lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Quality of EAW?
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
dragon_master
Lurker

Question Quality of EAW?

While we are all realy excited about the release of eaw, one must question the quality of the game. I've noticed that on the demo the graphics are not all that great.(And I have a realy good graphics card.) From the screenshots I have seen, I was lead to belive that the graphics are realy good. second, my computer shuts down whenever I try to run the demo. Just the demo. I have checked many times, and my computer doesn't have any virus's. Any comments?

dragon_master is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
Harbormaster
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_master
While we are all realy excited about the release of eaw, one must question the quality of the game. I've noticed that on the demo the graphics are not all that great.(And I have a realy good graphics card.) From the screenshots I have seen, I was lead to belive that the graphics are realy good. second, my computer shuts down whenever I try to run the demo. Just the demo. I have checked many times, and my computer doesn't have any virus's. Any comments?

Is there a question any where in there? It sounds like a pc problem to me, overheating maybe, no dx9 maybe. Why dont you give us your system specs and may be we could actually help you.

As far as the quality of the game, how can you comment on it if you haven't yet tried it? IMO the DEMO was one of the best demo's I've played in a long time. I can't comment on the full game cause it isnt out yet...
Harbormaster is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
dragon_master
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster
As far as the quality of the game, how can you comment on it if you haven't yet tried it? IMO the DEMO was one of the best demo's I've played in a long time. I can't comment on the full game cause it isnt out yet...
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. No I assure you MY video card is fine. It has no trouble with any other game program. JUST the DEMO. And as for the quality of the game I CAN question, because I HAVE played it.But while I'm playing it, it justs shuts down. I check the video card, and guess what?
It's just fine.

dragon_master is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Apocalypse|TFL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_master
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. No I assure you MY video card is fine. It has no trouble with any other game program. JUST the DEMO. And as for the quality of the game I CAN question, because I HAVE played it.But while I'm playing it, it justs shuts down. I check the video card, and guess what?
It's just fine.
Calm yourself. Sounds like you have a confliction issue. Try ensuring that ALL your drivers are uptodate, not just your graphic drivers, sound card/windows update/ dx/ mobo. Sometimes when a specific driver gets updated they can miss something trivial that usually causes a confliction of drivers, the typical outcome for this, is all or some games will just desktop after a varied but typically short amount of time.

As for the quality of the demo, It's an earlier build so the demo is not an accurate representation of the actual full retail release.

Apocalypse|TFL is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
GhOsT-Jedi
Rookie

Location: Past the outer rims of the universe training my sith armies.
I personly think that the graphics are very nice. But that is just me... Anyways, The demo and the full version are running two completly different things, I also believe that the full game was polished a littlebit more aswell.

GhOsT-Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
Crazyviking03
Rookie

Not that I don't think EAW has nice graphics, but there seems to be alot of fixation on graphics, when good graphics dont make a good game. For example, despite Rome: Total War's vastly superior graphics engine, a vast majority of the core Total War community believe that Medieval: Total War was the superior game because of several other aspects. So while EAW may not be graphicly on par with something like HL 2, I think we are looking at a very innovative RTS game.

-7th-Admiral Crazyviking03
Admiral of the 7th Fleet
ISD Bringer of War
http://www.freewebs.com/7th_fleet/
Forums: http://s15.invisionfree.com/7th_Fleet_Home_Base/
For the Empire
Crazyviking03 is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
shadowsfm

i remember when my computer would crash on a game, it turned out i had a curupt hard drive, or maybe the crashes coused the curuption. or maybe because star wars galaxies is so buggy it crashes. what ever
shadowsfm is offline   you may:
Old 02-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #8
DarthMaulUK

Im locking this.

Because the demo crashes on your PC doesnt make it the game. In 90% of problems, its the fact that people dont update their drivers. Have you installed the direct x9 from the demo? In order to get great graphics, yes a good card but also a good processor and RAM.

DMUK
  you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Quality of EAW?