lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: help please
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-11-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
james kidder2
Lurker

Question help please

I am trying to eliminate the irritating radio messages that constantly pop up while im in battle. Does anyone know how to do that? And, if not, where i can get the source code?
thanks
james kidder2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hi, (again).

1.) We don't have the source code.

2.) Eliminating the radio messages would be possible but you would have to remove all the generic strings from strings.txt, turn them off in the sound options menu and then remove all the mission specific messages from the *.tie mission files. So after all that work, days if not weeks, you'll have no messages. Frankly I'd leave them in, I find it helpful to know whats going on.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
james kidder2
Lurker

then how do you create new ships?
james kidder2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
The engine is over 15 years old, we know our way around certain parts of it. Ship creation is something we have gotten very good at, as is mission creation, we can also edit the image files for the hud and replace sound files but we can't do things like replace the hyperspca graphics or other animations, nor can we do animated textures or s-foils.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Editing Corner > help please