lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Who's better?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #41
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3netx528
DUDE......UR A FROOOOON!!!
Dude, you're a flaming/spamming N00000b!!!
Keep it to yourself next time, I don't want to hear it.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #42
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Once again, I agree with PoiuyWired. The magna guards do need a total revemp in order make them fit the story. I think that they should be something like the jedi in the Knightfall and Imperial Diplomacy levels. I won't make the comparison to RC, if you know what I mean. lol
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2006, 10:40 PM   #43
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
i agree niner and every1 else
i think that they should be made into melee mostly guys

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #44
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner_777
Once again, I agree with PoiuyWired. The magna guards do need a total revemp in order make them fit the story. I think that they should be something like the jedi in the Knightfall and Imperial Diplomacy levels. I won't make the comparison to RC, if you know what I mean. lol
I beg the differ. I am personally fine with them. They are still rather effective.
But, they should have Electrostaffs and made more of a melee-type unit.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #45
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively) sure, its fun to sit behind a wall on mos eisly launching mortars in the air. never know, withh FF on you migh get a kill (-). and rockets... from pistols? common sense will never prevail!!!!! mwahahahahahaa

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #46
Redtech
Veteran

Well, I tend to buy games to play on my own. Otherwise, why not just copy Valve and just make it download only if it's only saving grace is that it's playable online?

Anyway, an autokill melee is pretty popular in Halo, no? I tend to like the revive ability, it's amusing, although sometimes it does get over used.

But I'm still a fan of an SBD as grunt class, because they aren't special enough to be "special." The Destroyer owns them in HP and Firepower for a start.

If anything, Stormtroopers are too rubbish to be a grunt class by your logic.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #47
Trouble
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_tyrant
who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively)

I play a lot of Galactic Conquest so I'm usually playing with all the classes. I found the Magna Guard to be quite effective in the close quarter areas of Polis Massa shooting down the long halls. I also like to use it on Kamino shooting down the ramps. The problem with the Magna Guard is the quick use of the ammo. On the maps I know I'm going to use him, I'll buy the supply bonus so it has extra ammo. On Kamino, I'll camp near an ammo droid. I've used Magna Guard a few times on Dagobah and am starting to like it there also, problem is though, once again, quick use of ammo.
Trouble is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #48
taclled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well, I really hope EU or something expand on things a bit on the color scheme(s) of CIS.

While they have only one scheme most of the time, we do not have a chance to see them functioning in other planets for real. while CIS's color is almost "multi-camo" I would expact them to have a different color on places like snow-planet??
come on guys the CIS dont have THAT much spare paint to paint there droids.
taclled is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #49
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_tyrant
who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively) sure, its fun to sit behind a wall on mos eisly launching mortars in the air. never know, withh FF on you migh get a kill (-). and rockets... from pistols? common sense will never prevail!!!!! mwahahahahahaa
I use them. The "Bulldog" is rather effective when you aim for the enemies feet and fire. It creates a sonicboom and takes 'em out. IMO, there better the Imp Oficer at least.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #50
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

They definitely can be used effectively. I just think that they could have made them fit the story better. Maybe they could have been fighting alongside Grievous in the Underground Ambush level, or maybe they could have been commanders in the Mustafar level. Something like that?
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Who's better?