lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [FIC] The Adventures of Jolee Bindo
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #441
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
@ Pottsie--that's very kind of you to say that. I appreciate it much.

@Emperor D--Yep, it's set a little while after the end of Kotor 1.
Well, she certainly doesn't look like Yoda. The only similarity between me-Jae and story-Jae is the hair color. Otherwise, picture early 20's, strawberry blond/light auburn, can't remember eye color (probably blue or green), and pretty average human in every other way.
I figured Revan was out doing whatever he was doing in the Unknown regions, so he was a little too busy to drop by in this story, at least.

Edit: @Emperor D below--I forgot the smiley after the 'she certainly doesn't look like Yoda' initially. Didn't mean that to sound crabby.

Edit 2: and yes, a Yoda type in a dancer's outfit would be truly disturbing.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 08-23-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2006, 11:15 PM   #442
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Well, she certainly doesn't look like Yoda.
Of course, but if I think of the people here, I think of their avatars, and Jae in the story had the same name you're using...

The other half of the time I pictured her to look like a fairly average human with black hair and blue eyes.

Quote:
I figured Revan was out doing whatever he was doing in the Unknown regions, so he was a little too busy to drop by in this story, at least.
The First Jedi Purge was launched the same year Revan left for the Unknown Regions, so Jolee wouldn't have had enough time to train Jae and try training all those other Padawns.
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #443
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I looked back and she does have blue eyes.

Who knows? Maybe Jolee went into hiding with a few of them. He certainly knew Kashyyyk well enough to go back there and escape notice.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 08-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #444
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Who knows? Maybe Jolee went into hiding with a few of them. He certainly knew Kashyyyk well enough to go back there and escape notice.
It's quite possible, although Jolee doesn't seem like the type to abandon the galaxy when it's so unstable and the Sith are wiping the Jedi out. But did he survive? No LS player can say. We'll find out in KotOR III.

But whether he survived or not wasn't my point. I meant that it's impossible for this story to have taken place after Revan left for the Unknown Regions, hence my wondering of what he was doing doing when a Sith Lord was plotting mass genocide.

Quote:
Edit: @Emperor D below--I forgot the smiley after the 'she certainly doesn't look like Yoda' initially. Didn't mean that to sound crabby.
Smileys don't have that big an effect on how your message sounds.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #445
Renegade Puma

Current Game: Star Trek Online
I thought this took place after KOTOR I? I didn't realize Revan was already gone. Guess I missed that part. Meh, the best story I have ever read. I really don't care about this little technical difficulty.

Some other really awesome Fanfics: Hidden shades of grey By JasraLantill, The Adventures of Jolee Bindo By Jae Onasi[/size]
Renegade Puma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #446
Jae Onasi

Thanks for the comments, RP and Emperor D (I just can't bring myself to call you ED anymore, you know.... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
But whether he survived or not wasn't my point. I meant that it's impossible for this story to have taken place after Revan left for the Unknown Regions, hence my wondering of what he was doing doing when a Sith Lord was plotting mass genocide.
Yes, I set it shortly after the end of Kotor.
Well, to be honest, I didn't know about the Jedi purge after Revan left--I thought there was a gap between when Revan left and when Nihilis started Force-eating everything under the sun. That'll have to be a timeline error for us then.
I don't think Jolee would abandon the galaxy, but I don't think he'd be the suicidal Jedi and make himself a pointless sacrifice, either. If saving the Jedi or the galaxy meant hiding away and training in secret to protect what was left until they had a chance of surviving a fight, I think he'd do it.
That and Miraxton was very good at covering his tracks. A lot of serial murderers pretend to be decent upstanding people. They get away with their crimes for years because they take great pains to make sure no one suspects them. The BTK killer was a Cub scout leader and was active in the community (obviously in more ways than one). When he finally confessed, people were stunned because they just couldn't imagine that the person they knew as decent was really a vicious sociopath.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:46 PM   #447
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
(I just can't bring myself to call you ED anymore, you know.... )
Now, why would that be?

Quote:
Well, to be honest, I didn't know about the Jedi purge after Revan left--I thought there was a gap between when Revan left and when Nihilis started Force-eating everything under the sun. That'll have to be a timeline error for us then.
There is a gap between when Revan left and the Sith started their purge, but it's in the same year. The gap between Revan killing Malak and leaving for the Unknown Regions is a full year, so that's the one your story (or stories) could best fit into.

Quote:
I don't think Jolee would abandon the galaxy, but I don't think he'd be the suicidal Jedi and make himself a pointless sacrifice, either. If saving the Jedi or the galaxy meant hiding away and training in secret to protect what was left until they had a chance of surviving a fight, I think he'd do it.
None of the Jedi had any clue as to what was going on. I'm not sure if he would've been killed by the Sith or abandoned what he thought was a hopeless fight. Maybe he went to the Republic for protection like Bastila did? That's possible, but off-topic.

But I'm more curious as to how you can find his clothes in random places ranging from the belly of a tuk'ata to a locker on the Ravager.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:45 AM   #448
Renegade Puma

Current Game: Star Trek Online
Quote:
but I'm more curious as to how you can find his clothes in random places ranging from the belly of a tuk'ata to a locker on the Ravager.
It's called a random item generator You silly boy.

Some other really awesome Fanfics: Hidden shades of grey By JasraLantill, The Adventures of Jolee Bindo By Jae Onasi[/size]
Renegade Puma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #449
Jae Onasi

Naw, I think he just liked leaving little mementos of himself everywhere.

@Emperor D--I suppose I could set it in that year, and just declare that Revan was off fighting something else when my little band was uncovering the plot. I'd have to think about how to work Revan in a new story. Of course, all I have at the moment is an idea, anyway.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #450
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
@Emperor D--I suppose I could set it in that year, and just declare that Revan was off fighting something else when my little band was uncovering the plot. I'd have to think about how to work Revan in a new story. Of course, all I have at the moment is an idea, anyway.
It's quite likely that he was off fighting the Sith. They may have lost the Star Forge, their leader, and are fighting a civil war, but they still have all those ships and troops.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #451
Darth Jester
Rookie

[vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo[/vader]Well jae i have just finished the entire series (i missed bits and read back over it) congratulations, the suprising part was jolee mentioning HK47 (could the other droid have been a HK50 perhaps ) good luck with any more stories
Darth Jester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #452
Jae Onasi

Thanks, Darth Jester.

A revision of chapter 17 is up in the FIN version. I can't decide whether to change 17 in this thread, too.

Anyway, enjoy. Jiara made me work my butt off for this one, and I appreciate the help much.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #453
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Wow! Sorry it took me so long to get around to this. I haven't finished yet, but from what I've read.... this is good!!! The story is interesting and the characters seem very... life-like in thier actions and feelings. Great job!

(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #454
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Me too, i'm currently at Li'adin, and the story is emotional, sad, interesting, and among all, funny!
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2006, 06:29 PM   #455
Jae Onasi

Thanks!
@Niner--I was trying to make them life-like, so I'm glad I achieved that for you.
@Jason--I had more fun making up Jolee and Mik'oth lines than you could believe.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #456
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
That's nice to hear.

Anyways, here is a fan-made real life Bindo:

Here
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #457
DarthRevan73
Lurker

Jae I like this it was very well written And it was just like the the Jolee Bindo we know I give it a thumbs up
DarthRevan73 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #458
Jae Onasi

@Jason--that's a pretty darn good imitation.

Thanks DarthRevan73. I'm trying to keep Jolee's 'voice' as close to the game as I can.

I went ahead and updated ch. 17 in this thread, too. I'm working on revising ch. 18 and 19. Hopefully 18 will be done soon--Emperor Devon's made some suggestions and I have to send it off to Jiara again to check over the changes I made.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #459
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I'm glad to hear it. I hope you start working on the Sequel, since I'll have to take HK off RC and use him to threaten you to get that Sequel up. Anyway, I'm looking foward to whatever you're giving us next.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #460
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Emperor Devon's made some suggestions and I have to send it off to Jiara again to check over the changes I made.
"Some" suggestions? I've been typing you pages worth of stuff, and you call it "some"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Old 10-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #461
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Hey I would too considering I write thesis worthy papers and I am bored with the whole process.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2006, 08:54 PM   #462
Jae Onasi

Quote:
"Some" suggestions? I've been typing you pages worth of stuff, and you call it "some"?
Well, I guess 'some' is an understatement of the century in this case.

@JM12--boy, do I know the feeling of writing papers. Way too well.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #463
Jae Onasi

After reading through Jiara's edits and reams of comments from Emperor Devon (thank you both!), I finally got chapter 18 edited. 19 should also be up relatively soon, too.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #464
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Yeah. I think I will save it on my jump ring and read it whenever I need a good laugh when I am feeling down. Seriously Jae, I think you've got the scoop on Jolee Bindo. My humor streak runs into making fun of the characters like my 'free food' line.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #465
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
Yeah. I think I will save it on my jump ring and read it whenever I need a good laugh when I am feeling down. Seriously Jae, I think you've got the scoop on Jolee Bindo. My humor streak runs into making fun of the characters like my 'free food' line.
I loved that 'free food' line!
And I haven't forgotten about your story, either. I so need a Kirabaros fix....

Old 11-15-2006, 12:55 AM   #466
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
After reading through Jiara's edits and reams of comments from Emperor Devon (thank you both!), I finally got chapter 18 edited. 19 should also be up relatively soon, too.
You're welcome. Are you sending these to KFM?

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #467
Jae Onasi

Quote:
You're welcome. Are you sending these to KFM?
Yep, they go up on KFM, too. I started posting there quite a while after starting here, so it's a lot farther behind than here. Plus, you both make me work harder on the revisions than I did on the original chapters so it takes longer. Not that I mind too much--they come out quite a bit better with that help, and since they've improved and I like improved anything better, I thought I'd post them here, too.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 11-16-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #468
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

That's great Jae. I've read your fic on kotorfanmedia too. As always your Jolee Bindo makes me laugh and brightens my day.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #469
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Plus, you both make me work harder on the revisions than I did on the original chapters so it takes longer.
It's not my fault you don't know many stomachs a sarlacc has. Your chapters need work to fit perfectly into the established EU.

Quote:
Not that I mind too much--they come out quite a bit better with that help, and since they've improved and I like improved anything better, I thought I'd post them here, too.
You have? I checked your thread in the Jedi Archives, and didn't see any recent editing dates. Unless you're posting it here, but IMO a thread without multiple pages and comments is easier to read.

Btw, have you edited chapters 18 and 19? I've not gotten any e-mails, but then again, that could be due to the endless tranquility and relaxation in your life.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #470
Jae Onasi

Quote:
It's not my fault you don't know many stomachs a sarlacc has. Your chapters need work to fit perfectly into the established EU.
Well, maybe if Doubleday was actually into this thing I might worry about being retentive about the EU issues, but this is just for fun. Not that I don't mind the help, however, because I do very much. It's better to be accurate, or at least know where to bend/break the rules as unobtrusively as possible.

Quote:
You have? I checked your thread in the Jedi Archives, and didn't see any recent editing dates. Unless you're posting it here, but IMO a thread without multiple pages and comments is easier to read.

Btw, have you edited chapters 18 and 19? I've not gotten any e-mails, but then again, that could be due to the endless tranquility and relaxation in your life.
I put chapter 18 up in both threads. I have to post 19, too, but I want to work on that a bit more. I worked on 20 but must have done that on paper, because I can't find it on my computer anywhere. Sigh, I'll have to do that revision over again, though it'll be better for the extra attention, since that's the chapter with the 'oh, so agonizingly close' (as cutmeister put it) almost-kiss, and I need to build the Jae/Roben/Talin emotional thing better.

"Endless tranquility and relaxation"
What the heck is this 'relaxation' of which you speak? I am not familiar with this concept.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #471
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Not that I don't mind the help, however, because I do very much. It's better to be accurate, or at least know where to bend/break the rules as unobtrusively as possible.
Accuracy aside, there's a lot of great stuff in the EU as well.

Quote:
I have to post 19, too, but I want to work on that a bit more.
Considering I made 'a few' suggestions, I'd hope so.

Quote:
I worked on 20 but must have done that on paper, because I can't find it on my computer anywhere.
Well, you'd have had to have typed it up anyway. At least this way Jiara (if she's not busy) and I can look at it.

Quote:
"Endless tranquility and relaxation"
What the heck is this 'relaxation' of which you speak? I am not familiar with this concept.
Gawsh, even as a student I'm familiar with this concept.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #472
Master Demonius
Rookie

great story cant wait to read the next
Master Demonius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2006, 02:21 AM   #473
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Hey Jae, I sometimes read some of this Fic, when I'm bored and it is really good, reading it more than once. You should find Lucas and see if he would allow you to get it published. Anyway I was just wondering if you had the link of this Fic on kotorfanmedia. I want to see what anyone else had to say about your Fic. And if you have any other Fics there, please post the link. Thanks and I'm awaiting the Sequel.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:58 AM   #474
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
You should find Lucas and see if he would allow you to get it published.
That would be difficult. Mach wanted to publish some of his stuff, and was told he couldn't use any copyrighted SW terms in it (such as Jedi, Revan, lightsaber, etc).

Quote:
Anyway I was just wondering if you had the link of this Fic on kotorfanmedia. I want to see what anyone else had to say about your Fic.
Since she's offline right now, here's a link. At KFM there aren't any organized threads for the fics to go in, so the closest thing is a collection of all the author's stories.

Quote:
I'm awaiting the Sequel.
Given how you've put 'sequel' in capitals, I can tell.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2006, 03:12 AM   #475
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thanks for providing the link Emperor D. And yes, I'm looking foward to the Sequel.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #476
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Hey Jae, I sometimes read some of this Fic, when I'm bored and it is really good, reading it more than once. You should find Lucas and see if he would allow you to get it published.
Quote:
That would be difficult. Mach wanted to publish some of his stuff, and was told he couldn't use any copyrighted SW terms in it (such as Jedi, Revan, lightsaber, etc).
I'd have to get an agent and then it'd have to go through the publisher Del Rey (not doubleday--ack) in order to do it as a SW book, and honestly, it's not at the same level as their published novels. I don't feel bad about that, btw--I've learned a ton of things just writing this one and reading some books on writing to try and make this story better, but there's a lot more for me to master in the fiction writing realm before I could ever reach published status.

Quote:
Since she's offline right now, here's a link. At KFM there aren't any organized threads for the fics to go in, so the closest thing is a collection of all the author's stories.
There's a lot of different ways to look for items there, but if you're looking for something by a specific author, that's the way to do it. It's one of the reasons why I put a 'fanfic by author' sticky in the Archives.
And yeah, I was offline when you posted that--it was around 2am my time. I gotta sleep sometime. And might I add you were up rather late for a school night.
Quote:
Given how you've put 'sequel' in capitals, I can tell.

As soon as my life can settle down a bit, I can start one. With all the clean up and repair work for the kitchen ceiling fiasco and all the insanity going on with politics crap surrounding the first aid corps that I currently lead, I've had to put story projects on hold. Researching an incident for 6 weeks and then writing a 30 page paper on it in 6 days burned me out a bit, too.
I do, however, have a seed of a story, and will probably start working on an outline of it soon.

And thank you, gonar_kracus!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #477
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Ah, the scurries of life. Don't take it too hard Jae.
At KFM they just posted Chapter 18.

I once had that problem where I wrote something and it diappeared from my computer. Luckily I had a back up. As to the concept of relaxtion. ED though you may be a student, you never have been swamped with things that fly at you left and right, some emergency popping up or getting put in charge of events coordinator for your club.

Jae, when has life ever settled for you?

Old 11-20-2006, 11:07 PM   #478
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
and honestly, it's not at the same level as their published novels.
The level of a published book I'd agree with, though there's been stuff published in the EU that's nowhere nearly this good... The Adventures of Lando Calrissian being just one of them.

Quote:
And might I add you were up rather late for a school night.
The Mom side of you is acting up, eh?

It was actually 11:58 in my time zone, though I was up until 2. I had lots of work, and took a few breaks.

Quote:
I do, however, have a seed of a story, and will probably start working on an outline of it soon.
You said you had a seed months ago.

Quote:
ED though you may be a student, you never have been swamped with things that fly at you left and right
Not like that, though I've had to do some rather unhealthy amounts of schoolwork before.

Quote:
Jae, when has life ever settled for you?
She told me when that happens, it will usher in The End Of The Universe As We Know It.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #479
Master Demonius
Rookie

hey jae i have a question that kinda conflicts with this story here. in this story here it basically says ur light side and when i look at ur profile it says Occupation:
Dark Lady of the Sith so are u a jedi or a sith and if ur a sith rock on

Last edited by gonar_kracus; 11-21-2006 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelt ur name wrong originally
Master Demonius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #480
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

The story character is LS. Lady Jae is DS with light side tendencies as she is battling the insufferable Emperor Devon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Sarcasm Doesn't Become You Devon
She told me when that happens, it will usher in The End Of The Universe As We Know It.
Well the end may be closer than you think. By my estimates, the end of the world will end December 10, 2013. Actually this was estimated by my good friends the Mayans. At the rate our world is going, I wouldn't be surprised.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > [FIC] The Adventures of Jolee Bindo