo
Cheers indeed. Now let's hope it's got a werid name like "Rebel attack cruiser" lol
Rebel Attack Cruiser
Jesus chirst! $31,000! Whew, that is one pricey republic attack cruiser.

Well, even if the Venator is a mission specific unit, im still not gonna be disapointed because at least it's in the game! If they have an older acclaimator im sure the Venator will at least be a unit.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 12-29-2005, 11:54 PM   #16
Jmaster3265
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foshjedi2004
First, where and what is the vent? I'm not a EU or major major in depth information SW fan. Second, why is this screenie so fuzzy?

Jmaster3265 is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #17
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
They are in the upper middle of the screenie, getting blown up.

To your second question, Its a bit blurry because its a magazine scan.

Question for you: Did you read the rest of the thread? I didn't know what the Venture Venator was before I did. Click the link posted by absboodoo

Edit: Hehe. Thanks popcorn. Told you I didn't know what they were..

Last edited by Bob Lion54; 12-30-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Bob Lion54 is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #18
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

The "Venator" not Venture, is a star destroyer seen in Episode III of Star Wars, so technically it isnt an EU unit. You can see it in the opening battle of Coruscant and throughout Ep. III. It was a promenent star destroyer in it's time. Below J, you can see what the Venator is in the screen.

And yes the pic is blurry because it is a magazine scan.
Attached Images

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 AM   #19
SRF_Vader
Rookie

Quote:
Well, even if the Venator is a mission specific unit, im still not gonna be disapointed because at least it's in the game! If they have an older acclaimator im sure the Venator will at least be a unit.
Well the acclaimator is different, it wasnt replaced, its a smaller, cheap, disposable troop transport in comparison to the Star Destroyers, it itself is not a star destroyer but more of a heavy transport, i'll have to look it up later. The Venator however, is a Star Destroyer, so when newer models of this Star Destroyer come out, such as the Imperator, they start decomissioning older versions until they are all gone.

The venator is more of a precursor to the Imperator i'm guessing, unlike say a interdictor or acclaimator which are just different types of ships all together, and when they invented the Imperator, they wanted to get rid of the older version which is the Venator

Since this takes place just a couple years before ANH, the Venator would obviously be completely replaced by Imperator's/imperial class Star destroyers. However, the Acclaimator is its own class, and probably has not had a newer version come out, other than them being equipped with newer weapons and shields as the time progresses.

Atleast, thats what i gather, i could be wrong.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #20
artisen12
Rookie

ok i havent read the whole topic yet but i remember a level on battlefront 2 where your the 501st and you have to destroy a tratorous ,or however you spell it,group of clones first on the ground then in space
artisen12 is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #21
aggie_john
Rookie

Well yes it is true that the Venator was replaced by bigger and better capital ships, ie the ISD, however, many fleets and forces through out history do not simply get rid of the old ships or vehicles. IE the the M26 was a heavy tank then redefined as a medium tank when the M48 came out. If the venator can be upgraded and is not totally out classed in speed and combat effectiveness why get rid of them completely. They can run pratrols and serve as a heavy frigate or a "jeep Carrier" I think that was what they were called, basically a small carrier that carried more fighters to relpace ones lost on the main carriers during WWII.

Their advanage in EaW the rebels can see the Empires forces but not the other way around. To help sure up weak spots we need a cheaper perhaps not front line but still good enough to defend off small scale attacks capital ship....the Venator. A ship that can hold the line until the fleet arrives.
aggie_john is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #22
zeni
Rookie

yes!!!!!! suddenly, thx@petroglyph

If somebody sees a mistake in my texts he may keep it
HEY PLZ BRING BACK VENATOR WITH PATCH 1.1!!!!!!!
I NEED IT!

zeni is offline   you may:
Old 12-30-2005, 08:15 PM   #23
SRF_Vader
Rookie

The thing about the Empire, is they often do decomission older models. I place the acclaimator as an exception, because it wasnt really replaced, there are not really any newer models of the type of ship as the acclaimator, so it has no true reason to be decomissioned. however, the Imperator is a newer, better version of the Venator, so the Venator is decomissioned. Clone's didnt even keep their same armor, all were put into Stormtrooper armor. Tie fighters replaced all previous fighters (If i recall correctly, originally the Empire was going to use X-wings).

Plus, the Emperor probably believes its more efficient to decomission the older models than spend the time to call them all into dock, and have to continually upgrade all of them to keep them up to pace with shields weaponry armor and speed. The acclaimator, however, has no real replacement for it so has not been decomissioned.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #24
DonBilbo
Rookie

Exclamation Venator is in game! *Officially confirmed*

Hi @all,

today an editor from the magazine that brought the screenshot with the vanator sent me an email. Here's a translation for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Haake
I've asked one of our US editors: Lucasarts/Petroglyph says that the Venator Class Stardestroyer will be in the game. So the Screenshot shown in the PC Games 02/2006 is up to date. The shot doesn't show the tutorial or the first mission. The screenshot is made by Lucasarts, so it must be out from one of the later missions.
So guys be happy....the Venator is officially in the game and so now all the discussions about the venator to be in or not to be in should be finished.

greetz
DonBilbo
HQ Network|Newsposter
www.eawhq.de

Empire at War HQ|Head Admin
Steiner Modding|Transatlantic PR

DonBilbo is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #25
Darth_Extas

This is good news as well I think we may have had this subject before... I think.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
zeni
Rookie

yes!!!! good news^^

I NEED IT!

Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 PM   #27
Xtreme Muppet
Rookie

Thumbs up

Defanitaly good news. I know it has already been said but I am going to say it again, it would have made no sence to have the acclamator but not the Venator.

It's not adware or viruses, you should be woried about while surfin the web, it's Ninja popups, those things are CRAZY sneaky.
Xtreme Muppet is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #28
zeni
Rookie

you are total right... i mean acclamator is a 100% carrier, not a bit of stardestroyer^^

i hape the venatormodel can open its whole front and let the ships start (whole red strip is a door)

I NEED IT!

Old 01-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #29
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Excellent news indeed!

I'm merging this with the other thread.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #30
aggie_john
Rookie

Funny thing is that it is not on the offical web sites list of ships. Makes me wonder what other surprises are out their.
aggie_john is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Venator is in game! *Officially confirmed*