lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Graphics Card
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
JetTrooper13
Rookie

Graphics Card

Okay I want to buy Battlefront one for PC, but my comp's graphics capabilities aren't sufficient. If I buy a better graphics card it should be fine, but I have a few questions.

1. The system requirements say it will run on 64 MB, but 128 with T&L and Pixel Shader are reccommended. Does anyone run the game on 64 MB without Pixel Shader, and if so does the game 'freeze up' or get 'jerky'?

2. Could someone reccommend the cheapest non-total-peice-of-crap graphics card for either 64 or 128 MB?

Jet Troopers kill all!!!!
JetTrooper13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
Jamps

I can answer question 1 for you.

I have 2 computers, one of them has a 64mb without the T&L and Pixel Shader and one is a 64mb with the T&L and Pixel Shader.

Without the T&L and Pixel Shader you will have many framerate problems, and several maps won't run. Grenade explosions and smoke from taking off will also freeze up your game. With it your game will run much smoother.

The T&L and Pixel Shader support really make a difference, but if you're going to buy a new card I suggest investing in a 128mb card, unless you are on a tight budget.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #3
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Yes, 128MB of graphic card memory.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Technical Help > Graphics Card