lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?
Darth Malak 55 29.41%
Darth Sion 19 10.16%
Darth Nihilus 42 22.46%
Darth Traya 50 26.74%
I Like All Of Them 11 5.88%
I Don't Like Any Of Them 10 5.35%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #41
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YertyL
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I absolutely loath the whole Force philosophy in TSL."A breach in the Force"! Have you ever considered that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things" and that the affinity to it is a natural ability that you can change as much as you can change the colour of your eyes?(i.e. it is a biological fact)
The same goes for Kreia's "I can kill the Force" thing - the SW movies tell us that you can kill the Force as much as you can kill all life; as long as there is life, there is the Force and vice versa.
And Nihilus' "I can destroy wohle planets using the Force but can't defend myself against 2 jedi and a Mandalorian" is just
And of course the echoes and Malachor ... I found the idea interesting in the beginning, but at the end it just gets ridicoulus. "You now are like Malachor, it is what defines you" "Well, if I create an absence of the Force at the right time it will miraculously multiply (since it is an echo) and destroy the whole Force" *sigh*
Very un-Starwarsy
IMHO TSL makes the same mistake as Matrix 2 & 3: Trying to be intellectually challenging by mixing in lots of little thought-through but pompously sounding "philosophy"

Totally agreed.
I hate that echos/wounds/leaks in the force thing. I hate the True Sith as well.

But for the Sith Lords:

For me the best is definitly Malak.
Malak has just by far the best backgroundstory, his fall is realistic.
I like his appearance. He is intelligent even though he sucks with strategy tactic and so on. The fight with him in the star forge with the Malak music theme is also by far the best boss fight. His german voice is stunning. Dont know about the english one.

Sion, hm he just isn't a real Sith Lord. He is more like an elite warrior to me. He lacks in understanding the force. He's ok though, but imo he just isnt a Sith Lord.

Traya: Although she is manipulative, wise and intelligent, i cant really understand what she is actually trying to achieve. Is it the destruction of the force (what a ridicoulus thought) ? Or is it, Revenge against Nihilus, Sion and the Jedi? Or does she want to train someone who is as powerful as her first apprentice? No matter what it is, her goal is definitly not that of a real Sith lord. And by the way, the fight against her was just too easy and that flying-lightsaber concept sucks.

Nihilus:
The one i thought would be a real interesting powerful sithlord, after i've seen the artwork where he fights Atris.
But no, that guy is not a Sith lord but just some kind of monster who wants to consume all life, until nothing is left. How interesting. Nihilus is not even a character. He is just there. He is the most dissappointing Sith lord i ever heard about. Pff.

in all Star wars, Revan is my favourite Sithlord, then Palpatine, then Malak and then Vader
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #42
Darth SINner
Rookie

It would have to be Malak for two reasons.

1 He is ruthless and just an all round bad ass in my book.

2 He is the former apprentice of the great Lord Revan. Need i say more.
Darth SINner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #43
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

I voted Malak.

I didn't like the Sith Lords in....The Sith Lords.

I thought the concept of them was absurd.

Kreia...is very confusing and i think a a little insane. And its a little silly how she makes 3 Jedi Masters drop dead with a wave off her hand.

Sion...how can he not die? What if the exile severed his head? He also seems pretty stupid...and why did he go from being Kreia's enemy to being her servant?!

Nihilus...i think i disliked him the most. The idea that he can kill a whole planet by himself is a little ridiculous to me. Even more so considering the way he dies. WHat is he some sort of "god"? That sounds too overpowered.

Malak wasn't exactly the "golden boy" of the Sith Order, but he was bth menacing, and entertaining...i think part of me played Kotor again just he hear his hilariously entertaining voice.

"I had to see if you still ALIVE ...Revan."

"This is but a taste of the DARK SIDE."

"HA-HA-HA"

"Blind...and stupid..."
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #44
Darth Xul
Lurker

I know this is a late.. well very late post, but when I read through this at random I had to fix something by pointing it out..

People said Darth Traya was not much of a sith because she acted very differently;
Well let me state a quote from her, "It(sith) may be my title, but it is not who I am.."
the quote may not be exact but it is close, it is from Kreias conversation with Atris near the end of the game.
Kreia was a sith only by title so that is why she didn't act like the typical sith which is why most people don't think she is "evil" enough to be one, but she is the one who taught Sion, Revan and possibly even Nilhus.
Kreia may not be oustandingly brutal but she is still "evil" as the way she goes about getting her goals done couldn't be concieved as anything other than "Dark sided"
If you pay attention in the game you find out that Kriea was a Jedi Master at one point, then later a Sith Master, she goes around with the Exile as what is known as a Grey Jedi then later reveals herself as a sith. She has mastered light side and dark side
and was probably the most powerful Jedi and the most powerful Sith. She knew how to manipulate and if you do your homework you see that manipulation is one of the "evilest" things someone can do because in most cases it is worse then just killing the person you don't like.

"It is a far greater victory to make one see through your eyes, then to close theirs forever.." -Kreia
Darth Xul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #45
Jediphile
Persona non grata

It's a close call between Nihilus and Traya. I'll go with Nihilus, though - he's just so haunting and mysterious.

Sion is just a brutish zombie by comparison, but the worst really is Malak. I don't think I've ever seen a more cheesy villain. He deserved to die just for his attempt at an evil laughter alone... Let's be thankful for the metal jaw, though, since it means he at least didn't have a moustache to twirl

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 AM   #46
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

the Sith that i would probably have to like a lot is probably Darth bane he makes the others sound extremely weak and i'm going to quote something that bane said
honor is for the living in dead people deserve no honour

so i'm going to have to go with bane plus i don't think malak could destroy a whole room about 10 times over
and he also kills men woman and children so he is probably my type of sith the ones above is nothing compard to bane

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 08:02 AM   #47
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Darth Bane isn't part of the KotOR series (which I assume to mean the games), though. That's probably why he is missing from the list along with Sidious, Vader, Maul, Dooku, etc.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #48
Henz

Nihlus was the best concept. He was the worst in execution though sadly.

I've said it before, but I'd love to have Nihlus return in the 3rd game, as a party member even (his pre-Nihlus human state of course.) It would make the story far richer to hear more about him.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #49
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Yes, I think there is potential for revealing things about Nihilus in K3. I did that in my own plot suggestion.

I disagree, however, that he was poorly executed in TSL, except for the actual confrontation with him. To say that he is disappointing because we don't learn more about him defeats his entire purpose - we're not SUPPOSED to learn about his past. It is precisely because he is unknown that he is mysterious, threatening, and dangerous. It is human nature to fear the unknown and that is precisely what Nihilus represents in TSL - the unknown. If his entire past was revealed in TSL, then they might as well not have put him in there in the first place. Dracula also works best when he is an unknowable force of evil as he was in Stoker's original novel, and as the Great Old Ones are in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythology, where mere knowledge of them equals doom while ignorance is bliss. That's the sort of hauting and gothic entity that Nihilus is, and it is what he works best as in TSL.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #50
Grey Master
Firecracker

Tray abeats them all, hands down, manipulative, rants about the Dark Side, how much more Sith can you get???
Grey Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #51
Jediphile
Persona non grata

^^

You just don't know Nihilus... Which is, of course, the point

Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #52
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

It's almost too close to call between Traya and Nihilus, but I think I'll go with Nihilus. I think I like him so much because I know almost nothing about him. I've always been of the mind that an unknown evil is far more dangerous than a known one.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 01:40 AM   #53
SykoRevan

My favorite is Malak, only because he's the only one that's simple and true. What I mean is, the Sith Lords in TSL were overdone. One of them is immortal, one of them eats planets, and the other one isn't even a Sith. They say you can overdo something, and that's true with the TSL Sith. Malak was pure Star Wars-esque bad guy. He made KOTOR I feel much more like a true Star Wars story than if Traya or Sion was the bad guy in K1. Star Wars has always been about a clear defining line between good and evil (Those are George Lucas's words, not mine), and TSL wasn't about that at all. In K1, Malak was the bad guy, and you were the good guy trying to stop him. To me, that's better than the mess of a story behind TSL and the "Sith" that made it that way.

SykoRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 AM   #54
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SykoRevan
In K1, Malak was the bad guy, and you were the good guy trying to stop him.
Only in canon (Which I use for the KOTOR series), since Revan could also be the bad guy. Yes, the Poll only contained the Sith Lords from the KOTOR games, not books like Bane.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 05:12 AM   #55
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

well bane is from the kotor series but i think he comes along later about 3,000 years after reven but if you ever heard of him you will know what i mean he found an old holocron that proved that reven want to the unknown world after the star forge was destroyed

i can prove that bane is part of the kotor series just read
path of destruction which relates 3,000 years after reven but still relates to the kotor

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #56
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1
well bane is from the kotor series but i think he comes along later about 3,000 years after reven but if you ever heard of him you will know what i mean he found an old holocron that proved that reven want to the unknown world after the star forge was destroyed

path of destruction which relates 3,000 years after reven but still relates to the kotor
Yes I do know Bane, I've read the first few Chapters of the PoD book. The thing is that he isn't in the games and this poll is about the Sith Lords from the games.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #57
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1

That makes Bane Star Wars and likely "Tales of the Jedi" as well. It doesn't not put him in KotOR, which covers mostly the games, the new comic books, and possibly the original "Tales of the Jedi" set before, during, and just after the Old Sith Wars. Generally KotOR is about 4000 years before the movies. Bane lives 3000 years after KotOR and 1000 years before the movies, so there is no way he can be part of the KotOR-era, since it's 3000 years before his time. There are references to Revan in the some of the Bane-material, yes, but that just makes it Star Wars, not KotOR. Otherwise we could claim that the Dark Empire stories are KotOR, since Ood appears in Dark Empire II.

I don't even consider "The Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" to be KotOR, since they take place 1000 years before the time of Exar Kun, Ulic and Revan. They're references in the game, but that's historic background more than anything else.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #58
darth fmc
Banned

i think sion coz he cant die or Nihilus coz he eats planets
darth fmc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #59
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Nihlius was a candiate for being a favorite Sith Lord...until I realized I learnt too much about him.

1. He once was a human.
2. He has the ability to bond with others and feed on that bond.
3. He destroyed Kattar.
4. He learnt all this from you.

That's too much information. Already, we know about the threat of Darth Nihlius, and we know how to destroy him. Some info is good to freak someone out, but I felt we learnt far too much about Nihlius for him to actually be scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #60
Rasputin1st
Rookie

Malak was unique in his own little way, he was a little too similar to Vader, but Malak had his own style and it was not his "special powerz" that defined him, his personality dictated his powers.
Rasputin1st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #61
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Sion, definately. I feel he was the most unique out of the lot and had an interesting aura about him. Lacked a backstory, but hey, that made him all the more mysterious and dark.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #62
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen
Darth Traya, master of manipulation.
Ditto

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #63
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Blasphemous fool! You forgot the best one! He's the main character for crying out loud!

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!
Lol... Agreed.

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #64
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCorp
Lol... Agreed.

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!
Hmmm.... Perhaps, but don't you think that Revan is just a tad bit overrated? I think Revan is just your general Sith Lord - to me personally there is nothing too special about him/her.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #65
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle_King
Hmmm.... Perhaps, but don't you think that Revan is just a tad bit overrated? I think Revan is just your general Sith Lord - to me personally there is nothing too special about him/her.
I agree. If he wasn't the player character in K1, I probably wouldn't even like him all that much. He's probably the most overrated person in all of Star Wars.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #66
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
I agree. If he wasn't the player character in K1, I probably wouldn't even like him all that much. He's probably the most overrated person in all of Star Wars.
I think this is the core problem, gamers often seem to focus on main characters rather than sub-characters. Revan is not all that special, take any other Sith Lord from the Star Wars EU - say Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos, picture them in a duel - can anyone really suggest that Revan would come out on top? Still it's down to personal opinion i suppose.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #67
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I definitely thought Malak was the best out of them. But I also liked Sion's character.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #68
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I definitely thought Malak was the best out of them. But I also liked Sion's character.
I also kinda liked Malak, his character best describes the Sith personality as he turned on his master, Revan, which of course is what all Sith do to become the 'Master' (according to Darth Bane's 'Rule of Two' anyhow).
Old 04-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #69
Fredi
El Guapo

Well my favorite is Darth Bandon , Not for his fighting style and nothing like that but hes personality is pretty cool , very Sith , not like Traya and Malak that are very calm , he is pretty much my favorite Sith

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #70
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotor_jf
Well my favorite is Darth Bandon , Not for his fighting style and nothing like that but hes personality is pretty cool , very Sith , not like Traya and Malak that are very calm , he is pretty much my favorite Sith
He was pretty cool, for the short time we see him - but to me he seems just like an average Sith Apprentice; a bit like Revan whom to me seems like your average Sith Lord.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #71
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I actually hated Malak. He was the most straightforward and brutal one of them all. I guess he's the most "true" to Star Wars, but I just hate overly done straightforwardness and brutality. In my opinion, Sith Lords should be a little more subtle than Malak, and at least give some thought to the consequences of your actions on the galaxy.

Having those hidden ulterior motives, like Kreia, and actually having some insight on the inner workings of the galaxy and the Force is far more interesting than seeing some jaw-less maniac destroy a planet.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #72
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Malak was cheesy and phoney in the extreme. You only had to hear him laugh once to get a pretty good idea of why he lost his jaw...

Old 04-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #73
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
. I guess he's the most "true" to Star Wars, but I just hate overly done straightforwardness and brutality.
A bit like Vader in some way, part mechanical and ruthless - but i definately in tersm of ruthlessness Malak is the worser in personification as his personality is unflinching - Vader on the otherhand eventually succumbs back to the path of light by saving Luke from the hands of the Emperor.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #74
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle_King
A bit like Vader in some way, part mechanical and ruthless - but i definately in tersm of ruthlessness Malak is the worser in personification as his personality is unflinching - Vader on the otherhand eventually succumbs back to the path of light by saving Luke from the hands of the Emperor.
I disagree. Vader kills his own commanding officers!

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa..."

You just can't top that [insert evil smile here]

Also, Vader captures and tortures Luke's friends solely for the purpose of drawing him out, and he plays on his love for his sister to corrupt him. He's much worse as a bad guy than Malak. Sure, he may be redeemed in the end, but he was still an infinitely better villain than Malak... and without a phoney laughter too [insert cringe here]

Old 04-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #75
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Also, Vader captures and tortures Luke's friends solely for the purpose of drawing him out, and he plays on his love for his sister to corrupt him. He's much worse as a bad guy than Malak. Sure, he may be redeemed in the end, but he was still an infinitely better villain than Malak... and without a phoney laughter too [insert cringe here]
I think the best thing about Vader was that he never laughed. I hate villains that laugh about their victories and/or plans. I mean, what's funny about them? That's the main reason I hate Malak - he's a complete Vader copy (a pathetic one at that) and his laugh is the cheesiest, lamest, and most cringe-worthy (in a bad way) I've ever heard.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #76
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
I think the best thing about Vader was that he never laughed. I hate villains that laugh about their victories and/or plans. I mean, what's funny about them? That's the main reason I hate Malak - he's a complete Vader copy (a pathetic one at that) and his laugh is the cheesiest, lamest, and most cringe-worthy (in a bad way) I've ever heard.
Well, at least he had facial problems... just imagine if he'd had a mustache to twirl too [insert shudder here]

Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #77
The Architect

All of the above negative comments about Malak are funny because they’re true. Especially this:

Quote:
Malak was cheesy and phoney in the extreme. You only had to hear him laugh once to get a pretty good idea of why he lost his jaw...
Lol. A smilie would normally go here, but I'm editing this post, so I can't use them.

A big focus of my KotOR comedy fan fic is taking the piss out of Malak. You’ve just got to love Malak bashing.

Part one which I’ve posted on the CET section of this forum gives you an idea of what is to come. Now I’m not sure if I should continue to post it part by part (when I complete a part) or wait until I complete it (which could take like a year) and then post the entire thing.

Oh, and to stay on topic, Darth Traya is my favourite Sith Lord in the KotOR series so far, because she's a well written, clever character who’s well voice acted by Sara (eh, I forgot how to spell her last name, because I forgot what it is, and I can’t be assed enough to Google it or whatever).

And why is Mr. Cheese winning the poll?!?!? Vote Traya! Or vote anyone but Mr. Cheese!

"Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

~ Bill Hicks
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #78
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
And why is Mr. Cheese winning the poll?!?!? Vote Traya! Or vote anyone but Mr. Cheese!
Mr. Cheese is winning because he is indeed Classic and fitting of K1. He fits what Star Wars is meant to be, a story with stupid and pathetic villians, compared to great and mighty heroes. Malak fit an sterotype, and he did so well.

Meanwhile, in TSL, you got an Exile who is stupid and pathetic (in other people's eyes, but to me as well, The Exile was just a tool), and Kreia who is far too charmastic for her own good. It upsets the whole SW legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #79
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Nihilus is definitely the coolest of the Sith Lords, but I would say Kreia is actually my favorite of them, and also my favorite character of all. I would have to agree ,though, that she is too good for some Star Wars fans. I guess a lot of them want stereotypical, miserably pathetic, dumb, lame villains with a cheesy laugh. In my opinion, Star Wars took a turn for the better (much better) when they made TSL, and I really hope they keep going down that path.

Oh, and Architect, I would definitely like it if you keep posting each chapter as you right it. It's a lot easier to read it one chapter at a time than to read a full-length fic all in one setting. And I really hate Malak, and I love any fic that talks about what a **** he was.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #80
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
and without a phoney laughter too
An annoying aspect of Malak.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?