lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who Wing Commander fans out there will like to see a live action tv series ?
You bet your life I do 1 16.67%
I don't think so 4 66.67%
I will think about it 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Wing Commander TV series who will like this to happen ?
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Windu Chi
Banned

Question Wing Commander TV series who will like this to happen ?

I was wondering if there are any Wing Commander fans on theses forums, because I am one of them. That being Star Wars is my first choice though. If there are some Wing Commander fans on these forums, I was wondering do yall want to see
a live action television series that has been long over due. I ask this because I know the short 1hr 40min movie ( in 1999) was a failure. With that being the case I believe (I want to believe) that a series will make Wing Commander popular as it use to be back in the mid 90's.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 01-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

No.
Theres no sign of one happening so I don't even know why you would bring it up. Wing Commander was a terrible game, and it made an even more terrible movie.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may:
Old 01-26-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I was wondering if there are any Wing Commander fans on theses forums, because I am one of them. That being Star Wars is my first choice though. If there are some Wing Commander fans on these forums, I was wondering do yall want to see
a live action television series that has been long over due. I ask this because I know the short 1hr 40min movie ( in 1999) was a failure. With that being the case I believe (I want to believe) that a series will make Wing Commander popular as it use to be back in the mid 90's.
If anything the movie being such a complete failure will put them off even considering a tv series plus the games are pretty old now so there isnt even people to really market it too

Darth_Terros is offline   you may:
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
The games were ho-hum, the movie was shyte. Who wants a freakin series ?

definitely a NO vote for me

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Windu Chi
Banned

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
No.
Theres no sign of one happening so I don't even know why you would bring it up. Wing Commander was a terrible game, and it made an even more terrible movie.
No body ask you for your useless comments, I only ask for Wing Commander fans to respond. Not for people who hated Wing Commander.

P.S. The game wasn't terrible it was the best space simulator game with a good story that have been made and nothing have came close since then.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 01-31-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I am not the only person who posted a negative comment so don't just quote me. It seems that you are currently the only real wing commander fan on this board.
Your poll asked for people who did or didn't want a TV series and thus you will get people with both opinions posting.
I would have hoped that when you did return to this board you would have decided to stop using colour and learnt better english but sadly you're exactly the same.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may:
Old 02-01-2006, 04:12 AM   #7
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
windu 6, there's no need to make the type of comments you did. You asked for opinions, you got them.

WC was hardly the best simulator of its era....obviously you didnt get around to playing Xwing, Tie Fighter, XvT or X-Wing Alliance.... !!

the poll results are clear. I dont think theres much more left to be said or done...

closaged

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 02-01-2006 at 04:45 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > The Cantina > Wing Commander TV series who will like this to happen ?