lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Clone pilots are aiming impaired?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #41
Darth Ru
Lurker

There is an explanation for the clone's lack of space combat proficiency. And although never really explained in the movies, the recent Starwars game, Battlefront II, in its cut scenes, explains that the republic clones didn't have enough pilots, so many of the pilots where actually ground combat troops that where pressed into filling pilot roles and given crash courses in space combat. Their clone training didn't really cover space combat or was glazed over in favor of the ground combat. When we see the clone trainging/growing facility on Kamino in AOTC I don't remember seeing any of the clones doing space fighter simulations, which I thought was kind of odd. But there you have it, most of the pilots wheren't really pilots at all. Its like taking a marine that has been trained to hold his own with a squad and saying hey we don't have enough pilots, here read this manual on how to fly an F-16 and get up there and take out some MIGs.
Darth Ru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #42
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

well, actually its the weaponary design's fault.

If droid fighters are always cramped together, then weaponary with AoE effect would work on them more efficiently. So it would only be reasonable if they have some "time bomb" like weapon dropping out from the tail of those arc 170s
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #43
Elukka
Rookie

Well, if the Republic were to use weapons like the Slave 1's bomb, the Droid fighters probably wouldn't be flying cramped together.

Last edited by Elukka; 05-09-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Elukka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #44
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
Well, the reason they died is probably that they really couldn't hit every fighter in the swarm of droid fighters.

The Jango Fett clones were extremely...elite and well trained. The Imperial Stormtrooper ranks are filled from new recruits or their clones. The clone pool got diluted. They are not as good.

- Majin Revan

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #45
JoesGuy
Rookie

Let's just say the shear numbers of Vulture Droids pwnd those clone pilots. =D
JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #46
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
They're better than those TIE retards.
MC, they are those TIE retards

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #47
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Actually that whole sequence was badly made, some dogfights would have been nice. :|

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #48
JoesGuy
Rookie

I know what you mean Pho3nix. It was to centralized around Ani and Obi.
JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 AM   #49
St. Jimmy

It'd be cool if they made like, an extra scene that follows a squad of clones for a bit during a battle.

The following tale of alien encounter is true and by true, I mean false. Its all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no.
St. Jimmy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #50
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
This is how I see it. Lucas made it so that clones were only good sometimes, he made it so Stormtroopers stink at shooting and die way to fast, He never showed any blood or gore during any battles (which ticks me off). The way I see it he messed up 1,2,3, and 6. I love the movies but I have to admit that he should have considerd more things when making the movies.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Clone pilots are aiming impaired?