lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Changing vaklu
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
Dark_Ansem

Changing vaklu

is there a way to:
-give General Vaklu a red lightsaber
-make him look like count Dooku, only him, not even his officers?
Dark_Ansem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 05:35 AM   #2
Deakon_Vyn
Rookie

Cool idea, maybe add some DS force powers too!
Deakon_Vyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
Dark_Ansem

well I tought that he do is good for that part... and also a mod to the dialog that allows you to finish him instead of just watching him executed
Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
I already made Dooku head, as selectable pc

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18413.html

Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
Dark_Ansem

and how can you give Vaklu that appearance and powers and lightsaber? (BTW your sig is really cool)
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
is there a way to:
-give General Vaklu a red lightsaber
-make him look like count Dooku, only him, not even his officers?
But where would he have gotten his Dark Side training? Also, you never fight Vaklu.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
Krayzie
Rookie

Quote:
and how can you give Vaklu that appearance and powers and lightsaber? (BTW your sig is really cool)
Well maybe someone can reskin cjt0202's Carth Admiral Uniform and make it like a DS Admiral Uniform and something that matches grey hair & make it Vaklu's Armor.

(And when you kill Vaklu that you get his personal uniform + saber from Queen Talia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShemL
But where would he have gotten his Dark Side training? Also, you never fight Vaklu.
Well we just have to make-up a story...Where he got his personal uniform, where he got his DS training, and his lightsaber training. Hopefully somebody get a good story idea.

But really good idea, i hath something like this in my mind as well. But i like to play as Dooku. here look i even made a thread a while ago, but no interested skinners.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159348

Well good idea!

''Jesus loves me, But i just wanna be Friends.''
Krayzie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Dark_Ansem

well Vaklu is allied with Nihilus right? after visas betrayed him, couldn't he have taken another apprentice, vaklu, and ordered him to conquer Onderon and discrediting Talia? Maybe Nihilus could have done it because if the DS prolifered on Onderon it would be another planet to "eat" like katarr
Old 01-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #9
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie
Well we just have to make-up a story...Where he got his personal uniform

I never saw it as personal since Tobin wears an exact duplicate.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
Dark_Ansem

So? Is there a way to have this changes? Can I help?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:

3 seconds messing around appearance.2da and you have either vaklu with new uniform or every onderon soldier and officer wearing brown-style uniforms.

Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
Dark_Ansem

I was talking about my mod idea...
Old 01-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #13
Shem
Master of the Force

Another thing to consider is that Vaklu can be executed by a firing squad. In that case, having some sort of Jedi training, you would think he could get out of that. A quick Force Wave and run. You would have to change that scene to fit the change.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #14
Dark_Ansem

that was what I told, add the option of killing him by yourself
Old 01-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #15
Krayzie
Rookie

Quote:
Another thing to consider is that Vaklu can be executed by a firing squad. In that case, having some sort of Jedi training, you would think he could get out of that. A quick Force Wave and run. You would have to change that scene to fit the change.

spoiler:
EPISODE 3 SPOILERS

Have you seen Episode 3?? When Ki-Andi-Mundi realised that the Clone Troopers turned on him, Did he do a quick Force Wave and escaped? They maybe have the Force, but they are not immortal.

Quote:

Well i was talking about if somebody made an actual reskin of the Admiral Uniform into a DS version that ´Vaklu´ then wears if he is Dooku.

About the Vaklu thing, Does anybody else think that the Admiral uniform is a good uniform for Dooku, Yea ofcource with a nice dark reskin, It would be a perfect match for him.

Because i can´t really picture Dooku in a Dark Jedi Master Robe and be an Admiral.

Last edited by Krayzie; 01-27-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #16
Dark_Ansem

well that can be arranged is it? the problem is to give vaklu-dooku his new abilities.. hmm I shall think for the story of his DarkSide Powers later...
Old 01-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Have you seen Episode 3??
Let's see. I'm on a Star Wars board about a Star Wars game because I really love Star Wars. You figure out the rest.

Quote:
When Ki-Andi-Mundi realised that the Clone Troopers turned on him, Did he do a quick Force Wave and escaped? They maybe have the Force, but they are not immortal
KOTOR abilities are different than the movies. Different powers, moves, etc. And the Dark Side is more aggressive.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:00 AM   #18
Dark_Ansem

but force push is in the movie, obi-wan used it on grievous,. and I don't think that Mundi was less skilled than Obi-wan... also, for the aggressive DS nature, instead of simply repelling them, Vaklu-dooku may enter in a rage for having been discovered and slaughter everyone
Old 01-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #19
Deakon_Vyn
Rookie

What about the 'Kreia's fall cutscene' she says "there are techniques with in the force to were there is no defense." She couldn't even call upon the force to retrieve her own lightsaber. That same idea could work for the Vaklu death scene. maybe just add some sort of neutral option.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:23 AM   #20
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
but force push is in the movie, obi-wan used it on grievous,. and I don't think that Mundi was less skilled than Obi-wan... also, for the aggressive DS nature, instead of simply repelling them, Vaklu-dooku may enter in a rage for having been discovered and slaughter everyone
Obi-Wan is more powerful that Mundi in ROTS. Anyway, comparing the movies with KOTOR is like comparing apples and oranges. The kind of powers being used in the game is totally original. Like Kavar stunning all of Vaklu's troops in the cantina and getting away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakon_Vyn
What about the 'Kreia's fall cutscene' she says "there are techniques with in the force to were there is no defense." She couldn't even call upon the force to retrieve her own lightsaber. That same idea could work for the Vaklu death scene. maybe just add some sort of neutral option.
That was Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus doing that. I don't see Queen Talia doing that.

Of course if you remember, Vaklu is not familiar with Jedi and Sith ways.

Last edited by JediShemL; 01-28-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #21
Deakon_Vyn
Rookie

what about when the PC first walks in and can use Battle Meditation? Could that be used in effect with a defence against Vaklu with force powers. Also could you use force stasis to debilitated Vaklu, then proceed to kill him?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #22
Shem
Master of the Force

You may want to read my updated post about Vaklu not being familar with the Jedi/Sith ways. If he's trained in that arean, he would be.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #23
Deakon_Vyn
Rookie

Good point! Forgot about that.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #24
Krayzie
Rookie

Quote:
There are some many Tools these days, isn't there a way to edit that conversation with Vaklu?? That he knows you are a DS, And know the ways of the force. And edit the answers you give him. Is that possible?

Last edited by Krayzie; 01-28-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #25
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
There are some many Tools these days, isn't there a way to edit that conversation with Vaklu?? That he knows you are a DS, And know the ways of the force. And edit the answers you give him. Is that possible?
You could edit it, but it would be finding new dialogue that would fit there. It would make a better mod if there is audio to go with the edited dialogue.

Old 01-29-2006, 04:36 AM   #26
Dark_Ansem

well he could lie if this mod was done is it? after all who wants a tyrannical sith ruler if he can avoid telling it? I can't remember Darth Malak loved by people...

Apart from this, JediShemL and the others who have something to object to this mod, please post all your objections and I'll answer to them the best way I can. If I succed, the works will probably start...

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 01-29-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #27
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
well he could lie if this mod was done is it? after all who wants a tyrannical sith ruler if he can avoid telling it? I can't remember Darth Malak loved by people...

Apart from this, JediShemL and the others who have something to object to this mod
Well, the thing is, I see issues that will get in the way based on Vaklu's personality. Vaklu is more of a person who is there than anything. It's not a simple change. It's a complex one if you want to make it work. Especially audio files. People want to hear the voices and the audio recorded for Vaklu is not a Jedi/Sith type personality.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #28
Krayzie
Rookie

Quote:
It's a complex one if you want to make it work.
Can't we make the PC Dooku then? I know we already have several heads out there, But we are missing his Uniform, Saber & Head we already have so, We are only missing his Uniform.

Isn't that an option??? Just an suggestion.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:18 PM   #29
Lando Griffin

sciamanos made the count dooku uniform , but never released it.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/72752.html

Oblivion, Dark Brother Hood Quest

Lando Griffin: "Rumors"
Lucien Lachance: "Brother, theres no time for rumors, im going to die!"

Dont f*** with Picard!!!!!!
Lando Griffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 11:57 PM   #30
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Dooku's saber is in the USM...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #31
Nodakrattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando Griffin
sciamanos made the count dooku uniform , but never released it.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/72752.html
The uniform texture seen in the screen is included in the zip, but as is it is set up to replace the Onderon officer uniform.

Through this world we fight for good or for evil it does not matter. In the end all that really matters is that we choose and go forth.
Nodakrattler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #32
Master Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
You may want to read my updated post about Vaklu not being familar with the Jedi/Sith ways. If he's trained in that arean, he would be.
Okay...based on what has been said before, I have devised a backstory for a "Sith" Vaklu.

Onderon is a world steeped in the dark side and Sith legacy. The currect royal line is also directly descended from Freedon Nadd. The Force might not flow through Talia's veins, but who's to say with certainty that there is no hint of it within Vaklu's? JediShemL, when he say, "My mistake, I'm not familiar with your... ways." he could have easily been speaking of the Jedi teachings. He did call you Master Jedi afterall. And the whole deal about the Sith vaklu being killed by a firing squad... I is not uncommon for a Force user to be taken down by blaster fire. It is possible for a Jedi/Sith to be overwhelmed. Also, at this point, Vaklu has been dealt a serious blow by the Queen. He is injured and his health is drastically deminished. I think it's safe to say that he might not have the stamina needed to darw too heavily on the Force to take out multiple targets. Also, if anyone is going for the "technique with the Force against which there is no defense", we do have Master Kavar within the vacinity. And if I'm not mistaken, the Jedi Masters of the Council do have the knowledge and ability to sever one from the Force. They told you on multilpe accounts that this is true, but that they did not use it on you. Wouldn't it be feasible that he could use it on Vaklu. With all this being said, here's the story I came up with.

Vaklu has the ability to use the Force. However, like those in your party, he was not aware of this until much later in life. Like the Queen, he too received sword training throughout his life. Shortly after Visas left the service of Nihilus, the Dark Lord set his sights on Onderon. Shortly after arriving, he sense that Vaklu had Force abilities and persuaded him to become his new apprentice; promising Vaklu powers beyond his imagination, and a new "vision" for Onderon. Needless to say, Nihilus had a completely other vision for Onderon than what he led Vaklu to believe. Vaklu to Nihilus was, in a sense, what Dooku was to Palpatine... a pawn. As the new apprentice to Darth Nihilus, Vaklu was exposed to many ancient Sith teachings. But since his tenure as a Sith apprentice was so short, he never fully achieved any real measure of his mass potential. The only thing he truly excelled at was lightsaber combat; though with the benefit of sofisticated sword training since early-life, this came very easily to him.

Even with as little Force abilities he unearthed while under Nihilus's short tutelage, they still proved an extremely valuable assest when combined with his life-long military genius. This was especially true when he, along with Nihilus's army of Sith, began the Civil War on Onderon. He succeeded in breaching the Royal Palace, which ended in a heated battled with the Queen herself. However, she was also well trained in sword play. Eventually her calm demeanor - with the aid of the Jedi Exile - against his raging emotions gave her the upper hand, and she dealt him a mortal wound. Before the Queen sentenced him, Vaklu's minimal knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force gave him no defense when Jedi Master Kavar stripped him of his ties to the Force. Though this judgment was only passed on those when it was desperately needed, Kavar felt that it had to be done. He figured that has he not, then Vaklu - who had already tasted the Dark Side - would eventually grow even stronger and bring more pain and suffering to Onderon. That was something he could not allow.

How is that? Or did I miss something. Any suggestiones are greatly appreciated and wanted.

Master Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 06:28 AM   #33
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Dakari
OkayJediShemL, when he say, "My mistake, I'm not familiar with your... ways." he could have easily been speaking of the Jedi teachings. He did call you Master Jedi afterall.
If Vaklu is trained in the Force, he's going to be familiar with the Jedi ways. If you receive Force training in any way, and are not familiar with the ways of the Jedi, he's a big idiot and that would destroy his character.

Vaklu would have known that the Exile is not a Jedi. It's not the way of the Jedi to do something that is really, really wrong. You can try to make it into something else in your mind, but that will always be there unless it is changed.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #34
Dark_Ansem

well he will not be familiar with the jedi ways if he had been trained by a sith! palpatine was not familiar with jedi powers and abilities, and if he was it was because he was the Chancellor, and was always in contact with the jedi. Vaklu calls you master Jedi even if you're a Sith lord, because he has never seen a jedi in his life. Great job Master Dakari!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #35
Krayzie
Rookie

Quote:
been trained by a Sith! palpatine was not familiar with Jedi powers and abilities,
Say what? Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Palpatine say something like: If you wanna learn the force, one must study both sides or something like that?

And didn't Palpatine say something like this in the movie:

...from a Jedi's point of view. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power. The difference between the two is the Sith are not afraid of the dark side of the Force. That is why they are more powerful.

He knows what he's talking about, Because of Sidious former master Darth Plagueis. Who taught him both sides.

I'm not sure if I'm right, So don't diss me with your Super Star Wars Knowledge.

And Dark_Ansem if you meant something else, ignore this post!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #36
Shem
Master of the Force

The Sith's enemy is the Jedi. Anybody who is trained in the ways of the Sith are going to know who Jedi are and what they stand for. That goes for the Jedi as well as they would be educated in what the Sith are and what they stand for.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #37
Master Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
palpatine was not familiar with jedi powers and abilities, and if he was it was because he was the Chancellor, and was always in contact with the jedi. Vaklu calls you master Jedi even if you're a Sith lord, because he has never seen a jedi in his life. Great job Master Dakari!
No problem.

Palpatine only knew of Jedi lore and knowledge because it was the way of these new Sith (after Bane). Even Yoda, during his fight with Palpatine, came to realization that these new Sith had changed. That they would not be taken down by lightsaber or knowledge of the Force. Why? Because they had changed themselves over time, devoting themselves not only to Sith teachings, but also Jedi teachings. But remember that this is not the case for the pre-Ruusan Sith; and our KotOR games take place a good many hundreds of years before that event.

Also, the Jedi knowledge Palpatine was privy to was very limited. He did not even know of the existence of a Form VII of lightsaber combat until Mace and Yoda granted him this awareness during the Clone Wars. Therefore, not only had he not known of Vaapad's creation, but he had known nothing of Juyo altogether. Also, he might have been a master of Form IV, Ataru, but his was only an arcane Sith variant of the Jedi style used by Yoda and many others.

JediShemL, you are incorrect to assume that if you know Force then you know the Jedi teachings. There was the Force before there was ever any Jedi. There are also many, many, many Force sensitive species and races all around the galaxy. These sentients use the Force, and have even developed their own systems of code and combat which centers around the Force. But they are not Jedi, and neither are their teachings or tecniques. As a matter of fact, they could probably teach the Jedi and Sith a thing or two.

So, again I say "No". Just because one is a Sith does not mean they know anything of Jedi teachings; or vice versa.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #38
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
JediShemL, you are incorrect to assume that if you know Force then you know the Jedi teachings.
I very smart Force user would know their enemy what they are about so you can learn their weaknesses.

Quote:
There was the Force before there was ever any Jedi.
But this isn't one of those times. This isn't a time before the there wasn't any Jedi or Sith.

The point is the majority of the people who would play this mod would believe it to be a contradiction. That's all I'm saying. You can convince yourself all you want that it isn't, but that's not going to change others point of view.

Vaklu is about getting Onderon to leave the Republic and be in control of the planet. The Sith came to him as an offer to help, not knowing what the Sith's true intention is. This is another contradiction to Valku's personality if he's trained to use the Force as a Dark Jedi.

Again, I'm not saying not to do the mod, I'm just telling you that there will be others out there that will find this a contradiction to Vaklu's personality and not want the mod because of it. That's all. So no matter how much you try to make me wrong because of what you want to believe, it won't change the fact of what others out will believe.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #39
Master Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
I very smart Force user would know their enemy what they are about so you can learn their weaknesses.
Noone ever said the Sith were all too bright.

Quote:
Quote:
There was the Force before there was ever any Jedi.
But this isn't one of those times. This isn't a time before the there wasn't any Jedi or Sith.
You are taking what said out of cotext. What I meant is that the Force is there whether there are Jedi or not. Jedi use the Force, they are not the Force. Someone can be awakened to the Force, use it, and learn much about it, even if they are far in the outer reaches of the galaxy, and having never heard of the Jedi Order or learned any of their teachings. The Jedi, like Sith(Order), the Krath, the Dathomir Witches, the Jal Shey, the Matukai, the Miralukai, the Ithorians, and the Sith(species) all use the Force. Being a part of one of these groups does not make you anymore knowledgable of any other's teachings. The Jedi are only one group in a vast galaxy of Force users. They simply have the advantage of being one of the more prominent ones... plus the lightsaber (which the Sith mocked).

I don't know any other way I can say it any clearer other than what I have already said.

Quote:
The point is the majority of the people who would play this mod would believe it to be a contradiction. That's all I'm saying.
And this matters why?
Forgive me, but anyone who will find this mods contradictory in any way will have no intentions of downloading - and playing - it in the first place. So there, problem solved really.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #40
Dark_Ansem

that's right, whe we start?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Changing vaklu