lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Taris help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
Darth_Malak02
Rookie

Taris help

can anyone recommend a quick way to get off of Taris but still be powerful...so that i can be a strong Jedi.

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed, Admiral. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."-Vader

the greates RP site ever... http://unknownregions.proboards81.com
Darth_Malak02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
If you want to be a strong Jedi, stay at level two non-Jedi. Then you get to level 18 Jedi.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I cheated and played with Achilles Padawan Mod

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
Vibro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Malak02
can anyone recommend a quick way to get off of Taris but still be powerful...so that i can be a strong Jedi.
The Doctor's suggestion is the only real option but you'll struggle to get off Taris at level 2.
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Personally, for me, I enjoy playing Taris. Here's one of my big reasons...

spoiler:
It shows me that Revan can get the job done without using the Force, and that there is more to Revan than his/her ability to use the Force and a lightsaber.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2006, 04:50 AM   #6
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

i liked taris and for slaughtering the rakgols they have to be my favouite and killing off bendik starkiller thats a great fight and pretty much for me its fighting killing more fighting they run off bit more killing
all you lot is lucky you dont have to worry about them not running but then again come to think of it EVERYTHING RUNS off when they see me or worse they fart then run off in a battle once as i rember i had one of my mates with me then the villan in this case iraqi or japs take one look at me then run after my mate but i was sort of carrying a b5 anti tank gun then we went to sneak up on some vc and they were hideing one farted so you all can probley guess what happend

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2006, 05:33 AM   #7
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
what the hell? does anybody understand that mess?^^^ and i can only do taris at a minimum of being lvl 4. otherwise i just get owned by davik and calo.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Uh, Canderous, when a post stays inactive for, say, three months, chances are the question was answered to the poster's satisfaction. Just so you know.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #9
Lightside Revan
Rookie

IMO Taris sucks. I hate this level. I am playing it the second time and I think it is worse than the first time. Very strange. My char is a strong soldier at level 4 by now. But I am fighting with the long sword and get beaten so badly by the monsters etc. What's wrong. Maybe I have chosen the wrong skills this time. Are you using the sword or the blasters to kill all enemies off? I replayed the level several times to get the best results, but in the meantime I am fed up.

Well, Venom, that really sounds weird to me. I have no problems with that.

Does anyone of you have some hints for best skilling the char? Would really appreciate you help.
Lightside Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #10
mimic666
Rookie

Use the Prototype Vibroblade and Long Sword or Mission's Blade. Add more strength and dexterity when you create your character.
mimic666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #11
shocker8813
Rookie

dude, u shud use dexterity, then use blasters to get through taris. the dex gives good saves and good blaster use, then, once u get ur lightsaber, the game will use either dex or strength, which ever is stronger, to determine damage. i actually dont put any point into strength at creation.

had a spoiler, but i decided i didnt want to ruin it.
shocker8813 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
Peff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
If you want to be a strong Jedi, stay at level two non-Jedi. Then you get to level 18 Jedi.
Isn't that extremly hard ?? Have anyone here done it :O
:P

My character is lvl 9 soldier an lvl 11 consular. And i think thats the main reason - that i cant defeat Malak

So i have started a new one and I only managed lvl 5 ... Not lesser :P
Peff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #13
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peff
Isn't that extremly hard ?? Have anyone here done it :O
:P
*Raises hand...*

Every time I play KotOR...

Also I noticed that if you cross classes like Soldier/Consular or Scourndrel/Guardian it actually creates a weaker character.

To max out things with your characters you should stick with symbiotic classes;
  • Soldier/Guardian
  • Scout/Sentinel
  • Scoundrel/Consular
This way the 2 classes merge together as the Jedi class is an extension of the Non-Jedi class...

Just my 2 cents!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 05:57 AM   #14
Lightside Revan
Rookie

In a computer game magazine I have read that the class soldier and consular should be the best to complete the game. Well, I did it but it was still a bid hard to kill Malak.
Lightside Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #15
Peff
Rookie

soo : I fyou want to leave Taris as a level 2 / 3 something, you simply have to do as few quests and talk to as few people you manage ? And even make your main character to not attack ??
Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #16
Darth333
Administraterror

No, you can still do all the quests and keep your xp points for later. Just don't use the level up screen.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #17
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
*Raises hand...*

Every time I play KotOR...
I actually stopped doing this after discovering the padawan mod. It's actually not too hard to do LS. DS is a pain, mostly because of the boss fight with the Hidden Bek guy (I can't believe I forgot his name. Has it been that long?)
Quote:
Also I noticed that if you cross classes like Soldier/Consular or Scourndrel/Guardian it actually creates a weaker character.
QFE.
"Gee, what's the best way to completely negate class bonuses?"
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #18
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I actually stopped doing this after discovering the padawan mod. It's actually not too hard to do LS. DS is a pain, mostly because of the boss fight with the Hidden Bek guy (I can't believe I forgot his name. Has it been that long?)
I think it has, I can't remember his name either!

Though I can't bring myself to try a Padawan Mod, I just like having Taris be a Jedi-free zone. Of course if I took my l33t heavy blaster aresenal away that might change... hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightside Revan
In a computer game magazine I have read that the class soldier and consular should be the best to complete the game.
Please give me the writers address so I can go and school him on RPG's, Jay and Silent Bob style!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
mimic666
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker8813
dude, u shud use dexterity, then use blasters to get through taris. the dex gives good saves and good blaster use, then, once u get ur lightsaber, the game will use either dex or strength, which ever is stronger, to determine damage. i actually dont put any point into strength at creation.

had a spoiler, but i decided i didnt want to ruin it.
This guy is using Meelee Weaponry so Putting strength in the Character isn't a waste it gives you more power during Meelee Combat. Strength for power behind your attack and Dexterity makes it harder for your enemy to hit you so Dexterity for Defense. So he should put Strength and Dex first then everything else.
mimic666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #20
shocker8813
Rookie

i no that, im saying scrap the melee weapons, use blasters for taris. that way u get all the points ud put toward strength for other stuff. dex is better because not only does it help def, it gives combat damage for lightsabers. therefore, its more efficient to sacrifice melee weapon use on taris for better attribute allotment, and a better jedi later on.
shocker8813 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #21
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peff
soo : I fyou want to leave Taris as a level 2 / 3 something, you simply have to do as few quests and talk to as few people you manage ? And even make your main character to not attack ??
The easy way I have found to do it is to make Big Z your meat shield, Mission or Carth Pistols and you as the Grenadier.

Quote:
I think it has, I can't remember his name either!
Neither could I, so I looked up the name (Brejik) on Gamebanshee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
I cheated and played with Achilles Padawan Mod
I prefer

Roleplay Padawan Mod

Arátoeldar, please don't triple post, I have combined your posts for you this time, please use the 'edit this' post feature to add content to your previous post, and copy and paste the seperate quotes into that. Thanks. -RH

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-09-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #22
Peff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
No, you can still do all the quests and keep your xp points for later. Just don't use the level up screen.
doh ! I forgot that !
I tried that and now im on Dantooine as a lvl 2 scoundrel and lvl 7 jedi consular ^^

yay
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Taris help