lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sound problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
HomoUniversalis
Rookie

Sound problem

When I start up the game (full game), I hear my speakers make a poof, and than the sound (and music) no longer functions for the duration of the game, and during windows, until I restart my pc.
Now, this happened when I installed the patch, so I started a fresh install, but still got the same. I even reinstalled the demo, but that gets me the same.
I ran dxdiag and tried toning the sound down a notch, but that didn't work either.

Anyone have any idea on what I should do? Thanks!
HomoUniversalis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
DarthMaulUK

Reinstall direct x9c from the CD of your game - restart and keep your fingers crossed. If that still doesnt work, test the sound out on another game just to make sure its not your speakers

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
HomoUniversalis
Rookie

It worked! Thank you! Thank you! Just finished an imperial campaign, and am happy to report that we won't be seeing Mon Mothma no more :P

Thanks for your assistance!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
HomoUniversalis
Rookie

Ahem. It seems that the problem has returned, and re-installing Direct x isn't working either. I closed all open programs, including those from the task tray, but it still doesn't seem to work.. Puzzling.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
tieten
Lurker

I've got the exact same thing, and I tried reinstalling directX, but it didn't help.
I've also tested it on other games and there everything works perfect. I've got an onboard SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
tieten is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #6
HomoUniversalis
Rookie

I fixed the problem by reinstalling the software package of my integrated sound. Perhaps you could try that. Just run the setup, and click reinstall..

Most peculiar...
Old 03-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
dean_2036
Lurker

i have the same problem... i tried reinstalling direct x and my sound software but still nothing... I also have a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio... can someone please help.
dean_2036 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2006, 08:06 AM   #8
HomoUniversalis
Rookie

I can only suggest you uninstall and reinstall the whole sound package, including the drivers.

If that doesn't work, try contacting SoundMax, if you are still in your warranty, or LucasArts/Activision.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Admiral Z

Try to go into the volume controls within the game and set the controls to max.
Admiral Z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #10
dean_2036
Lurker

thanks heaps homouniversalis... it worked... your the man!!!
dean_2036 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Sound problem