lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 700 mb WHY???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
Leron
Rookie

700 mb WHY???

Well, everyone dowloaded that demo and it's size was about 700 mb the question is why it's so large, what's is so big in that demo? and if it's a demo what's the size of original game? 2 DVDs?

there's allways something more...
Leron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Apocalypse|TFL
Rookie

My best guess is;

They needed to send out a demo and it was probably easier for them to just release the earlier build of the game and lock most of the content.
Apocalypse|TFL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
DarkLord1981
Rookie

I would laugh like crazy if they accidently released the full game as a demo. lol
DarkLord1981 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
Admiral Sith

i doubt any of us would be able to download that big a file, when the Demo is over 1.64 GB unexed and it only contains a portion of the Full Game

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
Apocalypse|TFL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord1981
I would laugh like crazy if they accidently released the full game as a demo. lol
That would have been awesome!

But yea, seeing as it's an earlier build, it wouldn't have been the full game anyway.
Apocalypse|TFL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #6
Leron
Rookie

Eah, but think of one thing: modder did add any models to the game, that means that most of the models alreapy packed inside the demo, then voices, sounds... I guess that developers didn' exactly knew what kind of stuff leave in demo and what to remove, cuz I've seen people, who repacked demo amd made it only 300 mb... they just repacked sound files from original format to OGG...

there's allways something more...
Leron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
Iamme
Rookie

They DID include %80-90 of the game excluding map files :P
Iamme is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Empire At War: Demo feedback > 700 mb WHY???