lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #41
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

I never touched the AI file, Bryan't already boosted it to the level people complained it was too hard.

The small universe is responsible for the endless Fleet Commanders. I don't know why, but it only happens there in my latest tests. Also the Empire AI seems to just go into a super build up phase for an attack it will NEVER run. The version of the large universe that works are ones where the Empire AI starts with a few planets, which seems to get them going.

I will make the Ion/Hypervel buildable again. I disabled it for AI reasons, but I no longer need to do that. However if you want the AI to build them, I need to remove the Power Generator requirement, since the AI won't build build them(and that's the one thing that has remained untouched).
Grey_Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #42
Three60
Rookie

Okay, just played again with the patch for difficulty, and I have to say it was harder. They killed all my capital ships. And fighters, and most everything else. I won, but it killed tons.
But still, why don't they expand off of Coruscant? I played a mod where they tried to attack me, could you see if that's possible? That' smy only problem. I took the entire galaxy with an X-Wing and 1 Trooper. They never did anything.
Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #43
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

New Release Coming soon. It will be a Major one functionality wise. I've Tricked the AI into making Power Generators, and therefore they build shields, Ions, etc.. logically! I think this next one will be the best. However, it will only be the Full Universe, and each side starts out with several planets. Also, a Level 1 Space Station will be able to build all Space Ships, for AI reasons.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #44
Goldenshadow
Rookie

Does the agressive AI patch make them harder in the tactical battles, or on the galactic map? Because I was wanting the galactic AI to be tougher too.

If that AI aggresiveness patch from a few posts up works ( I haven't tried it yet) Can incorporate that too.

BTW, why isn't Kuat in the full universe.

And I think I've built shield generators on planets before without making a power generator. There was a power generator on the tactical land map, but not on the galactic map
Goldenshadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #45
IC_zewi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenshadow
Does the agressive AI patch make them harder in the tactical battles, or on the galactic map? Because I was wanting the galactic AI to be tougher too.

If that AI aggresiveness patch from a few posts up works ( I haven't tried it yet) Can incorporate that too.

BTW, why isn't Kuat in the full universe.

And I think I've built shield generators on planets before without making a power generator. There was a power generator on the tactical land map, but not on the galactic map
try it out like i said i only tested it for about 15min...i no Three60 tested through the hole game.. test it out let me no if i need to fix a few things i need feed back to no what needs to be changed or what does not for the AI!!

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change..Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference.."
IC_zewi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 10:56 PM   #46
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Bryant's 2.0 removed Kuat. Not sure why, but I already put it back in the list.

I don't know if IC_zweki's AI tweak does antyhing for the small universe, but it really doesn't matter. Since there is no stopping the endless Fleet Commander bug, seriously something very odd is going on there.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #47
Iamme
Rookie

Ghost, do you have a AI folder in you XML override folder?
If so, try deleting it.

PS: How'd you trick the AI into building generators?
Iamme is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #48
IC_zewi
Rookie

Thanku to Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's for this great MOD..

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change..Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference.."

Last edited by IC_zewi; 01-29-2006 at 11:32 AM.
IC_zewi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 06:24 AM   #49
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Yes I have an AI folder, but not when the bugs started. New nersion requires certain AI files/lua scripts that must be used for the AI to work well.

Making them cost 10,000creds is a fix? Punishes the player

New update about to go up!
DO NOT USE ANY OF THESE PATCHWORK FIXES WITH NEW VERSION!
Certain key names have changed and will they WILL NOT be compatible, or needed anymore.

Post in the new thread once it is up please.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #50
KhaosNite
Rookie

Seeing as how your other NEW thread was closed, Id consider changing this to match what you posted before.

By the way, I was playing the Empire Full Tech with 2.5 and the rebels were atacking me in many directions ON EASY. Although with a bit of editing I made my ISD's spawn about 10 tie fighters and 5 bomber squadrons which was really laggy. maybe make the Easy AI not so hard ina 2.5.1 or something. Think 1 ISD/system is enough don't yah think? since the AI is so tough

KhaosNite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #51
Vermel
Lurker

Is there only two speeds for gameplay? Or could I slow down the galactic time a bit more. The rebels spread very quickly while I'm simply putting a fleet together. The mod is great. Also if you play tech 1 do you get to research to full tech?
Vermel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #52
Admiral Sith

I get the exception, and when i Alt-Tab out and press cancel the game wont let me Alt-Tab back in and crashes, same with retry

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #53
JamieEAWFiles
Rookie

I've mirrored this file at http://empireatwar.filefront.com/ for you
JamieEAWFiles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 06:28 PM   #54
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosNite
Seeing as how your other NEW thread was closed, Id consider changing this to match what you posted before.
Meh, if that thread gets deleted I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosNite
By the way, I was playing the Empire Full Tech with 2.5 and the rebels were atacking me in many directions ON EASY.
Does anyone read the patch notes? They have always contained information on restoring the default difficulty levels.

Quote:
If you find the game too hard even on Easy, then delete the file named DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML in the XML directory
The game will use it's default settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Sith
I get the exception, and when i Alt-Tab out and press cancel the game wont let me Alt-Tab back in and crashes, same with retry
When invading? I myself haven't had that happen for a long while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermel
Is there only two speeds for gameplay? Also if you play tech 1 do you get to research to full tech?
Yes you can slow down the speed of the game, it's in the game under Options/Game. Yes you can research to full tech playing the Tech 1 universe. Rebels use C3PO/R2D2 to steal tech from Empire. Empire uses research facilities.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #55
wswordsmen
Rookie

You might want to know that the speed of fleet commanders is to high/shiled recharge to fast/shield to fast.

I was being stupid and attacking an uncharted planet with an AT-AT a singal enemy fleet commander defended it (btw they still build lots of them spread out over the galixy) it took the 3 transports and an AT-AT barage well over an hour to kill it. Had I attacked with a storm trooper the battle would have never ended.
wswordsmen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #56
halcyon36
Lurker

great mod
attacked kamino w/ 7 imp stars 3 vics and 5 tartans, killed enemy defenders in 5 min, spent the next 20 hunting down about 200 transports that were circling the map
halcyon36 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #57
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wswordsmen
You might want to know that the speed of fleet commanders is to high/shiled recharge to fast/shield to fast.
Hero units that aren't attached to capital ships fly in special shuttles. I know the above situation sucks, but I really don't want to nerf those shuttles. If only I knew a way to get Space Retreat working.

Yeah they still make fleet commanders, but I've yet to see 60 of them in one system. I personally have rarely seen them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon36
great mod
attacked kamino w/ 7 imp stars 3 vics and 5 tartans, killed enemy defenders in 5 min, spent the next 20 hunting down about 200 transports that were circling the map
Even with time Fast Forward?

Just to be clear, this isn't my doing, just the way the Demo came. However if this is a really big problem, then I will look into turning these into fodder.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #58
sven8136
Rookie

Dunno if this is fixable, but just had to quit a game because of an invulnerable/invisible space station in orbit around alderon that I couldn't destroy. It showed up on mini-map but wouldn't blow up. Captial ships wouldn't attack it, but my tie fights/bombers where shooting at something where it was suppose to be. I was Empire vs Rebel by the way.
sven8136 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #59
sherlockemery
Rookie

Was Ackbar removed? When I play in full universe rebel tech level 1, he's not available...

Haven't tried any other of the mod options though...
sherlockemery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #60
Ra2er
Rookie

Sven, I have a solution to the space station problem...
Here's the link to my post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159413
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 PM   #61
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven8136
Dunno if this is fixable, but just had to quit a game because of an invulnerable/invisible space station in orbit around alderon that I couldn't destroy.
All space stations use the Level 1 model & hardpoints. They should not be invisible. Are you using version 2.5G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockemery
Was Ackbar removed? When I play in full universe rebel tech level 1, he's not available...
Yeah I removed Piet and Ackbar from level 1 tech games. To add him back add the folowing in the CAMPAIGNS_SINGLEPLAYER.XML file your using among other such lines.

Code:
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, MonCalimari, Home_One </Starting_Forces>
<Starting_Forces> Empire, Coruscant, Piet_Team </Starting_Forces>
Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #62
sherlockemery
Rookie

OK! Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #63
toro45
Rookie

Location: At my computer trying to figure out how to make a module work.
Can you build the ventors in this mod??

toro45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #64
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Yes both sides have the Venetor
Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #65
quickymart
Rookie

no
quickymart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #66
General Nuke Em
Lurker

Grey, looking through your XML code in the campaign folder, if you wanted the tech1 rebels to start with headhunters it should look like
Quote:
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, Sullust, Z95_Rebel_Headhunter_Squadron </Starting_Forces>
and not
Quote:
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, Hoth, Z95_Headhunter_Rebel_Squadron </Starting_Forces>
I believe, because
Quote:
Z95_Headhunter_Rebel_Squadron
is what the unit is called in the squadrons.xml file. Because I sure didn't notice any Z95 headhunters in my starting forces when playing Rebels.

Hope that helps.
General Nuke Em is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #67
sherlockemery
Rookie

Hey guys, I've got another question for you.

If I wanted my Venator's to spawn X-wings, what would I need to change in the UniqueUnits.xml file? Currently my file in regards to the Venator looks like this:

I've also been thinking of adding a Turbolaser or two, but haven't gotten that far....

Thanks!

Edit: I uploaded way to much script, had to cut that down as it would have been annoying to read. Let me know if you need to see more...

Edit #2: Just removed the annoying code, as I got my question answered.

Last edited by sherlockemery; 01-31-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #68
shmacdonald's

Are the rebel's artillery still out? If so, how do you add them back in?
shmacdonald's is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 06:26 PM   #69
toro45
Rookie

Location: At my computer trying to figure out how to make a module work.
How come i cant play the rebs. Im tired of the imps but everytime i try to put rebel full tech or rebel tech 1 it makes me play as the empire.Ive tryed un-installing and deleting the XML file and replacing it. NOTHING WORKS!!

toro45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 06:59 PM   #70
Ra2er
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
If only I knew a way to get Space Retreat working.
Grey_Ghost I've heard from many people that the retreat option is enabled in the Empire mod which uses Chriz's .exe file. I'm not sure how you'd get hold of that but the retreat option may work then.

Just a thought...
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 08:16 PM   #71
kalasas
Rookie

yo this demo map sucks, i j got the new v 5, and it doesnt have any new maps?? wtc??

i rush.
i camp.
I WIN
im a pimp

kalasas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #72
Three60
Rookie

I'm confused... V 5 of what?
Anyway, can't wait to see the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro45
How come i cant play the rebs. Im tired of the imps but everytime i try to put rebel full tech or rebel tech 1 it makes me play as the empire.Ive tryed un-installing and deleting the XML file and replacing it. NOTHING WORKS!!
I don't know, I've played Rebels. Not Imp yet, but I got rebel.
Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 08:41 PM   #73
quickymart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalasas
yo this demo map sucks, i j got the new v 5, and it doesnt have any new maps?? wtc??
if you anything about anything you would know this demo only came with one space map and one land map for the galatic conquest. There are no other maps because they were not in the demo...so you suck and this mod rules
Old 01-31-2006, 08:53 PM   #74
Goldenshadow
Rookie

I got space retreating working! Follow this thread's instructions. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2193.0

Not sure who gets the credit here. The thread has a discussion about it though.

Anyway, Grey Ghost, you should add it to your mod now!
Goldenshadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #75
kalasas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickymart
if you anything about anything you would know this demo only came with one space map and one land map for the galatic conquest. There are no other maps because they were not in the demo...so you suck and this mod rules
ok dumbass you can make ur own maps when you mod the game. Dont say you cant because you can and i have seen them.

i rush.
i camp.
I WIN
im a pimp

kalasas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 PM   #76
quickymart
Rookie

Quote:
ok dumbass you can make ur own maps when you mod the game. Dont say you cant because you can and i have seen them.
show me new maps then, pics or the mod works...thanks

edit: just to make something clear, i want to see player created maps, nothing that was already in the demo...thanks again

Last edited by quickymart; 01-31-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #77
DS_Vespidbat
Rookie

dont know y ur actually arguing with quicky because he was informing u that there was only 1 space and land map.if u would use the others(in the turitials) some units would be on the wrong side and wouldnt work

DS_Vespidbat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #78
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro45
How come i cant play the rebs.
Works for me, and your the only one who's said anything about this, you must have it installed wrong or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nuke Em
Grey, looking through your XML code in the campaign folder, if you wanted the tech1 rebels to start with headhunters it should look like
Must be left over from Bryant, opps. Personally I don't think it's critical the Rebs get a free Z95 squad or not, but I will change it if I release another version.

Now that Retreating is out in the open, I might add an optional download that adds that in as well as Rebel Artillery while playing as the Rebels. I'm waiting to see if I can get the Imperial Arty working using the Rebs model.

Quote:
Keep is civil please. Are you talking about the Galactic Map or the Space/Land battle maps?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #79
boc120
Rookie

Please do incorporate space retreat, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Thanks in advance.
boc120 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #80
Resonance
Lurker

Hey, im having trouble with this mod, i have tried installing it but when i run the game it doesnt change over. i followed the instructions given in the read me but it still doesnt work, could some one help me?
Resonance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G