lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Galactic map screen runs sloooowwwwwwwwww.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-20-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
maxpacker
Lurker

Galactic map screen runs sloooowwwwwwwwww.

Loving the game so far, but the galactic map screen starts out fast, then gets slower, and slower for each planet I conquer. I'm in the middle of the empire campaign, and the screen is getting unbearably slow when scrolling around the map, I have maybe 10 or so planets. The space and land battles run ok. Anyone else having this problem?

System specs:

Athlon xp "barton" core 2.1ghz
Geforce 6800nu 128mb agp 83.90 forceware drivers
2gb memory
nvidia soundstorm audio
Windows xp sp2 fully updated
maxpacker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
MDD
Lurker

I am :/

I thought maybe i need more RAM seeing as i only have 512mb and for most games its better to have 1gb now, but you have 2gb so maybe its not a hardware issue!
MDD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 02:45 AM   #3
roachmojo
Lurker

I also have two gigs of ram and you'll notice that if you pause the game, the map smoothess out...adn this is just like the slowdowns in space battles.

Fix the ****ing game now!!!

Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/Antec TruePower 430W PSU | Asus P4C800-E BIOS 1016 w/ 2GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 | P4 3.0c @ 3.15Ghz w/ Swiftech MCX4000 HS and ThermalTake Smart Fan II | 2-Western Digital Raptors in Raid 0 | e-Geforce 6800 Ultra 78.01 w/ Viewsonic G810-2 | Creative SB Audigy 2 Platinum w/ CL inspire 6.1 6600 speakers | XP Professional SP2
roachmojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Galactic map screen runs sloooowwwwwwwwww.