lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Funnyest Thing said in Kotor I&II [spoilers maybe] (56K Warning)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #161
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Well if you're going to go off, you may as well go all the way.

On topic, HK-47 does a spot on imitation of Carth.

"Mockery: Oh master, I cannot trust you! I cannot trust you, or anybody, ever again!"
Yes, but his Bastila imitation is much funnier:

HK-47: Mockery: ''Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!''

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #162
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Good LORD! I actually heard that when that Bastila fan site had it. I...think I'd like the same think old Bend...er, HK wants here.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #163
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Your Revan could stand to gain a few pounds, either that or has Elephantitis.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #164
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
@Everyone who got those Carth/Bastila imitations: Are they from KOTOR 1 or 2? I never got them, but I've never paid attention to HK in K2.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #165
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

K2, pretty much after you assemble him i believe.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #166
Nancy Allen``
Banned

The whole scene goes like this.

HK-47: Explanation: Oh yes master. My previous owner had quite the collection of tortured souls that travelled with him. Allow me to offer some specifics. Mockery: 'imitates Carth.' Mockery: 'imitates Bastila.' Just thinking about it even now makes me want to put a blaster to my head and pull the trigger.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #167
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Thank you both. +10 cool points each .

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #168
Darth SINner
Rookie

Carth to Mission: Don't snap at me missy! You wanna lecture? Hows this: only bratty little children fly off the handle because of a simple comment.
Darth SINner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #169
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
HK-50
Mocking Query: Coorta, Coorta are you dead yet?

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 04:40 AM   #170
igyman
Tension!

(When you blow up the trapped Mandalorian on Dxun)

HK-47: Statement: Master, I am proud to be your loyal droid!

Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #171
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2006, 02:06 AM   #172
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
"Elusive? Me elusive? Obviously you've never tried to grab a Twilek dancing girl after drinking too much Onderon willik juice"-Jolee Bindo

Old 02-23-2006, 02:08 AM   #173
StaffSaberist
DECEPTION IS FINISHED! :D

Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
When Jolee mentions Andor being thrown into the main core, I laughed because it was too familiar. Return of the Jedi, anyone?

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #174
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Yeah, big bad guy

How about this:

HK-47:...Very pretty can we go there again master?
The thought of HK describing anything pretty just made me laugh, especially Coruscant

Old 02-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #175
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Yeah, tall fellow. Big teeth.

Is it just me or does this guy get all the good lines?

Jolee: Whoa ho ho! Your manner is fearsome. Like the little Ollers I shoo from my garden, hissing at things they don't understand.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #176
zadi
Rookie

I decided to play the game differently then I typically do and came across something that I've never seen before. Typically my game play has been Telos > Dantooine > Dxun > Nar Shaddaa > Korriban > Onderon > Final parts of the game. This time I went Telos > Dxun > Nar Saddaa > Dantooine > Onderon > Korriban. In Dantooine I had Goto with me while in the sublevels of the academy and came across something completely hysterical.

Jorran: If you give me 1300 credits, you can have it all.... (continues his comments)
Goto: Amendment sixteen hundred ninety five dash three zero of the Khoonda civil code allows us to sell you into slavery.
Jorran: What? That is ridiculous!
Goto: Paragraph twelve: "salvageable items include organic matter incapable of leaving the boundries of the salvage area..."
Jorran: You wouldn't!
Exile: Of course we would.*
Goto: A male human such as you would fetch approximately 500 credits on the auction block in Nar Shaddaa.
Goto: Therefore, I suggest you offer your goods for 500 credits less than your initial figure.
Jorran: Hey, yeah. So, 800 credits for this valuable salvage?
... continues other dialogue.

*Other choice would result in a different response then what I posted.
zadi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #177
The Distorted
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadi
I decided to play the game differently then I typically do and came across something that I've never seen before. Typically my game play has been Telos > Dantooine > Dxun > Nar Shaddaa > Korriban > Onderon > Final parts of the game. This time I went Telos > Dxun > Nar Saddaa > Dantooine > Onderon > Korriban. In Dantooine I had Goto with me while in the sublevels of the academy and came across something completely hysterical.

Jorran: If you give me 1300 credits, you can have it all.... (continues his comments)
Goto: Amendment sixteen hundred ninety five dash three zero of the Khoonda civil code allows us to sell you into slavery.
Jorran: What? That is ridiculous!
Goto: Paragraph twelve: "salvageable items include organic matter incapable of leaving the boundries of the salvage area..."
Jorran: You wouldn't!
Exile: Of course we would.*
Goto: A male human such as you would fetch approximately 500 credits on the auction block in Nar Shaddaa.
Goto: Therefore, I suggest you offer your goods for 500 credits less than your initial figure.
Jorran: Hey, yeah. So, 800 credits for this valuable salvage?
... continues other dialogue.

*Other choice would result in a different response then what I posted.
Ah, that's classic. Go-to has so many hidden gems in that game that most people will miss out on (cos not enough people take him with their party).

Personally, the one scene that made me laugh the most is on the original KotOR when your talking to Bastila and she's lecturing you about the perils of the darkside again, and how she feels she has to guide you. One of the responses was like,
"Okay, blink once for good, twice for bad".

I found that hysterical at the time. I still do now with the context that it's coming from Revan - you can make him such a legend *again* through his wicked sense of humour.
Finding out that he made HK-47 permeanently refer to the "meatbag" term for humans (especially Malak) was awesome too. I love that he is so misanthropic - Kreia also mentions how he like(d/s) to surround himself with machines rather than humans, for example too.

"Someone's gotta get tough,
or someone else is gonna cry"
The Distorted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #178
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Revan's just more in tune with the machines. He probably has a knack for fixing things.
Oye, it's hard comming up with funny stuff because I think most of what makes me laugh has already been said. Oh well here is the turning point for me when I played it my first time around:

HK-47: Commentary: I say we blast the meatbag and save you the trouble master
Tanis:What's with all the droids lately? My wife get to you too?
HK-47:Negative. I just don't like organic meatbags, except for the master of course hehe

and the other:

HK-47: Commentary: Your former pupil is efficient and brutal even for an organic. I rather liked him when you first introduced me to him. Had I known what he would do to you I would have gladly ripped out his entrails right then.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:38 AM   #179
The Distorted
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
Revan's just more in tune with the machines. He probably has a knack for fixing things.
One of the reasons outlined is that he prefers machines to humans (around him) as he can manipulate them much easier, and are more reliable/predictable.
That's why he had HK-47 made, to carry out "behind-the-scenes" acts that greatly influenced the galaxy's future stability.
That's why he entrusts the safety of the Ebon Hawk (and the knowledge of his self-designated mission) to T3-M4. And this is even after the fact that he hasn't had a memory wipe for years.

He likes robots - and finds the referall to "organics" as "meatbags" incredibly amusing.

Call me weird, but I like that part of his personality - and more relevantly for this topic - his sense of humour, deriving from this kind of attitude/outlook.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #180
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

I couldn't agree more. I acutally liked the male response choices because you could tease Bastilla when you speak to her. She could get flustered because of it. I found it completely funny. I think the first time I played it through, I was busting a gut. Thanks for reminding me. It's in my head and I'm laughing.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #181
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

my favorites are Jolee saying "You know another way to get a wife?"
and the "fish" guy on Manaan.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #182
The Distorted
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
I couldn't agree more. I acutally liked the male response choices because you could tease Bastilla when you speak to her. She could get flustered because of it. I found it completely funny. I think the first time I played it through, I was busting a gut. Thanks for reminding me. It's in my head and I'm laughing.
Alright then, I've got another one for you (remember this):

"I hate you old man."

- Classic. Especially seeing as you can say it in like 4 different conversations.

edit: I've got another one for ya:

"I regret to inform you that I don't regret anything"
+ Canderous' response:
"Ha! Good one! Now that's the attitiude befitting of a warrior!"

Last edited by The Distorted; 03-02-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #183
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

I hate you old man? Nah I would go with the response that is like "You're just an old coot that is not used to company" Something like that.
I regret to inform you that I don't regret anything- Where does that pop up? I have a specific gameplay ingrained in my bulbous brain that I have trouble recalling it because I probably didn't get it or see it. It's funny but not the heehaw variety.

I remember this one:
Expletive: Dammit master! I'm an assassination droid, not a dictionary!
Actually anything HK did was funny.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #184
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
'Though I can't remember it exactly, Bastila and Mission's first convo is pretty damned funny.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #185
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Mission: Hey Bastila. You ever use the Force just for fun? You know, a little jolt of the Force to trip up some jerk who'se ticking you off?
Bastila: I would never use the Force for such petty and trivial revenge. The mere thought of it's preposterous.
Mission: Ah c'mon, there's gotta be times when you've thought about it. Don't be so stuck up, you can tell me.
Bastila: I am not stuck up. I merely have the years of training to give me the wisdom and understanding to see how childish such an act would be.
Mission: Childish? Is that a crack about my age? You ain't much older than me Miss High and Mighty. Just because you're a Jedi doesn't mean you can be a prissy little...
Bastila force trips Mission before she says something that you really cannot say in Star Wars.
Mission: What the? Hey, that wasn't funny!
Bastila: I have no idea what you're talking about Mission. Come now, we have to get going. Please, do try and be less clumsy in the future.

A shame it's never said in the game, but sometime when Bastila's talking about not going to the Dark Side, acting as though she is a paragon of the Order, she's talking out her ass. Her lectures are something she seems to forget when it suits her, such as saying to leave Tanis rather than help him.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #186
StaffSaberist

Quote:
A shame it's never said in the game, but sometime when Bastila's talking about not going to the Dark Side, acting as though she is a paragon of the Order, she's talking out her ass. Her lectures are something she seems to forget when it suits her, such as saying to leave Tanis rather than help him.
True, though even the highest of Jedi Masters has the Dark Side within him.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #187
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

The Jedi are arrogant in their teachings lately. Maybe Bastilla thought she was trying to teach a lesson. the key word being lesson. That's part of a Jedi's vocabulary.
Other funny things I found were cut content from TSL that had been restored partially like HK interrogating the HK-50 model. It was funny.

Another funny moment:
HK: Translation:... Shall I blast him now master?
This was from the Sandpeople Enclave. I thought it funny.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #188
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I think Juhani makes a better Jedi than Bastila. She is always advocating doing the right thing, and about the only time she does stray is when it's justified (such as Xor). Well more justified than leaving a cheating husband to die in the desert at any rate. On that...

"Now if you could...oh no. Not you. Just my luck. Look, I don't want any trouble, I just want some help." If Tanis remembers Revan putting him in his place.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #189
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Query: What is it you wished fat one?
That cracked me up because GOTO was sooo boring. It also helped that he was a big fat floating ball.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #190
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Revan: Are you coming onto me?

Juhani cracks it when you say that. Especially funny since later she does express romantic feelings towards female Revan.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #191
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
in the sand people enclave, when you have HK and fail to negotiate with the sanpeople, HK says: "warming blasters.... this should be fun master!". ah that was a good one.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #192
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Commentary: Your pupil asked me once what I thought of him and I informed him of his meatbag status. He was unimpressed but you found the reference humorous. You changed my programming so I would continue to use the term. It drove your pupil to extreme lengths of frustration-HK

Old 03-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #193
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Don't believe this has been posted yet.

"Mission, mission. Is that some kind of joke? Like I've only heard that one about a million times in my life."

Kid spits it at just about anything.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #194
StaffSaberist

When does she say that?

Old 03-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #195
Nancy Allen``
Banned

In one of the earlier conversations she talks about her and Zaalbar, then mentions her brother. Ger her to talk about him and...not sure if she will then or later. When she does one of the dialogue options that comes up near the end is "Let's get back to the mission, Mission." Of course she acts like a kid about it.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #196
narfblat
Forumite

I like when HK says the sand people wouldn't bother to kill Griff(mission's brother), then suggests that you do it.

I aslo like this:
player: You're pretty bloodthirsty for a droid, aren't you?
HK: Even a droid has to have a little fun now and then, master.

I support "No Child Left Standing"

I have Attention Surplus Disorder.
narfblat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #197
Maverick5770

In K1 I liked the dialouge with Mission:
Revan;smacking akid,those vulkars have no class
Mission;Hey, i'm no kid, i'm 14 years old.
I laughed for hours
In K2
Exile;HK, do you know what love is
HK 47;I would define love as blowing a sentients leg off at half a kilometer
Exile;I doubt any sentient would agree with your definition.
Sorry if these aren't exact terms.

I Am Canadian

Go Canucks Go

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ
Maverick5770 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2006, 05:07 AM   #198
igyman
Tension!

Nope, it's not an exact quote, but I'm with you - that definition was one of the funniest things I heard in TSL.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:11 AM   #199
PazaakPrincess

Current Game: Fable 2, Oblivion
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think the first time i really laughed (besides watching Carth blow his membrane in frustration with me) was when Mission says to Zalbaar she's going to get him a toothbrush and he replies something like, "what other indignities will you make me suffer, a comb?"

The wookie howl, and refusal to discuss anything with you was really annoying but that cracked me up.

Oh yeah also when she threatens to give him a bath and dress him up.

Also when Jolee and Bastilla are having their conversation about him re-joining the jedi order and basically he doesn't want to at the end he says something like

"Just think of me as any of the rest of the non-jedi in our group...with a uh lightsaber...and um force powers"

I wish he could make a sheepish grin

Oh yeah if you get to make that Mandalorian joke on korriban to Lashowe and her goons, that cracked me up especially if you have Canderous with you.

PazaakPrincess, please try not to Double Post, that is having multiple posts in a row, if you have the last post in a thread and wish to add new content please use the 'edit this' post feature. Thanks. -RH

Call me Paz, PP sounds like you're p!$&ing on my head

My Kotor Fan Fiction

Last edited by RedHawke; 03-09-2006 at 10:35 PM.
PazaakPrincess is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #200
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Exile: Actually, it was - the crystal was redder than a laigrek's eye.
Atton: Great. Maybe you and that Sith Lord can have a party after we're dead.

Lieutenant Grenn: Again, l'll clear any visitors. There wont't be another "incident."
Atton: But just to be on the safe side, why don't you leave us a blaster or two?
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Funnyest Thing said in Kotor I&II [spoilers maybe] (56K Warning)