lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Demo between - 1/13/2006 and 1/20/2006
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Master_Cain
Rookie

Demo between - 1/13/2006 and 1/20/2006

Petroglyph FF Quote :

According to Dave S. the EAW Demo will be made available by the LEC PR Dep sometime between 1/13/2006 and 1/20/2006.

We did hoped that the LEC PR guys will prepare them self in advance for the Demo release ... but its seems that they still have to polish the event.

Do not confuse like other fans the EAW developers or the LEC developers (they did their job well) with the LEC PR guys. They are a different departament and the Demo was ready as predicted - its just a matter of PR now.

Quote:
[LEC] Rogue
Total Posts: 172

I don't recall LucasArts stating the demo will indeed be released in December. The General FAQ doesn't list a date either.

The information I always got was "we're working on one" and "it's coming soon". However today they told me that they are expecting to release it in mid to late January. I'd wager they'll give me a date between 1-13 and 1-20 when they tell me what it is. But that's just my rough guess.

Happy New Year!
[LEC] Rogue
So anyway we have to wait now .... relax guys ! RELAX

If they tell me that they are doing some extra testing in this time or fixing some WNFed (will not fix) bugs - then ... I will be more that happy to wait.

But if it is only a question that they are not up in the final gear and we just have to wait for them to put all the PR things in place :evil: ... then I'm quite upset and sad - they should have been ready in advance for this event - but ill wait anyway like the rest of us.

Last edited by Master_Cain; 01-03-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Master_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
Xtreme Muppet
Rookie

Thanks for the info Cain, I can tell you that you have given this man his life back. I no longer feel shackled by the need to check for the demo release every free minuet I have.

It's not adware or viruses, you should be woried about while surfin the web, it's Ninja popups, those things are CRAZY sneaky.
Xtreme Muppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

I think we all agree its a shame they couldnt get it out before break. But if delaying it makes it all that better than I say Delay it!

Okay everyone let's not turn this into an "Oh! I cant wait!" thread. Everyone here wants the demo, we know that. Post something with substance please. Thank you! Any type of this posts will be deleted, this is a warning for everyone.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

Oh! I can't wait!

Couldnt resist could ya? Yes people these are the kinda posts im talking about. And yes I know you were kiddding when you posted this. at least im hoping you were... lol

Edit:Yah I was

good find Master_Cain, definately some good news.

Last edited by Snafu7; 01-03-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
Lord Valenta
Rookie

I can get out of my chair finially.. my mouse is getting sore from hitting the refresh button. whew.

anyway, why do you think LEC didnt coodinate their work. lol i mean shouldnt the pr people be in on the status of the game. ie be working on ads etc and marketing stuff from the begining. it doesnt make sense. its been a whole year. and they lack common sense to coodinate departments. why doesnt that surprise me. hmph.
Lord Valenta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
jake123456
Rookie

I'm sick with their promises, first they say that the game is going to be released in early January, then they push it back to the 16th. After they said the demo will be somewhere in early january, and now it is mid or late january. I have one favor to ask them, don't promise anything, unless you can make it true.

oops, I meant first they said the gane was going to be released in early february, somethink like 7th.

Message from Popcorn2008 - Avoid double posting. If you have to correct something in your last post use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your last post. Thanks!
jake123456 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
Daddyboom
Rookie

the demo may never be out, it just better be worth the wait!
Daddyboom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #8
Lord_Nexus
Rookie

Well isn't that what usually happens to games? Usually releases before the game release are called Alphas or Betas. Anyway good find. Hopefully we'll get it mid January so we can get a month prep for the real thing.
Lord_Nexus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #9
Xsoy
Rookie

yeah well.. we could have told ourselves that we werent gonna see the demo any time this week, before they even release it they gotta give us a release date, and since that hasent even come yet, anything between 1 to 3 weeks i guess..

- xsoy

"are you going to kill me now" - "i would most certainly love to" - anakin
Xsoy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #10
killerluk
Rookie

kinda bad news specially since here demo date was : early januari ...

but then again better to know this now then to check each day for demo

i do hope we can also get a good description of what the demo holds for us as in playable units, space and ground combat? mp, galaxcypart also ?
killerluk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #11
revillsp
Rookie

In [LEC] Rogue Quote from Master_Chain states this

I'd wager they'll give me a date between 1-13 and 1-20 when they tell me what it is. But that's just my rough guess.

And from the sounds of things people seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick again (and not just on this forum)

Rogue states that he MIGHT be getting Infomation bettween thouse dates about when the demo MIGHT be released, not the fact that it is going to be release between them. So please read before you are dissaponted yet again.
revillsp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #12
Master_Cain
Rookie

Quote:
However today they told me that they are expecting to release it in mid to late January.
And if LEC Rogue assumes something - then its 99% correct.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #13
revillsp
Rookie

I'm not stateing that hes wrong or right.

It just that from they way ppl are talking that they are exspecting the demo to be release in between 1-13 and 1-20. Where to my mind he is just stating that hes might be getting info about it, nothing more.
revillsp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #14
Master_Cain
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by revillsp
I'm not stateing that hes wrong or right.

It just that from they way ppl are talking that they are exspecting the demo to be release in between 1-13 and 1-20. Where to my mind he is just stating that hes might be getting info about it, nothing more.
Since BT left - LEC Rogue has remained the EAW main producer - and he got the info from the LEC PR Departament most certantly.

So if he sais 1/20 as a possible time limit I will only give a max of 1-2 days abouve that in worst casses. Who else should know best if not the EAW main producer.

Anyway he is the first official to give dates.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #15
yodasoda2187
Rookie

Well i just hope this doesn't turn out like the Battlefront PC demo...

Come visit The Krayt Dragon:
http://www.geocities.com/rushyoda
http://kraytdragon.proboards6.com
yodasoda2187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #16
Darth_Extas

Good Info Thanks, Just hope it is good. As well I do hope that the projected Skirmish Map(s) have depth to them as well as I think there might be a little bit of the campaign, that information I still have not seen.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #17
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Please do not bash Cain just because he is the messanger. [LEC]Rouge is the EaW producer and in the rare event he releases information it is 99% correct. All posts that are either Bashing, Spamming, or mere Demo complaining will be deleted. Now you can still be mad and post complaints as long as they are of substance. You have to at least have two or more sentences as to why you are mad. Now please everyone stay on topic and stop bashing!

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #18
THrawn((9
Rookie

OK KillerLuk dont be such as A**e its not fair he maybe saying thats his best guess but that's better he's already said that its finished now! and that is the best hope and Rogue is one of our best sources inside LA and we don't have many!

A True stratergist doesnt need a DS to be successful. A True Thrawn should understand this. the Only Superweapon Thrawn needs is information!
THrawn((9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #19
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn2008
Please do not bash Cain just because he is the messanger. [LEC]Rouge is the EaW producer and in the rare event he releases information it is 99% correct. All posts that are either Bashing, Spamming, or mere Demo complaining will be deleted. Now you can still be mad and post complaints as long as they are of substance. You have to at least have two or more sentences as to why you are mad. Now please everyone stay on topic and stop bashing!
Okay im reposting this for emphasis. Some of you seem to not understand that bashing is not allowed on this forum, or spamming for that matter. I posted at the top of this topic a general warning than I reposted a warning. And yet some users believe they can still post spam/flames. Please everyone calm down it is just a demo! We should be happy they are even making one! Now please lets get back to buisness...

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 01-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #20
Jmaster3265
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn2008
Okay im reposting this for emphasis. Some of you seem to not understand that bashing is not allowed on this forum, or spamming for that matter. I posted at the top of this topic a general warning than I reposted a warning. And yet some users believe they can still post spam/flames. Please everyone calm down it is just a demo! We should be happy they are even making one! Now please lets get back to buisness...

I suggest that all demo threads should be closed. There has been many warnings, and people don't listen. I would suggest closing this or closing all demo topic sin general. Its starting to get out of hand.

Problem: Bashing,Anger about the demo
Solution: Delete/Closing any demo topics that way there won't be any problems leading to bashing,anger,etc.

Jmaster3265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #21
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

We can't punish everyone just because a few select users have decided not to listen to the rules. Although this may make things easier, it isnt fair to everyone who actually wants to discuss this in a constructive manner. But thanks for the suggestion anyways J.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
Old 01-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #22
killerluk
Rookie

- Moel

Last edited by Jeff; 01-04-2006 at 09:08 PM.
killerluk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #23
DarthMaulUK

Currently, all information about the demo is a 'rough guess'. Infact, I have spoken today with Lucasarts about the demo and its all about timing(as in its release). The news posted by Cain is just more information for everyone eager to get their hands on the demo. Theres always going to be rumours and that fuels everyones desire for more and without these postings, we may never get an approximate time for the demos release.

I do understand that English is not everyones native tongue, and expressing yourself when frustrated can't be easy but aiming these frustrations at an individual is something I wont allow, in any language! Everyone needs a deep breath and a cookiee

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #24
Fury161

it would kick total butt if it was released jan 26. nice 24th b-day present.
Fury161 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #25
Daddyboom
Rookie

yep the demo beter be worth it and not some timed bemo like battlefront 2
Daddyboom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #26
GhostlyYouki
Rookie

Pushign the date back just so we can get the full game. Trying to help us wait for the full game but thats what i'm starting to think. Well I know they didn't set an official date but there was so many rumors that Lucas shoulda put them out before saying it officially.

edit: About the demo ^

Last edited by GhostlyYouki; 01-05-2006 at 04:51 PM.
GhostlyYouki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 01:27 AM   #27
Stival Discipal
Rookie

Mmmm... large window of time, at well least I'll have enough time to get my new cpu built

" Execute... Order... 66..."

The 501st Legion of the Empire
Stival Discipal-Recruiter
Stival Discipal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 03:10 AM   #28
DarthMaulUK

At a guess, I would think that the demo would be released the final week of January. That simply gives a 2 week window before release and will keep fans on the edge waiting for the games release but in the meantime, have the demo to keep them happy.

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #29
quickymart
Rookie

and that would suck haha i would personally like to play for a little more than two weeks but whatever i've waited this long i can wait a little longer...but hurry please
quickymart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #30
bigbigewok
Rookie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK
At a guess, I would think that the demo would be released the final week of January. That simply gives a 2 week window before release and will keep fans on the edge waiting for the games release but in the meantime, have the demo to keep them happy.

DMUK

I think he is right on the money.
bigbigewok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #31
Admiral Sith

Quote:
Infact, I have spoken today with Lucasarts about the demo and its all about timing
Whenever you say something like that, i think of s*********w

Last edited by Jeff; 01-05-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #32
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
When is that word going on the filter list?

Don't use the S word, it is forbidden.

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
- May the pants be with you!

A smile is the shortest distance between people - Victor Borge!

Custom Avatar by Wraith 8
Jan Gaarni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #33
Fury161

what's the deal with s*********w? can someone gimme some background on that?

Last edited by Jeff; 01-05-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Fury161 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #34
Foshjedi2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury161
what's the deal with supershadow? can someone gimme some background on that?

He Say the Forbidden Word.

KILL MASTER KILL

He who must not be named is a fan person who makes up a load of bull and passes it off as lore.

My Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Any Websites, persons or places.
Check out my Gallery
[/color]
Foshjedi2004 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #35
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Sith
Quote:
Fixed.

Hopefully the demo won't be out any later than the end of this month. I'd hate to wait longer. But I guess it's a good job on LA's part, they make me want the game even more.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #36
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Sith
Quote:
ROFL

way to get the job done DMoeller.

Anyways, the demo will be out when it's done, just have some patience, it's only a demo...
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #37
shadowsfm

i thought the demo was for mas server stress testing. so longer we play, more bugs they find before they ship
shadowsfm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #38
Garbageben
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsfm
i thought the demo was for mas server stress testing. so longer we play, more bugs they find before they ship
I think they already have it beta tested and hope to give us a demo at the point where the game is almost bug-free. In a way that is good because the later the demo is, the more likely it is to represent how the actual game will play (less time for them to make changes). The demo is probably an afterthought and treat for us fans to tide us over the last few weeks as EaW goes gold and we die of anticipation.
Garbageben is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 01:02 AM   #39
Darth Diddler
Rookie

Angry

well i don't know about you guys ...but i'm getting sick of waiting....DD
Darth Diddler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #40
shadowsfm

you make it sound like thier still working on the demo, garbageben. i thought the had it done a month ago
shadowsfm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Demo between - 1/13/2006 and 1/20/2006