lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Boba Fett Lives!
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
Doctorjones
Rookie

Boba Fett Lives!

According to Star wars Expanded Universe after Boba Fett falls into the Mouth of the Sarlacc he does not die. The Story says That after several days Boba eventually Blasts his way out of the beasts belly. He is then supposedly rescued by a fellow bounty hunter called Dengar. But i've also heard somewhere that GL meant for that to be Boba's end. Any thoughts?

Heres a pic:

Doctorjones is offline   you may:
Old 02-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Um yes old news he also resurected the madolorian ways and apparently might be playing a big part in the lotf series

Darth_Terros is offline   you may:
Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Doctorjones
Rookie

Smile

I know it's not exactly new but i wanted to see what people thought. If they liked the idea of him being killed or him surviving.
Doctorjones is offline   you may:
Old 02-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorjones
According to Star wars Expanded Universe after Boba Fett falls into the Mouth of the Sarlacc he does not die. The Story says That after several days Boba eventually Blasts his way out of the beasts belly. He is then supposedly rescued by a fellow bounty hunter called Dengar. But i've also heard somewhere that GL meant for that to be Boba's end. Any thoughts?

Heres a pic:

Actually, the original short story was based upon Boba Fett's experience in the Sarlacc. The end of the short story, Boba Fett does come out of the Sarlac, but he hits a set of controls in his helmet to summons his ship.
(Tatooine's Short Stories.)

In the book series "Bounty Hunter's Wars", Boba Fett is resuced from the Sarlacc pit by Dengar.

I think that it was a wise move on EU writers to bring him back. I thought George was short-sighted in killing him off. Boba's death in 'Return of the Jedi' was very cheap, and I am very glad that EU writers brought him back. Out of all the bounty hunters in the galaxy, the original Boba Fett character (Not Episode I), was/is the best rival to Han Solo.

I consider the Boba Fett novels to be the best of all EU. Unlike the Jedi, where they can summons the Force, Boba Fett is an average Joe that has to fall back on his general skills and instincts.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 02-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #5
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Very common EU knowledge Doctorjones, He plays a huge part in post ROTJ EU.
MacLeodCorp, Boba Fett is hardly an average joe, he's a lone mandalorian warrior, an replica of the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may:
Old 02-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Plus there was at least 4 Slave ships (Slave I, Slave II, Slave III, & Slave IV). Just thought I throw that out, since this is about Boba and he used the "Slave" ships.

@Doctorjones - Indiana Jones is da bomb!

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may:
Old 02-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Very common EU knowledge Doctorjones, He plays a huge part in post ROTJ EU.
MacLeodCorp, Boba Fett is hardly an average joe, he's a lone mandalorian warrior, an replica of the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.
I was refering to the fact that he does not have any mystical powers. He is a man surrounded by armor. Yes, he has skills that came form Mandalorian teachings. At the end, he doesn't have Jedi type powers. Otherwords, he is ordinary in comparison with the Jedi.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 02-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #8
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Dear O Dear. Boba Fett Lives threads suck...this is the n100th one

Check the EU FAQ next for further details, and answeres to similar such freiquently asked questions !

nothing new to be discussed....thus

closaged

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Boba Fett Lives!