lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?
Darth Malak 55 29.41%
Darth Sion 19 10.16%
Darth Nihilus 42 22.46%
Darth Traya 50 26.74%
I Like All Of Them 11 5.88%
I Don't Like Any Of Them 10 5.35%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Darth Traya, master of manipulation.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I like Darth Sion, because he is a powerful Sith Lord and I just like him personally.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Blasphemous fool! You forgot the best one! He's the main character for crying out loud!

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Blasphemous fool! You forgot the best one! He's the main character for crying out loud!

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!
I was going to put him in originally, but then I thought just to put in Sith Lords you fight in the game.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Ever played TSL? You fight Revan on Korriban.

I was just screwing with you. Out of the choices given, my favourite would have to be Malak.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
Jeremia Skywalk
Rookie

Yea Malak's got some style, not "all hail the great sith empire" or "I hear an echoe in the force" His clothes even looks good on him and he knows his saber very good. No match for Revan of course, but still.
Jeremia Skywalk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
I liked them all. Bioware and Obsidian did a great job on each one, although Nihilus could've used a little more dialogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Nihilus's dialogue doesn't show whenever he talks (Unlike any other aliens that don't speak Galactic Basic) so I can never understand what's he saying. At least with Wookiees, it shows what there saying.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #10
helljumper51
Rookie

thats becuase nihilis is dead. he only seems alive becuse he has so much dark energy in him.
helljumper51 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
I would pick Malak, next to Lady Revan. Malak was simply more thought out.

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #12
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I like Malak. He's the quintessential Bad Guy.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
I liked them all. Bioware and Obsidian did a great job on each one, although Nihilus could've used a little more dialogue.
Hey, I would have been happy with _any_ dialog instead of the Listerine-gargling impression he does.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #14
Venom750
Veteran

Malak was my favorite out of KOTOR because Malaks a badass

I not paranoid it's everyone else

Venom750 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #15
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Malak. He actually got something accomplished.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #16
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Gotta go with Malak. He was the only one who put up a fight.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #17
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Darth Malak, we never really saw much of the other ones... Darth Sion is 2nd just because he's Grayfox style freaky.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Hey, I would have been happy with _any_ dialog instead of the Listerine-gargling impression he does.
It's better than the annoying thing with Malak's voice. At least Nihilus' voice stayed constant. Malak's metallic effect kind of faded in and out.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #19
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

We didn't hear Darth Nihilus' voice enough for it to be annoying.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #20
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I liked them all. Malak was an all around good villain, Traya was very interesting, Sion was something new that was a refreshing change from the usual clichés, and Nihilus had a really really well written background (though I was let down by the...two...times I saw him during the game).

I think if I had to pull a favorite, I'd say Nihilus. Despite his lack of "screen time", his the setup Visas and Kreia gave him, plus his overall look (and his voice ) made for a very interesting character.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #21
RobQel-Droma
Blah

A close match between Sion and Nihilus. Malak was the typical clutch-my-chest-while-laughing-demonically-after-my-boring-monologue. He was kind of annoying after the first time through KOTOR. Not that he wasn't a nice good villian, but I just got tired of him after a while.

Now Sion and Nihilus, I liked them a lot. For one, they weren't dummer than dirt, and they weren't always spouting "And now you feel the true power of the dark side! HA-HA-HA...." They were just darker, more mysterious, and were great concepts, different from what you usually see for villians in Star Wars games.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 PM   #22
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

The Dark Lords in TSL were hardly ever seen, and put up hardly any fight, or got anything done. Kriea manipulated you, so what? Malak actually had an effect on the galaxy. He practically destroyed it. The others...just kinda...were there.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #23
RobQel-Droma
Blah

As for getting anything done, well, I would disagree. What happened to the Harbinger (and other Republic ships), and all or rest of the Jedi?
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #24
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Well, yeah, but still. The Harbringer didn't have much effect on...well, anything, really. That's exagerating, I know, but still...

But I have to agree with Nhilus and Sion be darker and more mysterious. That was a nice change. Now, if only Nhilus wasn't such a huge, sucking windbag...

Old 01-30-2006, 11:58 PM   #25
FiEND_138

Traya.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #26
Maverick5770

I liked all the Sith in both games, Malak was a bit of a cheater, using his captive jedi to replenish himself, Nilhus was a bit of a pushover, didn't even knock any of my party down,Kreia was fun, but those dumb force controled sabers were annoying. Sion was a battle of wits, not just power so I enjoyed him the most. But they all were fun.

I Am Canadian

Go Canucks Go

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ
Maverick5770 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #27
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
IMO, they all sucked. Malak and Sion were too brutal, Nihilus, he just isn't much of a conversationalist, and although Traya was the most balanced of the pack, but she just pisses me off. But if Revan was on the poll I'd vote for him/her.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #28
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
I was going to put him in originally, but then I thought just to put in Sith Lords you fight in the game.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 07:19 AM   #29
Greyslayer
Lurker

Wow, they all sucked really.

If I had to pick, it would definitely be Malak.

He was the most established and diabolical. As others have said he fits the Star Wars villain role best of those.

The first time playing K1 he's alright, but by the end game 2 he's much too comical to take seriously. That stupid metal jaw thing. Oh please Of the two Sith Lords in K1 who would be the one to wear a mask? I wouldn't think Revan. And his bug eyes that are too close together with his stupid laugh.. gah. Also he really seems pathetic when you see the untainted version of him in K1 and also in k2. Totally lame and the antithesis of menacing. I did like his synthesised voice though.

Then you have Nihilus. The gimp. First off, it's definitely the guy from the movie Scream. I mean come on. Also ripped from the Sith Revan look. Generic. Sure, it looks cool, but it's pretty weak when I can't stop thinking about the Scream killer. Then you hear him talk for the first time and I was laughing through the whole thing. Give me a break. That's the best they could come up with? I think I read somewhere it was backward msgs too. I expected more from Obsidian. The first dialog is the worst. He just sounds so idiotic. Then later you get to him, hit him one time which would kill him but it forces that little in between scene where vissas is having a rough time of it, "He's just too powerful!!!" then you hit him a second time and he dies. The Horror!

Sion would be pretty good but they gave him such a lame voice. Bad voice acting. But worst of all you get the impression that he's just a useless pawn. Thrown away by Traya like trash. He does seem pretty intellectually challenged too. At least the fight was unique and he hurt when he hit initially. Definitely the best fight, but considering his character in terms of role playing, he's just too pathetic for me to like. I felt sorry for him instead. It was a good part of the game, but him as a bada** Sith Lord? Heh, no. His strength was his undoing.

Then you get Traya... have to suffer through her confusing diatribe of complementing your subtle manipulations one minute to telling you how much you've failed the next. All that ranting about echoes this echoes that. I think the whole K2 echo bs really dilluted the Star Wars universe or specifically detracted from the dark side appeal with it's doom and gloom and utter pointlessness. Anyway, she was much too annoying, and the final fight, hah, where did that crap come from? We got to fight... not a sith lord.. but a bunch of flying swords. Yay! Maybe if the ending had not been so butchered...

The apprentices are even worse. Vissas? Everything about her personality would have been considered a weakness to any true sith. She was a joke.

Bastila? Lol, okay, so she frowned alot and had a dark robe and saber... but what was with her stealing the show at the end? Example: You're telling Carth off and considering whether or not you should compell Zaalbar to gut mission vao, when carth makes a run for it. You begin the chase because, there simply is no other person in the universe that you want to kill more than Carth, but Bastila commands you to stop because he's not worth it. WRONG, that should have been Revan's role commanding her. They ruined the entire bastila darkside.

Darth Bandon wtf. How many people started doing his little fight scene solo because they maybe got 1 swing in if they had 2 other companions before he died So bad. Such a boaster too. At least Nihilus you don't really hear bragging.

None of them come close to capturing the perfect villain which is Darth Vader. Intimidating dark skeletal armor look, complete lack of compassion "Apology accepted captain needo" as he's force gripping him to death, then later discussing the death stars progress in RotJ, "The Emporer is not as forgiving as I am" cruel, but it's funny and awe inspiring. He's the epitome of evil. But the power of love and family in the end lead such a wicked thing to sacrificing himself to save his son. You can't touch that.

Sadly, Malak was the only one that came even remotely close to a shadow of a Vadar villain. Not that it's truly comparable.

Oh well, K1 story was excellent and K2 fixed so much, even if the ending blew, killing that padme clone and some lines like "Run, he's unstopable!" made it worth the trouble. Hopefully TSL Restoration Project will flesh out the sith lords a bit more. Holding breath.
Greyslayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #30
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Nihilus was just really hungry...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #31
Darth Exilus
Rookie

Nihilus could have destroyed any of the other Sith Lords at will with his powers of hunger, I believe even Revan would have fallen to him.

Thats not to say that the Exile is more powerful than Revan, it's simply that the Exile is a breach in the force, just like Nihilus. Therefore when Nihilus tried to draw energy from the Exile, Nihilus' own energy had been drawn into that breach and it weakened him severely.

Revan's connection to the force had not manifested into a breach after the battle of Malachor V, at least not that I am aware of. But if it had become an echo, then Revan would have been immune to Nihilus' powers, just like the Exile.

I'd have to say as Sith Lords, the Exile and Revan would be equal in strength, the Exile's connection to the force was not as strong before the battle of Malachor V. After the battle and for the next 10 years before the events of TSL, he had lost all connection to the force, then Kreia taught him how to feel it again. I believe that this "echo" that he was, allowed him to become stronger in the force than he could have possibly become before Malachor V, as strong as Revan perhaps.

Revan just had a naturally strong connection to the force from birth, he learned and mastered everything the Jedi Masters taught him. As a Sith Lord he then again mastered all the teachings he learned while he was at the Trayus Academy. Wherever Revan is now in the Ancient Sith Empire, whether it be Ziost, Vjun, or some other extremely dark sided world, he is probably mastering whatever techniques that he is learning from the Ancient Sith enemies hes encountered there.

Therefore since I can't vote for Darth Revan or a Sith Lord Exile, I'll have to vote for Nihilus. Malak was just a brute, he was strong, but just like Sion he knew nothing of how to use the full power of the force.
Darth Exilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #32
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Nihilus was definitely the darkest Sith Lord so far. I mean, he drained entire worlds to satiate his hunger. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no info on him in TSL and that's a waste. I don't know if it was cut out of the game (like the HK factory and some dialogues), but I'm sure Nihilus has an excellent background story, too bad we'll never know who he really was.
igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #33
Buzz1978
Rookie

I couldn't pick any of them.

Malak and Sion are no villains, they're just thugs on a bigger level.

Nihilus is just a machine without mind.

Traya... she is the only one with a long term objective and a plan to reach it and surely her ways are evil. But in reality she wants to be defeated by the Exile, even though she knows, she can't destroy the Force then. In a way, she's sacrificing herself. So I have problems seeing her as a real Sith.
Buzz1978 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #34
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Although the buildup getting to each one was more satisfying than actually fighting them, Malak, in KotOR had the best representation of evil.
Intelligent and ambitious yet cold and calculating. Truly sith-like.

Kreia, in her infinately cryptic, double tounged rants, had more of a manipulative direction about her than pure evil intent.
She was almost sympathetic, hardly a sith. Floating sabers, please...

Scion's single mindedness and tormented nature makes him inferior though very dangerous. He seems more of a right hand to a lord instead of a lord himself. Killing him was somewhat satisfying.

The most dissappointing to me was Nihilus. He was portrayed as this purely evil, dark wraith of a sith lord. The buildup to him was great. Dead? undead? Darkness feeding on jedi? I buzzed with anticipation as I neared our confrontation. Just to be flatlined when my party members spanked him up before I could get my saber out.

Malak left the best impression of a sith lord from these two games. I mean, who else would bombard a whole planet to kill one person?

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #35
Malkier
Rookie

HK-47
Malkier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #36
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkier
HK-47
Yeah, too bad he's not a Sith Lord, nor a human.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #37
The_Mandalore
Rookie

Nihilus. He is just so much more evil than the rest of them. Not "Dr.Evil" evil but more like "True Sith Lord" evil. He is one with the darkside. He is darkness.

Reincarnation of Mandalore the First
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3...usarmor5jj.jpg
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
The_Mandalore is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #38
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Yeah, too bad he's not a Sith Lord, nor a human.
Who says a sith lord have to be human? Then again HK47 is not Force Sensitive.

I think "the original meatbag" is the best sith lord.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #39
igyman
Tension!

I never said that a Sith Lord has to be human, I was using ''human'' as an example for, as HK-47 would say, a ''meatbag''.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #40
YertyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Exilus
Nihilus could have destroyed any of the other Sith Lords at will with his powers of hunger, I believe even Revan would have fallen to him.

Thats not to say that the Exile is more powerful than Revan, it's simply that the Exile is a breach in the force, just like Nihilus. Therefore when Nihilus tried to draw energy from the Exile, Nihilus' own energy had been drawn into that breach and it weakened him severely.

Revan's connection to the force had not manifested into a breach after the battle of Malachor V, at least not that I am aware of. But if it had become an echo, then Revan would have been immune to Nihilus' powers, just like the Exile.

I'd have to say as Sith Lords, the Exile and Revan would be equal in strength, the Exile's connection to the force was not as strong before the battle of Malachor V. After the battle and for the next 10 years before the events of TSL, he had lost all connection to the force, then Kreia taught him how to feel it again. I believe that this "echo" that he was, allowed him to become stronger in the force than he could have possibly become before Malachor V, as strong as Revan perhaps.
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I absolutely loath the whole Force philosophy in TSL."A breach in the Force"! Have you ever considered that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things" and that the affinity to it is a natural ability that you can change as much as you can change the colour of your eyes?(i.e. it is a biological fact)
The same goes for Kreia's "I can kill the Force" thing - the SW movies tell us that you can kill the Force as much as you can kill all life; as long as there is life, there is the Force and vice versa.
And Nihilus' "I can destroy wohle planets using the Force but can't defend myself against 2 jedi and a Mandalorian" is just
And of course the echoes and Malachor ... I found the idea interesting in the beginning, but at the end it just gets ridicoulus. "You now are like Malachor, it is what defines you" "Well, if I create an absence of the Force at the right time it will miraculously multiply (since it is an echo) and destroy the whole Force" *sigh*
Very un-Starwarsy
IMHO TSL makes the same mistake as Matrix 2 & 3: Trying to be intellectually challenging by mixing in lots of little thought-through but pompously sounding "philosophy"
YertyL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?