lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Palps slaying of the JEDI was poor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #41
Justus

It was just a way to quickly get the duel between Mace and Sidious, I don't think Lucas wanted to pro-long things with 4 Jedi. It could've been handled better, maybe having Sidious a bit faster on the attack - feels like it is in slow motion at times.

Someone pointed out either on these forums, or theforce.net forums that Lucas likes to have one on one duels. Notice how Obi and Qui-Gon are quickly seperated in TPM, Dooku and Obi-Wan, then Dooku and Anakin in AotC, the duel at the beginning of RotS when they are trying to rescue the Chancellor, Grevious quickly looses two of his hands. I think Lucas likes to get it straight to the point without too much confusion for the viewers.

Another thing that may have contributed to Sidious' attack was the fact that they were in cramped quarters, not a whole lot of room to maneuver. I am also not sure if they realized just how powerful Sidious was.

Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #42
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
^^^^
thats the main reason they got pwned. OVERCONFIDENCE!!
i mean, if palpy was such a problem, the whole of the available council should have gone. Windu must have been like: "Oh that guy? He's an old, old man. I can kick his a** any day." and then he goes and takes a free flight to the concrete. i mean, they keep preaching: "no pride, no pride" but they eventually try to show off, like the guy in AOTC who jumped onto the ledge where dooku was standing above the execution pit. he got whacked by a blaster!!! the ACTUAL jedi are yoda, the knights, the padawans and younglings. the kid who survived order 66 thwacked about 5 troopers before ALL of them ganged up on him. THAT is how a jedi should be. not the sappy old rheumatistic masters.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #43
arkodeon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC 1162
^^^^
thats the main reason they got pwned. OVERCONFIDENCE!!
i mean, if palpy was such a problem, the whole of the available council should have gone. Windu must have been like: "Oh that guy? He's an old, old man. I can kick his a** any day." and then he goes and takes a free flight to the concrete. i mean, they keep preaching: "no pride, no pride" but they eventually try to show off, like the guy in AOTC who jumped onto the ledge where dooku was standing above the execution pit. he got whacked by a blaster!!! the ACTUAL jedi are yoda, the knights, the padawans and younglings. the kid who survived order 66 thwacked about 5 troopers before ALL of them ganged up on him. THAT is how a jedi should be. not the sappy old rheumatistic masters.
Sappy old Rheumatistic masters?

Right, so Mace Windu couldn't fight well and was suffering from muscle pains?

Mhmm.

And which "ACTUAL" Knights are you refering to? Are we forgetting Master Quinlan Vos, General Secura, Obi-Wan, K'Kruhk, Shaak Ti, etc. etc?

And perhaps you did not read any novelisations, or comics, or watched, even, the Clone Wars? Perhaps then you would see that the supposed "Rheumatic" Masters are not so "Rheumatic" after all.

That Jedi who went to kill Dooku wasn't showing off. He was trying to kill a Sith. He was shot because he was overpowered by Jango Fett. It is said that he is more a Peacekeeper than a Fighter.

Talk about your show-off.

And if you would please tell me what "Avaliable" council members were there but Mace Windu and Kit Fisto inside the Gunship hangars? It was imperative that they stop the Rise of the Sith then and there; who knows how long it could have been before the rest of the remaining council could be gathered. And while I frown upon Mace's decision to have Anakin stay at the Temple (if he had went with Mace instead of on his own, Anakin would probably have seen the Jedi to be the better people,) Mace made the right choice. I mean, it's kind of hard to expect that four Jedi Masters cannot take one Sith Lord.

Originally, Anakin had been written to go with them, so www.thelightsaber.com says. Anakin was supposed to betray two of the Jedi Masters, which is why they die suddenly. I guess George had no way to effectively portray this if Anakin wasn't there.

But who knows if that is true.

Anyways, bottom line:

Jedi > Sappy Rheumatistic People.
arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #44
Justus

Perhaps Mace should have waited for Yoda before confronting Palpatine. Although, Mace seems to think there isn't much time left - "We must act quickly if the Jedi order is to survive." Although Mace's confronting Sidious is exactly what sets the death of the Jedi into motion. Plus, Yoda (and alot of Jedi) were involved in campaigns throughout the galaxy, their forces were thinned out considerably - not exactly a coincidence either. It left the Jedi Temple wide open for an attack. Palpatine played his cards rather well.

Anakin only saw the very end of the duel, where Palpatine is being cornered by Mace, although it is interesting that Anakin seems to have forgotten about the 3 other Jedi that accompanied Mace... guess he figured they went to Dex's Diner or something.

Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #45
arkodeon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus
Perhaps Mace should have waited for Yoda before confronting Palpatine. Although, Mace seems to think there isn't much time left - "We must act quickly if the Jedi order is to survive." Although Mace's confronting Sidious is exactly what sets the death of the Jedi into motion. Plus, Yoda (and alot of Jedi) were involved in campaigns throughout the galaxy, their forces were thinned out considerably - not exactly a coincidence either. It left the Jedi Temple wide open for an attack. Palpatine played his cards rather well.

Anakin only saw the very end of the duel, where Palpatine is being cornered by Mace, although it is interesting that Anakin seems to have forgotten about the 3 other Jedi that accompanied Mace... guess he figured they went to Dex's Diner or something.
I agree. Interestingly enough, on that website MilleniumFalcon, there seems to be a paragraph about this. Although I don't know where they got this information from, it seems that there was a debate amongst the remaining Jedi [EDIT: not Jeid XD] Councillors in some novel, or first draft, or something. They debated waiting for Yoda, but with the Battle of Kashyyyk, they did not know when he would return. Also, it seems that Anakin was set to go with them from the beginning, but it got rewritten.

Proof of Anakin going with them in the beginning? In the movies, the Chancellor is fighting with Anakin's lightsaber. It's true. ;D GO SEE. NOW. XD

(And, perhaps Millenium Falcon was wrong. I don't know, but I think it's an excellent idea to include a debate between the Jedi Masters.)

And about the dead Jedi; Anakin saw them, in the novellisation, and was worried. But when he saw Mace pinning down the Chancellor, he was like...

"OMG HE KILLZ B/C THEY AZZAZZINATE HEEM. LOLOLOLZ I PROTECT CHANCELLORZ. I DARTH VADERZ NOW, KTHXBYE."

Yeah, I don't like Anakin. They should have left him on that backwater planet. ):

Last edited by arkodeon; 02-08-2006 at 03:51 PM.
arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2006, 03:30 AM   #46
zalcron
Rookie

No doubt Papls actually planned it so that Yoda would not be on Corscant when the war ended following Grevious kicking the bucket, he seemed to forsee everything else, (within reason)

Last edited by zalcron; 02-09-2006 at 06:55 AM.
zalcron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2006, 06:13 AM   #47
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
@arkodeon, i was making an expression, i didnt mean it literally

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Palps slaying of the JEDI was poor