lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #81
Chemmy
Rookie

Thanks Ghost, without the tow cables for snowspeeders we kind of need artillery to take out AT-ATs Damn AT ATs .
Chemmy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #82
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

If it's in the right folders there shouldn't be a problem, here is a picture, hope it helps.

Last edited by Grey_Ghost; 03-26-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: it's silly, but i didn't want broken links
Grey_Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #83
Resonance
Lurker

ok i see my problem now, thanks alot
Resonance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 AM   #84
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemmy
Thanks Ghost, without the tow cables for snowspeeders we kind of need artillery to take out AT-ATs
Eh? When I tested it the cable attack worked. A.I. even took out one of my AT-AT's when I forgot to bring an AT-AA in one of my test sessions.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:05 AM   #85
Master_Cain
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenshadow
I got space retreating working! Follow this thread's instructions. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2193.0

Not sure who gets the credit here. The thread has a discussion about it though.
Me and NMA

Master_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #86
Chemmy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
Eh? When I tested it the cable attack worked. A.I. even took out one of my AT-AT's when I forgot to bring an AT-AA in one of my test sessions.
Huh, when I tried it 3 of my speeders just flew in circles around it for a while and then were shot down in seconds by the at-AA. Maybe I should try it again without the AA shooting them down!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 AM   #87
Ra2er
Rookie

Cable attack doesn't work for me either. I've tried it in many different situations and it doesn't work...
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #88
Three60
Rookie

I'm assuming that they look like A-Wings since the speeder model wasn't in there, but could that be the problem?
Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #89
DarthMaulUK

I've just managed to download this mod myself and have a quick play. I'm back on broadband after my move but trying to find the time to play this outstanding Mod and update the website is a trick I have to master fast!

Great work guys. It has really opened the demo up and I just cant wait for the full release because I intend to take time off work to play!

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #90
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

I've seen them take down an AT-AT with cables more then a few times. AT-AA slaughter speeders, so probably would not happen when they are around. I remember there being a short buildup to the action.

********NEW VERSION ADDED********: Check the first post for notes D/L.

Lest someone finds a way to make new Land/Space maps, this may be my last update. Unless it requires a bug fix. Happy hunting!

BTW I'd like to thank everyone who has given kind words and advice on this Mod. I hope it tides you over untill SWEaW's final release day.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #91
Empirecitizen
Rookie

The cables not working?
I managed to save my AT-AT form a speeder ,which is tieing it up with the cable ,with my AT-AA.
And in older versions before, the pirates killed one of my ATAT with speeder.
They work for me
Empirecitizen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #92
boc120
Rookie

You're my hero Grey_Ghost. With space retreat added to everything else, this mod is by far the best out there. Thanks for all the hard work!
boc120 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #93
Chemmy
Rookie

Thanks a lot for all your work ghost and bryant, this is by far the best mod out there.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #94
shmacdonald's

Great update, thanks. Cables work okay for me too, even though sometimes I have to reissue the order.
shmacdonald's is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #95
gswift

Speeder Cables

If your speeders wont use cables, it's probably because the AT-AT is actually the major hero that's immune to cable attack. I thought my cables were not working at first, but they work fine when I'm not attacking that one guy (I think it's General Veers?)

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #96
baraghIV
Lurker

awesome update, and the oodles of included data files (especially hardpoints.xml) are much appreciated
baraghIV is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #97
Three60
Rookie

This... is awsome. Minus some graphics and the other pieces of the game, this is the same as the normal game. Great job!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #98
PRJ_Master

Tie Bomber's Two Runs

(I'm posting this here because I'm using Bryant's 2.6g mod)

This has happened to me a couple times....the imps are invading my planet, and they call down a tie bomber run. Okay, not a big problem....I pull my troops out of the way. Then, immediately afterwards, they get ANOTHER tie bomber run. How do they do this, and, more importantly in my mind, how do I get to do it?

EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure that some planets don't have trade routes....not sure which ones....I'll give you a list after I play it again.

Last edited by PRJ_Master; 02-02-2006 at 04:32 PM.
PRJ_Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #99
Ryebread
Rookie

It must be a bug due to modding the demo. Live with it for another 14 days and then play the real deal.
Ryebread is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #100
Slocket

I played it straight for 10 hours without a crash. Very stable and works well. Good work. I only wish there was a savegame button!
Slocket is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #101
DS_Vespidbat
Rookie

16 hours for me (not in one day but seperatley)with out a crash
This mod is by far the best one. I really like that u guys dont add other things in there*cough SSD* thats just crazy.Keep it original and that what u guy have done.So i tip my hat towards u guys

But one thing i have notice when playing empire is that the rebels would make tons of bomber,about 15+to be exact,and they would have lots of vehicles too(forgot their names).

-=++=-

DS_Vespidbat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #102
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

PRJ_Master: Ryebread is probably right on the money. I don't remember experiencing this myself, but I damn near build a Shutter Shield on every planet. 8P

I'm looking forward to playing more diverse fields! Oh, Tornadoed Sand Fest that is Tatooine, how I loathe thee.

Crashless play: Awesome, that's what I've worked so hard on this Mod for.

A.I.: I didn't tweak the default values, but they do build a wider range when playing at Tech 1 (as they climb the Tech ladder). Full Tech just goes after the extreme "Why build an AT-ST when you can build an AT-AT?". That's why I play Tech 1 games, for some variety.

Last edited by Grey_Ghost; 02-02-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #103
Goldenshadow
Rookie

If you read carefully on the snow speeder's tow cable attack. it says it will trip a -=Moving=- AT-AT. That means that if your AT-AT is not moving the tow cable will not harm it.

I tested this and its true. I tow cabled an non moving AT-AT over and over but he never fell down until I did the tow cable on an AT-AT walking to somewhere.
Goldenshadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #104
Darth_Extas

that makes sense because the tow cable acts to stop movement, because if there is no movement it will just drop the ground and not work. We did not see any non-moving At-Ats in ESB fall because they were not moving, during the battle of hoth they were all moving At-Ats, You can watch the movie again if you want to make sure.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 AM   #105
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRJ_Master
EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure that some planets don't have trade routes....not sure which ones....I'll give you a list after I play it again.
I didn't think every single planet was supposed to have a trade route.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:38 AM   #106
saikoubi
Lurker

i love fighting pirates, best space fight i ever had.
saikoubi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #107
PRJ_Master

huh....I thought in your older version (big galaxy), every planet was connected to another by a trade route, and that all of the systems were connected through it somehow....

but I may be wrong. I'll load up an earlier version of your mod after I get back from uni.

for now, here arethe systems without trade routes in this version of the mod:

Nal Hutta, Bothawui, Mon Cal, Sullust, Bestine, Abragadoe Rae, and Fondor

just a question to all of you, after finally playing until I won the game....what's your favorite ground unit for both rebs and imperials?

Rebs: Personally, I LOVE the T-4Bs. They're not repulsors, so they can move around and destroy the Repulsor Jammer to let the T-2Bs mop up the troops, and, plus, if there's a shield on the planet, you just have to switch to Rockets, and you can pound the enemy through the shield (plus they're great anti-infantry. Just roll 'em over the stormies and watch 'em fall). it would be interesting when the game coems out to do a skirmish, and have a T-4b/AT-AT battle and see who would win. Not a single T-4B, of course, as it would obviously lose. but a squad of three....I'm thinking it'd be pretty close. 'course, en masse, they're nigh unstoppable. you'll lose a bunch, but they can just keep rolling towards you without even blinking.

As I haven't played through the game/demo as imp yet, I can't say which one of theirs is my favorite.
PRJ_Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #108
Goldenshadow
Rookie

I defeated the pirate base at Kessel after some experiments without losing a single ship.

The strategy is this. Bring 7 marauder cruisers , 2 corvettes, 2 gunships and home 1.
Have youe entire fleet go to the top left corner of the map and position home1 to be the front line of defense. its job is to take out any capital ships, and the corvettes and gunships are to take out fighters. esp Y wings. Now just sit back and shoot those long range missiles at the asteroid base. The special ability does the most damage.

Another thing is how awful it is when you get stuck with a gigantic fleet of 161 medium transports against a space station and an ISD and a victory and a interdictor. That many ships has quite a lot of firepower actually, but it is unplayable due to the lag. With those 161 transports, I took out the space station, the interdictor and the victory star destroyer. I could have killed the ISD but I had to turn off the computer. I still had over 100 transports left when I was trying to kill the ISD.

I should mention that I had an ion cannon on the planet to drop the ship's shields first.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #109
Three60
Rookie

(NOTE: Everything I'm saying is for full tech rebel full universe)

Okay, I just played a game over 24 hours (I left the computer on), and even though the AI may be hard on easy, it's so much fun just to have a difficult opponent who thinks logically. I put a seige in Kashyyyk, and they sent in 3+ star destroyers, tons of fighters, Interdictors, everything that would (and did) work to destroy my army. My game never crashed in that time, but it did start to freeze. But only on the Galactic map.
And I have a question. I landed some T-2B tanks onto a planet, and they just sat in a tight circle. The group that had landed first was also just sitting there, under fire or not. None of them moved. Everything else was fine, and they were fine on a different battle, but not that one. Anyone else gotten this?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:22 PM   #110
Goldenshadow
Rookie

Thats because the enemy has a repulsor lift jammer structure on that planet. T2B tanks have repulsor lift engines. put 2 and 2 together.

As soon as you blow up the repulsor lift jammer, your tanks will start moving.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #111
gswift

frozen units

Quote:
I landed some T-2B tanks onto a planet, and they just sat in a tight circle. The group that had landed first was also just sitting there, under fire or not. None of them moved. Everything else was fine, and they were fine on a different battle, but not that one. Anyone else gotten this?
I've seen similar glitches from time to time. I've played MANY hours and only encountered the problem three times, so it's rare. It wasn't repulsor jammers because I've only had problems with infantry and rocket troops. The only pattern I noticed was that they were all deployed near the edge of the reinforcement point radius.

I wouldn't expect to see this problem with the full version.

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #112
Max Outrider
Rookie

Okay, I have a weeeee bit of a problem with this mod (started with 2.5G and has stayed in this version too).

Anyone that can guess what the problem is gets a cookie :P.
Note, this only happens when I have the mod installed. No mod works fine and the old Bryant's 2.0 mod works fine too. It's just been doing this with 2.5 and 2.6.
Max Outrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #113
Admiral Sith

The textures arent being accessed, check the units files and make sure they have Textures attached to them

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #114
Harbormaster
Lurker

Man, I love this mod. I can't wait until the full game comes out...
Harbormaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 07:08 AM   #115
Max Outrider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Sith
The textures arent being accessed, check the units files and make sure they have Textures attached to them
I had a look in the ground units files but don't really have much of an idea what I am looking for. There wasn't anything that obviously said anything about textures, however the same can be said for the space units files I looked in too. The space units are fine. Better than fine even, as the old problems I had with space in 2.0 and 2.5 have been totally rectified. It's only this texture problem for the ground part of the game that is plaguing me. It also seems to lag the game majorly when there is the no texture problem. When the ground textures were working fine on the old mods the game ran smoothly.
Plus, if the files were missing texture links then everyone would be having this same problem but so far I am the only one that seems to have been affected.

Edit: Just tested the mod on my other computer and it runs perfectly there. Must just be my laptop having a heart attack. Which is weird as space runs fine.

Last edited by Max Outrider; 02-04-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #116
RedBullet612
Lurker

Anyone else slowing down at galactic map and sometimes crashing?
RedBullet612 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #117
Three60
Rookie

I slowed down on the Galactic map, but never got a crash.
For Max Outrider, just try downloading the files again.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #118
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Outrider
I had a look in the ground units files but don't really have much of an idea what I am looking for.
Try re-installing the Demo itself, other then that maybe the Laptop doesn't meet the min specs/need new drivers.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #119
Ra2er
Rookie

No slowing down or crashes for me in this version.
In my opinion this is THE mod for the demo, every other mod out there seems to crash at some point, this doesn't, it's bug-free. No crashes at all since updating to 2.6g. Oh and the cable attack works for me now, I managed to bring down 2 AT-AT's in a battle.
Will you be working on any small scale mods for the full game Grey Ghost?
Ra2er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #120
Max Outrider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
Try re-installing the Demo itself, other then that maybe the Laptop doesn't meet the min specs/need new drivers.
I did the reinstall and everything. The laptop is better than the minimum specs by quite a lot. The problem only occurs when I use the mod. Without it the textures are there and everything works fine. Plus it worked fine on earlier versions of the mod, this only started happening from 2.5G.

Last edited by Max Outrider; 02-04-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G