lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MC: AotE: Old Friends and New Jobs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #41
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
"Ten or fithteen minutes," Jack replied, he was taking a quick nap in his piolt chair. He didnt even open his eyes to speak to her "Sometime between them."

Make love, not toast.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #42
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Jana thanked him and told Nic. Then she headed to her room to rest as much as she could before they got to Alderaan.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #43
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Cloud walked in the hallway. He continued to wander until he found Nic. "I have 2 questions for you, Nic." Cloud started. "1: What starport are we going to land at? 2: Anything else wrong with the ship?"

Freakin' sweet!
ExtreamJedi12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #44
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Following Nic, Ryshana headed down the ladder. Ryshana started to say something, but she sensed Cloud coming over and realized that he was probably looking for Nic. Whenever Cloud arrived, Ryshana finally managed to get a good look at Cloud for the first time.

Not bad. A bit short, and that is some wierd hair... she thought to herself.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2006, 03:29 AM   #45
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"We'll be landing at the Capital and I pay you to look for things that are wrong." Nic answered purposefully cutting it short as he needed to talk to Ryshana in private. "I think Beryl has a problem with the headhunter, you may need to see her."
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #46
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

"Alright." Cloud said before leaving. He looked around the ship until he found Beryl. "Nic said you might need help wih the Headhunter."

Freakin' sweet!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:31 AM   #47
starmark2k

As cloud left Nic turned back to Ryshana. "O.K now you're on my crew we need to go throug a flew rules, Firstly we need to get you a better Alias and you need to keep all your jedi abilities to a minimum, i don't want you reading my crews minds . Secondly It's my ship and what i say goes, when i'm not here Janas in charge and when she's not here Jack is. I'll get Jana to stick you on the domestic roster, You're going to earn your keep, we don't give free rides here... In exchange we will keep you hidden from the Imps and i'll give you a cut from our jobs if you help us on them."
Old 02-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #48
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"Nic said you might need help with the Headhunter."

Beryl sat up in her bed and stared blankly for a moment at Cloud, who was standing impatiently by the open door to her room.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you to knock?” she said grumpily. Still half-asleep, she threw off the covers, and sighed as she sat up. Wearing only her tank top and underwear (as she had been sleeping), she grabbed her trousers from the hook by the bed and began to put them on.

“What?” she said, pausing to look up at Cloud as she did the final button and began to secure her belt. “Never seen a woman get dressed before?” She snorted, as she picked up one of her boots. “I find that hard to believe.”

Even though Cloud was quite a bit younger than she was, he was still a good looking guy. In her opinion, not one who would ever find it difficult to attract a person of the opposite sex if he wanted to. She imagined that he might be one of those ‘girl in every starport’ kind of guys, though she had never really pursued the issue with him. His private affairs were just that. Private. And she had no real wish to pry.

As she went to grab the other boot, she paused again. “Wait a minute…. Did you say ‘Nic’ said I need help with the Headhunter?” She closed her eyes and groaned. So Nic knew. Great. No doubt she’d have some explaining to do later, too.

Second boot on, she stretched her arms over her head, then quickly ran her fingers through her short blonde hair to get rid of the ‘just-fell-out-of-bed’ look.

“Ok, here’s the deal,” she said, approaching Cloud. “The tracking computer is fried. And I mean fried. The components are all fused together in one big, solid lump. There is absolutely no way of repairing it. I need a new one. Not that I use the darn thing much, but it’s helpful sometimes in seeing what’s coming up from behind, you know?

“Anyway, I managed to reroute the circuits around it and back to the main. So, as far as the main computer is concerned, tracking is just offline. But there’s also another small problem. The hole in the nose cone. I’ve patched it as best as I could, and to anyone else it probably looks ok, but to me it looks like....” She shook her head. “Sorry. I need coffee before I can swear properly. Let’s just say it looks ‘bad.’ Very bad. Probably good enough to hold up in deep space, but I doubt it would hold up with any G’s pulling on it. And if it becomes exposed, no telling what sort of debris would get in there and chew up the rest of the circuits.

“So, if you think you can help me with that, then great. But I need coffee first.” She moved past him and headed towards the common room.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 02-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #49
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

"Don't worry about me Captain; I can pull my weight around here. I won't get in the way, and you won't have to worry about me in a pinch," Ryshana replied. "Besides, you'll find a Jedi is useful in more ways than one."

Old 02-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #50
starmark2k

"Good to hear." Nic said with a smile. "Come on let's go see Jana, i'm sure we'll be at alderaan soon."

Nic began to walk up the ladder.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #51
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Well, this should be interesting. I'm not really interested in the money like Jeez would've been, but I think this crew should be pretty good, Ryshana thought to herself. Turning around, Ryshana headed up the ladder behind Nic.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #52
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
Jack heard beeping from the computer consel, he leaned foward and started working. The echo pulled outside of hyperspace right infront of Aldrenaan, the engines fired up and the ship speeded toward the planet below.

Inside the ship, Jack shouted out,for the slow "We've arrived at Aldrenaan!"

Make love, not toast.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #53
starmark2k

Nic felt the ship drop out of hyperspace as he got off the ladder. This was probably due to the fact that Cloud had to replace the grav dampaners, he asked for them but Nic just kept saying 'tell me when it's broke." He heard Steven shout and then the Alarm went off.

Nic ran straight to the Bridge and looked the sensors "Oh <twi'lek Curse>,we've got a fleet of Imps just out of there sensor range." Nic said confidant that Clouds modifications made their sensors vastly superior.

((o.k Steven i know Wild has something planned, so don't land or cause the ship get into trouble with the imps unless Wild says otherwise.))
Old 02-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #54
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"We've arrived at Alderaan!" Jack’s voice came over the comm.

“Finally,” Beryl said out loud. Having drunk her coffee, and with her head now beginning to clear, Beryl left the common room and headed down the corridor to Engineering section. True, she knew the principals of repairing engines and electronics, but Cloud knew the techniques. She hoped that he would still want to help her repair the Headhunter’s nose cone after being so abrupt with him earlier.

He was struggling to keep the faulty grav dampners on line.

"Need some help?" she offered, and stepped in to lend him a hand. After a moment of frantic adjustments from both of them, she said, "You know, I’m sorry that I snapped at you earlier. I was cranky because I haven’t had much sleep. I really could use your help in repairing the Headhunter. And scrounging up some replacement parts in port. You’ve got some contacts here in Alderaan, right?”

Old 02-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #55
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Jana went up to the cockpit and looked out at the planet. Then, she frowned. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, one of the screens started displaying a list of ships, all in orbit between them and the planet. Jana glanced over the screen and paled.

"Imperials," she breathed. She turned and yelled, "Nic!"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 02-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #56
starmark2k

Nic looked at Jana "I know." Nic said already aware of the situation. "I think we need a change of plans? We don't stand a chance of geeting through all those ships unnoticed."
Old 02-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #57
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Jana nodded. "Right... we go somewhere else. Sell them to someone else who's got a somewhat less 'interesting' crew. We don't know they're here for us, but we don't want to take chances."

The ship rocked slightly as Riebe's fighter detached from it. She hailed them and Jana flicked the switch, staring in astonishment as the little fighter dove straight for the Imperial fleet.

"They are here for you," Riebe said. "You might want to leave before they see you."

((Here, we might have some kind of malfunction that delays our departure for a minute or so.))

My work in progress:

Old 02-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #58
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

"First, appology ascepted." Cloud told Beryl. "Second, I would like to appologize for barging into your room like that." Cloud may have loved Aerith more than life, but in the back of his mind, he had a crush on Beryl. He always thought she was the type that liked rich guys, not mechanics. He never pryed into the issue. "Third, I do have contacts on Aldeeran. I have a starport full of them. They could scrounge some parts."

Freakin' sweet!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #59
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Beryl smiled at Cloud. "Thanks," she said. "And I'm not upset about you coming into my room. Just as much my fault for not locking the door, I expect."

The ship rocked slightly as Riebe's fighter detached from it.

Beryl raised an eyebrow. "We must be close. That was SithHunter detaching from the...." Staring over Cloud's shoulder, she frowned suddenly. "Erm...Cloud? When that second red light on the left on the stabliser control panel is flashing rapidly, doesn't that mean that...?"

The ship suddenly lurched sideways. Beryl and Cloud were both knocked off their feet, and then they heard the sublight engines shut down.

"Aw, for the love of...." Beryl being the one on top, she stretched her arm over Cloud to the panel behind him and pressed the override button to restart the engines. "I hate those automatic safety protocols," she said to Cloud, as she struggled to her feet. She smiled. "Don't you?"

Old 02-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #60
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Jana gripped the back of the copilot chair as the ship rocked slightly. A sudden thought struck her and she stared after Riebe's departing fighter. "Did she..." she began. Then, she reached for the intercom. "Cloud, is everything alright down there?"

My work in progress:

Old 02-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #61
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

"Yeah, I do." Cloud said to Beryl. He herad Jana ask if evrything was alright. "Yeah, everything's fine." Cloud said over the intercomm. "Just a few more ajustments."

Freakin' sweet!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM   #62
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Ryshana looked up as she approached the cockpit. Something was very, very wrong, and Ryshana could feel it coming towards them. "Its too late; they're already on the way," Ryshana stated.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:07 AM   #63
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Jana barely heard Ryshana's words as she watched Riebe's fighter flying straight toward the Imperial fleet, undaunted. "What's she doing?" she murmured. Then, she saw the movement in the Imperial fleet that Ryshana had mentioned. She hit the intercom again. "Those adjustments better be fast."

She swore under her breath. "Here we were, just letting her hitch a ride," she fumed. "And this is how she repays us? Alert the fleet and cause us to malfunction so they can get us?"

She pounded a fist against the nearest wall in frustration as Riebe's ship vanished untouched into the Imperial fleet. Through the intercom, she yelled, "Get done... five minutes ago!"

It was highly unusual for Jana to become so flustered she actually yelled at the crew.

My work in progress:

Old 02-14-2006, 05:56 AM   #64
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Still in Engineering, Beryl hit the comm button on the wall to respond to Jana, as Cloud was busy making the adjustments on the tempermental and touchy engines in prep for restart. Safety protocol restarts always took a minimum of three minutes. They were designed that way on purpose, to allow time to examine for other problems and avoid engine blowout if there were.

"We had a 'safety' restart," she said in response to Jana. "It'll be at least three minutes. There's nothing Cloud can do about it."

She then took pause, and frowned. Sure the proximity alarms had sounded, but Beryl had basically ignorned them as it was a fairly standard occurrance when approaching any Imperial controlled planet. But Jana had yelled. Actually yelled. Something wasn't right. Jana's style was normally more subtle than that.

"Jana, what's going on out there anyway?" Beryl asked into the comm.

Last edited by JasraLantill; 02-14-2006 at 07:58 AM.
JasraLantill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 AM   #65
starmark2k

Nic continued looking over the sensors. As the sublight Engines had malfunctioned they were only moving slightly due to moment and that was in completely the wrong direction, they were heading towards the Imperial fleet. He moved over to the intercom and almost pushed Jana out of the way. "We're going up <sullutian Curse> creek without a Paddle." Nic said knowing the analogy was almost literal. " We need more powers to the thrusters so we can atleast turn around."

Nic turned back to Jack. "The second we can move, plot a cource for Corellia, It's Not to far, an hours flight at most."

((@Wild- if you want me to edit the post so we don't go to corellia let me know.))
Old 02-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #66
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Ryshana heard the words from the crew, but she didn't understand a word of them. Instead, she was concentrating on a presence that was slowly coming closer. Looking at the viewer, she noticed one of the ships in the Imperial fleet stood out almost as if the others weren't even there. Someone is on that ship. Someone very powerful in the Force...

"Captain, this may be a good time to start preparing for a welcoming party. If we get boarded, there's a good chance that they'll know who I am. And if that happens, I wouldn't count on the mercy of an Imperial Captain as your saving grace," Ryshana stated.

Ryshana wasn't afraid, but she wasn't really ready for a fight. And that was what made her a bit nervous.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #67
starmark2k

"No offence my force-sensitive friend, but if we don't get into hyperspace A-Sap we'll proberly be dead before the days out." Nic said without turning around to busy ensuring the Sensor Jammer was on full power, so the Imperial ships couldn't get a positive ID. "And no amount of armed blasters pointing out the air-lock will help. Stormtroopers have a tendancy to shoot first and not to even bother asking questions."
Old 02-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #68
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Corellia's fine... maybe we'll stop by to see Jana's parents ))

Forcing herself to calm down, Jana took a deep breath. "Three minutes?" she said, shaking her head slowly. She pointed to the oncoming Imperial ship. "They'll be on us sooner than that."

She took over the intercom again and said, "If you can cut down on that time, it would be a very very good and happy thing. Our hitchhiker seems to have betrayed us."

Turning to Ryshana, she said, "I wish I'd listened to you about her," she said. "How she betrayed the Jedi... she must have sensed you or she'd have no reason to strand us here where they can pick us up."

She stared out toward the fleet again. "And now she's in there, alive and unharmed."

Swearing under her breath, she moved to leave the cockpit.

My work in progress:

Old 02-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #69
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"We're going up <sullutian Curse> creek without a Paddle!" Nic said. "We need more powers to the thrusters so we can at least turn around."

Beryl frowned and turned to Cloud. “Cloud, I know it’s a bit risky, but see if you can reroute the auxiliary power through to the thrusters. It sounds like we’re in trouble.”

"If you can cut down on that time, it would be a very very good and happy thing. Our hitchhiker seems to have betrayed us,” said Jana.

Beryl’s forehead wrinkled in disbelief. Tarla Vel? Super-instructor of the TCTA? A betrayer? No way!

“Sorry. No way to hurry the restart timer,” Beryl said in to the comm. She looked at the restart timer as it counted down. “Two minutes, twenty six seconds.” She paused. “And you’re wrong, Jana. No way would Tarla betray us! She helped us with those Imps before. She wouldn’t just bail on us now.”

Old 02-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #70
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

"Nobody said that we had to fight. Take me out of the picture, and they don't have a reason to do anything to us, right?"

Old 02-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #71
starmark2k

"Think about Ryshana, If they board us and don't find you, knowing you were here thanks to our Hitchhiking friend overthere." Nic points to the Imperial fleet "what do you think they will do with us, Let us go on our merry way?" He said sarcasticly
Old 02-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #72
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

"Have you ever conducted an investigation?? You don't impound somebody based off of a witness. You impound somebody based on evidence. Even then, you can appeal to the local governors if they do impound you without evidence. Once that happens, you certainly stand a fair chance, especially since you would be impounded on Alderaan."

Old 02-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #73
starmark2k

Nic turns and looks at Ryshana. "Are we Living in the same Galaxy ,When it comes to Jedi, The Empire will do anything to get them, to get you. I don't feel like being tortured, i was tortured once before, didn't care much for it." Nic turns back to his console "besides how do you intend to leave the ship and escape, Go for a Swim in the Black perhaps?"
Old 02-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #74
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Ryshana thought for a second and remembered how she hitched a ride on an Imperial Lander during the very bold escape that she, the Commandos, and Jeez had come up with after Order 66 was issued. Getting in a spacesuit, she quietly latched onto an Imperial Lander and later snuck on board to steal her fighter from the Star Destroyer in orbit.

"You have spacesuits, right? It wouldn't be hard for me to wedge myself in a little nook outside. Besides, I have other abilities that can come into play as well," Ryshana stated.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #75
XoRRoX
Rookie

Suddenly Oliver arrives to Nic, with a rather unpleased face. "What is going on! I have work to do, and all people are shouting all the time! Can you tell me, sir?". Oliver lokked rather dizzy, but not drunk. Rather sick, actually.
XoRRoX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #76
starmark2k

((@stringerhs- I'm pretty sure Wildjedi intends for us to escape this, just so you know that your character outside proberly isn't a good idea.))

"O.k you can try and prep your spacesuit but be careful." Nic said just before XoRRox stormed in.
"What is going on! I have work to do, and all people are shouting all the time! Can you tell me, sir?"

Nic Turned his head back to Oliver "What's going on?.. What's going on?.." Nic Points out the front viewing window towards the Imperial Fleet and the ship thats heading towards them. "That's 'what's going on.'"

Nic goes back to the intercom "Beryl, Cloud would you two very much mind, getting you asses into top GEAR!!!" He said calmly with the exception of the last word which he shouted.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #77
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

((i figured. still, i'm just trying to stay in character as that is what a Jedi would probably do.))

Ryshana nodded quickly and headed back towards the cargo hold. Grabbing a suit near the airlock, Ryshana started to put it on when she remembered that it might be a good idea to have her lightsaber outside of her suit. Good thing this is a flexible model. Its nice when you don't have a set of big, clunky armour getting in the way, Ryshana thought for a moment.

Placing her lightsaber in one of the pockets, she finished putting on the suit. Waiting for situation analysis from Nic, she paused before she put on the helmet.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #78
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasraLantill
“Cloud, I know it’s a bit risky, but see if you can reroute the auxiliary power through to the thrusters. It sounds like we’re in trouble.”
"That might work." Cloud said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmark2k
"Beryl, Cloud would you two very much mind, getting you asses into top GEAR!!!"
"I'M WORKING ON IT! WE'RE ALL UNDER PRESSURE HERE CAPTAIN, SO SHUT UP AND LET ME WORK!" Cloud cooled off and said "Sorry about that, captain."

Freakin' sweet!
Old 02-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #79
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"She betrayed the Jedi, Beryl," Jana answered icily. "As Riebe Sothe, she betrayed them. Joined the Empire. Don't think for a second that she's incapable of turning on us now."

My work in progress:

Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #80
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Beryl shook her head. She still disagreed with Jana, but now probably wasn't the best time to argue about it. It didn't matter to her what name a person went by. Since the Clone Wars, a lot of people had changed names. But changing a name was easy. Changing the person inside was not. And the person she knew as Instuctor Tarla Vel, would never cave in to serving the Empire. Never. And it would take more than a word from Jana to convince her otherwise.

Beryl glanced at the timer again. "One minute, eight seconds," she said through the comm.

Turning to Cloud, she asked, "How's it goin'?" referring to his progress on the thrusters. "Anything I can do to help?" He was working in a very small area under a panel. Not much room to manuoever, but she offered her assistance anyway, just by way of some moral support.