lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I need a little help with modding if you may...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Executence
Lurker

I need a little help with modding if you may...

Hello, Im trying to get the Ventaor in the game, and to mod in general. I have downloaded the XML extractor neededo make changes/modifications in the game. I also have created a file called XML in the Gamedata/data directory. However, when I copy and paste the XML file Uniqueunits.xml for example into the folder, the game will not start. It goes to the first screen and then back to the desktop. Im a beginner when it comes to this stuff, but would love to make the changes I want to make.. What are the steps I need to do to:
1) Get those XML files into the XML folder to override the MEG files and run the game.
2) If I want to add the Venator as seen in the demo, how can I copy and paste those values into the full version from Braynts Mod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it would help me add/change things in the future.
Thanks!

PS How can you take "override" off these threads when I write?
Executence is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
dookie23
Rookie

hiya, well the most simple way to do it is by replacing the model of a existing one.
dookie23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > I need a little help with modding if you may...