lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Omeewan's Clones
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #121
Cuillere
Rookie

the most important thing in skinning, it to enjoy yourself, the rest doesn't matter, no matter what anyonelse may think...

You have my persmission to reskin my Cody Omee. (I can send you the *.PSD if you want.)
Cuillere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #122
RevanSithLord

Location: Overviewing the constructions of the new STAR FORGE
Culliere, I love your Cody. And is the swampspeeder on hold? Just was curious, I may need it soon...MAY. :P It looks awesome too! I also saw Inyri modelled a Tri-fighter and a Barc Speeder. (didnt see the speeder yet, sounds awesome though).

I also just wanna ask... Omee, are you doin ok with the clones? Have ya started mine yet? It's ok if ya didn't start..take your time! Just if ya can, send some work in progress pics. Im just saying, I dont wanna push ya or anything....

PS- LOL SAVING PRIVATE WINDU....

Passion of the Trooper... Lol

Clonetalkers (instead of Windtalkers) Lol. Umm...Ill have to come up with some more funny war movies. That.. actually should be General, but Saving General Windu could be a cool movie. We just need a good Star Wars version of Omaha beach and Alpha-77 is leading clones up the beach and...:P Anyway... LOL

RevanSithLord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #123
omeewan

Thanks Cuillere, I appreciate your support and I agree with you about having fun. I love to do what I do. I don't think I'm going to re-skin Cody- Your skin is pretty much right on. I will be making a different commander using the visor though.

Revan my skins might be a little delayed... pm me and I'll explain. Or if you want read the page right before this...

Basically- I'm going to reskin the models again from scratch so that I won't be accused of stealing.
omeewan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #124
Zappa_0
JOM Director

But still you shouldnt let that little prick get to you. And when are you plan on posting over at the viod? just curious.

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #125
omeewan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa_0
But still you shouldnt let that little prick get to you. And when are you plan on posting over at the viod? just curious.
where is the link to that thread?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #126
Zappa_0
JOM Director

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Hapslashs...ic=1274&st=260

Old 03-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #127
omeewan

posted it.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #128
RevanSithLord

Yea, I respect the hell out of the makers too, but I think they need to calm the freak down.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #129
omeewan

I just think it was really rude for people to say some of those things. I spend countless hours on my pc working on this when I could be doing other things. I always give credit and say wherever I got something when I use other textures in my work, and as far as that's concerned- that is not stealing.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #130
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yes it really was.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #131
Jackel

Omeewan so far I have liked the work that you have done. I know the JA modders do this differently but over at the Holowen Labs (Kotor modders area, pop over we like good skinners!) we have a rule about using others skins without getting permission. So I can see where Ruku was coming from. Even if you just used it as a base that to us is basically stealing the work and giving credit in the readme isnt enough. Infact when that happens the original author can get the mod using their stuff without permisison taken down.

Not trying to flame you, just stating that sometimes its easier to save a flame war and bitterness between modders by saying to someone "hey mate can I use such and such as a base for some skins?" Ruku seems a decent bloke and probably would have said yes (ok he might not have but its to late to find out now.)
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #132
RevanSithLord

Yea I know right. They should know better. You spend countless hours making these awesome.... (Orgasmic LOL) creations, and then you get flamed for being a great skinner. You're doing this for a hobby, and it seems like they want to pick on the guy making better skins than them, well I mean, better thought out ones as in new creations. These are your own, and you shouldnt be getting griped at for showing your awesome talents. This is the internet, you can post anything you want, and no one can freakin stop you. It's called freakin civilian rights. So what if you used Ruku's clean clone as a base, jeeze, some people. I'd hate to say it, but they kind of are talking out of their butts... no offense, but it's just they need to cheer. Ok, with enough of that said, Omee, just work at your own pace. I dont wanna rush you...well maybe I do... (lol hehe) but, you know. :P I just love your clones, and I'd love to play with these soon. And Ill definatly use it in my movie series. Oh and if you have the extra spare time, I need a couple of skins made. They are ex-clones, one of them, Mort, and the other one, the Traitor, Commander Morkov. Morkov betrayed Mort, and left him stranded on Kashyyyk. Ill get screens up soon. You dont have to, but I'd think it be cool. Just use the Clone's heads from these, but you may need to like, retexture them, as in give them different features... Ill just post the screens and see what you think.

Sorry to ask so much of you... lol

EDIT- Scratch that Omee, I think I'll do these. I dont want to put more pressure on you dude. I dont want you end up leaving because of all this pressure. Im sorry dude. Im just excited is all...but you know...

Last edited by RevanSithLord; 03-02-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #133
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Well jackel this community is different I believe. Somewhere in the LA Eula it says all mods when released becomes property of LA. And plus Ruku made those skins for TEAM VM and then left. So then all his property is now TEAM VM's and can be used any way that is needed. All Ruku wants to do is try to cause trouble. If you look at his endor soldier thread here, he pretty much started crying and ran off to the void when I was telling him this is a new skin and not a new model. Anyways lets get things back to business.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #134
RevanSithLord

Yep. That's true Zappa. Anyway, enough of that. Let's talk about clones. And I think Omee is using a great site for his clone reference. Yea you hear that Omee? :P hehe. I will totally have to post that story of mort so everyone here knows more about him, when I find it, I will post it here in this edit. Maybe a long read....

Old 03-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #135
omeewan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel
Omeewan so far I have liked the work that you have done. I know the JA modders do this differently but over at the Holowen Labs (Kotor modders area, pop over we like good skinners!) we have a rule about using others skins without getting permission. So I can see where Ruku was coming from. Even if you just used it as a base that to us is basically stealing the work and giving credit in the readme isnt enough. Infact when that happens the original author can get the mod using their stuff without permisison taken down.

Not trying to flame you, just stating that sometimes its easier to save a flame war and bitterness between modders by saying to someone "hey mate can I use such and such as a base for some skins?" Ruku seems a decent bloke and probably would have said yes (ok he might not have but its to late to find out now.)
Thank you Jackel. I see where Ruku is coming from too, but he could have asked me about it. I haven't released any of this work, and I didn't plan on releasing it until I had his OK on it. I was under the impression that I was working on this as a group project- I thought Ruku was still part of the team and did not think it was offensive towards him.

By the way, Holowan labs is awesome, I have all of your mods installed!!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #136
RevanSithLord

I agree, Holowan labs is awesome! (hi-5 Omee!) Lol. If only I had my KOTOR 2 back on my comp. :/ OOh, you know what Omee? This isnt a request really, just an idea to ponder about... what would a Royal Guard Clone look like...hmm... well I mean, how cool would that be? And...eh, Lol. I dunno. But keep up the great work!

By the way- TOTALLY OFFtopic, but, Omee, do you want your own theme song?

Old 03-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #137
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Nope Ruku left about 2 months ago. When he did all his work went to Marz and Team VM.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #138
omeewan

My own theme song, lol. Funny...don't know what it would be like...

Hey speaking of which...not that I am jumping ship, but is skinning for KOTOR anything like JKA?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #139
RevanSithLord

I have no idea...I think it is, not sure....but anyway, take your time with the clones! As I said, I will do Mort and Morkov, but if you must insist you can try out too, later. I mean, if you want, Im not requesting you do (though I think you'd do way better than my attempt) But Ill do mine, and if it sucks, I guess Ill PM to you that, "Hey this sucks, wanna have a go?" LOL

Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #140
omeewan

LOL, np dude. What model would you use for them though? Mort doesn't look do-able with any current models.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #141
Zappa_0
JOM Director

I told him mort could probally be done with the KOTOR Canderous model and Morkov maybe KOTOR Bandon. But they are ported models.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #142
RevanSithLord

Yea, so only used for personal stuff. So. I was also thinking of using Carth for Mort...dunno for sure though.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #143
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Carth doesnt have the jacket type thing. I think Canderous does though. There might be another nonported model out there too that has that jack like you want it in the pic.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #144
Buffy
Forumite

Post Carth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all KOTOR models in JA but only I dont have real looks Carth !
please make Carth too !!! also Aton too !!!

Buffy The Sith Slayer
If you want to change your life?
http://www.sgi-usa.org/
= Buffy The Jedi Knight =
Buffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #145
RevanSithLord

Oh? You want atton huh? Well, thank god Zappa emailed them to me... Ill forward them to you. I just need your email address, I think Zappa might give it to me. Ill gladly send you the Carth Onasi and Atton to you. I also have Bandon, Dustil, etc. Wardroid. It's all good.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #146
omeewan

Things seem to have been smoothed over a bit with Ruku and me, and I'm glad. I don't like having enemies. I'm still making my own clone skin, not because I'm pissed off, but because I just want to give it a try and see how it comes out.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #147
RevanSithLord

Ok. Omee, I hope I am helping you alot here. :/ If not, that's ok, I still will praise your skins no matter what! I just hope Im giving you something in return. I dont mean to be rude by posting a pic of a skin of mine here, wanna see? Full credit goes to you for the fisto though. Without this, this guy wouldn't be possible.

I thought I'd give a composite Fisto a try, this may suck cause it's like a first attempt to put armor on something that didn't in the first place...

He's going to be one of the Station Gamma Soldiers in my story. (Actually, he and alot of others Raided Station Gamma to take control.)

Any suggestions?

To be precise, he's an Aphotic. That's the rank atleast I saw in Galaxies.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #148
omeewan

Not too bad, I would just tweak the textures a bit until they match up. Also, the legs do look a bit wierd, but that's because it's armor on top of skin. All in all, I don't think it's too bad, just needs some more time put into it and some more work.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #149
RevanSithLord

Yea. Practice is good. That's all I need to do. Im trying to tweak it around. :P

Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #150
omeewan

Anyhow, to get back on topic...

Buffy:I really, really like those last screenshots. I'll be sending my new textures for the clones by sunday at latest.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #151
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Revan dont tell me you sent them to her, I wanted to bargin with her for maybe a pic of herself or a date for the models. Now you just ruined it all Revan thanks alot! And on a more serious note. Im glad you settled things for now, but if I know Ruku he isnt done yet. And Revan that looks wierd. Maybe you should go take to Maurox or Max, I think his name started with a M. Well anyway that guy posted on JOM forums about head trading jedi custom models. That could work for what you are needing.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #152
RevanSithLord

Dont screw with a Jedi master.

Anyway... Omee, keep up the great work.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 AM   #153
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Revan I believe that was best said by Mark Hamill. Even thought you said it nicer and forgot to add "son" to the end of it, I wouldnt suggest you saying it again. Leave it to the pro's and the Evil Villian of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #154
RevanSithLord

lol Ok.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:20 AM   #155
Jackel

OT completely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omeewan
Hey speaking of which...not that I am jumping ship, but is skinning for KOTOR anything like JKA?
Pretty much the same way of skinning. Most armours etc all use one base model and the uti files (items like different armours) call what texture to use rather then having .skin files.

But the big difference we don't have anything like a SDK. All the tools we have to use, from the extraction tools, to the item editors etc were all made by the community as modding for K1 and K2 isn't technically allowed. We are pretty much allowed to do what we want etc modify the exe files, port things from other games (including K1 stuff to K2 and vice versa)

Oh and if you want to check a skin as you make it. You better have the game disc in as you have to have the game running to check it. Load up the game, alt-tab out, play with the skin, alt tab back to the game repeat! repeat! repeat! Kind of annoying but does allow you to run around and make sure the skin isnt warping funny ont he model.

Anyway come over to the Labs and we can show you how better over there.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #156
Buffy
Forumite

Post omg you make me busy !!! thank you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanSithLord
Oh? You want atton huh? Well, thank god Zappa emailed them to me... Ill forward them to you. I just need your email address, I think Zappa might give it to me. Ill gladly send you the Carth Onasi and Atton to you. I also have Bandon, Dustil, etc. Wardroid. It's all good.
Zappa san thank you !!! I got all of them Im so Happy & busy with my Atton and Carth !!!
I dont post screenshot this time

Buffy The Sith Slayer
If you want to change your life?
http://www.sgi-usa.org/
= Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Last edited by Buffy; 03-03-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Buffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2006, 07:34 AM   #157
Zappa_0
JOM Director

NP Babe. Yea no screenshots probally be good. Dont wanna cause a stir for the model which was made by JK3Files own Inyri Forge. Which when Twingo confronted her on the forums Inyri banned him until 2016. Good example why people should work with PCGM and LucasFiles. Oh and almost forgot. Omee you should be able to upload your skin pack. Sergio removed somemore stuff so it should be able to hold a few new files for a few days. And woohoo im finally on offical spring break!

Last edited by Zappa_0; 03-03-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #158
omeewan

Sweet, before I upload it I'm going to correct some things I found. (Just a few glitches)

I am also going to wait until I hear from Hapslash to use the robes. Marz and Psyk0 already gave me the ok to use their models. Just waiting on that last permission from Haps.

Enjoy your spring break!! Mine isn't until the 20th.

P.S.- Can one of you guys send the KOTOR models (all of them) to me at the gmail account?

Buffy can you e-mail me some screens of them to work? I won't post -Just for my wallpaper LOL.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #159
omeewan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel
OT completely:

Pretty much the same way of skinning. Most armours etc all use one base model and the uti files (items like different armours) call what texture to use rather then having .skin files.

But the big difference we don't have anything like a SDK. All the tools we have to use, from the extraction tools, to the item editors etc were all made by the community as modding for K1 and K2 isn't technically allowed. We are pretty much allowed to do what we want etc modify the exe files, port things from other games (including K1 stuff to K2 and vice versa)

Oh and if you want to check a skin as you make it. You better have the game disc in as you have to have the game running to check it. Load up the game, alt-tab out, play with the skin, alt tab back to the game repeat! repeat! repeat! Kind of annoying but does allow you to run around and make sure the skin isnt warping funny ont he model.

Anyway come over to the Labs and we can show you how better over there.
Sounds good, I'll check it out. Kotor is my favorite game after all.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #160
RevanSithLord

Sorry I tried forwarding all of them, but my internet kept crashing for some reason. It's good you still have them all though!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Skinning > Omeewan's Clones