lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Saberlock crashing host problem.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
Tapela
Rookie

Saberlock crashing host problem.

Recently I downloaded 0.0.5 version of OJP enhanced version and not long after actually entering in a duel i got into a saberlock with a friend and it crashed me (host). However he simply lost connection and his ja client did not crash. I figured maybe it could be a model problem or something but we tried using different models and taking all player created models off and did it again this time with him hosting to see if it was just me, sure enough his client crashed and i lost connection. Is this a known bug, from reading around it doesnt seem to be but i can't be quite sure do saberlocks just not work with OJP?

Few things to note : the crashes still happen with 0.0.6 now. I can't be quite sure why it crashes all i know is that there is alot of fps slow down and JA terminates to desktop with an option to send an error report to microsoft. I have 1.01 JA version so i think its patched fully least to my knowledge (again i havent played in awhile). Thanks in advance for any light shed on this issue, the mod is fun without saberlocks but they kind of increase tension a bit and make it overall more enjoyable.
Tapela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

hmmm, I honestly haven't seen the saberlocks work for several versions but they just don't activate rather than crash the server (at least in my experience). What are your settings for the saberlock related cvars?

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Vruki Salet

I couldn't get saberlocks to work in OJP even with g_debugsaberlocks on! Weird...

Anyway saberlocking has been know to cause crashes in online play for basejka. It's not necessarily an OJP problem but a JKA problem.
Vruki Salet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
Tapela
Rookie

I see thanks to both of you for clearing that up I was just worried that we were missing another cool feature of OJP. That brings up a question if you don't mind, will saberlocks possibly be implemented into OJP someday?
Tapela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 AM   #5
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Of course, I just haven't figured out what the problem is yet.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2006, 02:35 AM   #6
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorace
Of course, I just haven't figured out what the problem is yet.
MovieBattles 2 has had the same problem with their former saberlocks and they removed them for B17. However, They are apparently convinced that the problem is fixed and they will be using Keshire's saberlock animations for B18. You might want to ask them about it if this is still the case. It's probably a different problem, but maybe it will give you some ideas about what to look for.

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #7
Vruki Salet

Cool. I saw one of those in a video once and was very impressed.
Vruki Salet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Saberlock crashing host problem.