lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How?????
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2000, 01:55 PM   #1
Rigel

How?????

I am having grand trouble with XWingA. I have Phsykeds mission compiler(I know its not preferred), and I cant add my own missions. I modify the shiplist, save it in the Missions folder, etc. When I try to start it, it either kicks me back to windows, or gives me a "Fatal Eception Error". Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, when I add a Death Star to TG missions, it goes totally wild, shooting everything in sight, including me. How do I control this ~Sniff~ violence and destruction?? Thnks in advance

<BEG_BOLD>Rigel<END_BOLD>

------------------
You don't know fear untill it comes in the form of heavy weapons
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2000, 05:16 PM   #2
Sheldon

Don't know why your mission crashes. Does it have a briefing? If it does, did you name the mission in the correct format?

As for the DS firing, well, you didn't name it correctly.

Just as you do with backdrops, you name it in code.

Like in Battle 7 Mission 2. The DS is named 3.0 599.0 This tells the game to fire the DS laser within the first few seconds of mission start, and then again in about 20 minutes or so, which is well after the time limit of the mission itself, so you'd never see it again.

------------------
Official Staff-Lacky at <A HREF="http://xwlegacy.outpostd34.com"" TARGET=_blank>
XWing: Legacy</A>

"Man who stands on toilet, is high on pot"

[This message has been edited by Sheldon (edited May 23, 2000).]
Old 05-23-2000, 06:21 PM   #3
Zraii

I don't know how to fix your problem with adding mission nor do i know what's causing it. But I do recommend that you uses Troy Dangerfiled's Allied to add the missions you want. Allied modifies the lst's and stuff like that in an easy way.

Don't remember the address but search in www.evreka.com and type "Troy+dangerfield". I think you will see his page top.

/Zraii
Old 05-23-2000, 06:30 PM   #4
Zraii

On second thought here is the URL: http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/troyd/

/Zraii
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Editing Corner > How?????