lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: EaW: Total Realism v1.1 (gold)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #41
kimballkinnison
Rookie

Looks to be a top mod, could I just ask about bombing runs though...I see in the changes log that the figure for damage is higher. The bombing runs seemed way too overpowered beforehand so is this even more of an increase??

Any help with what all the bombing run values equate to would be much appreciated, they are the main bone of contention in my multiplayer galactic conquest games!!

Thanks,

Kim
kimballkinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #42
Athanasios
Forumite

Yes, bombing runs have been slightly increased, but since all units health has also increased, they cannot take out heavy units (ATAT, T4B, M2 and T2B take heavy damage and so on) and buildings (turrets, production facilities) with one pass. Mind that bombing run range has decreased as well.

As for MP, i hope that when both players have the exact same mod installed, then they can play with it online. If not, Torpid told me that they're working towards this mod-support in coming patches (if not compatible already). I really want to play the LAN campaign with my brother too, but with EaW:TR installed, not the original game

Btw, im posting a new thread about the upcoming EaW:TR version 2.0 . Major changes.......stay tuned
Athanasios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 04:05 AM   #43
kimballkinnison
Rookie

Well the LAN campaigns we've been playing are with MistenTH's space realism 3.0 mod installed on both our PCs. Works fine with latest patch 1.03.

Hence the appeal of your mod, as the space battles we have are great but land battles are decidedly in the empire's favour...hopefully this way we'll get the best of both worlds!

Try it out tonight anyway, thanks for the info on bombing runs, if these still feel overpowered I may try to tinker with them a little
kimballkinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 06:07 AM   #44
Athanasios
Forumite

so, the mods are working one LAN?!?!?!?

YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #45
Orao

Ok ppl.

Little update on the next version.

We redone GC map and this is what you can excpect in the next release.

Now we changed how traveling is working.

In the original game :
Let's say that you have planet A and planet B. In order for your fleet to travel from planet A to planet B, the planet B had to be within the range radius of the planet A.

Meaning that you and AI were able to hop from planet to planet and that the frontline was materilized in very rare occasions.

Now we wiped out such system. In order for you to travel from planet A to planet B two planets must be connected with the hyperspace route. No connection no travel even if the planet B is within radius range of the planet B.

The good thing about this system is that now you have key planets which will give you the possibility to travel from one rim to another or which are simple crossroads.

The Empire is starting with coreworlds under its control whereas rebels are having only the Datooine.

We tryed to stick as close as possible to the SW galaxy map used in movies and SW lore.

Units are all rescaled as well as structures......

EaW: Total Realism
mod....
TR mod team status: TR Advisor, programmer, map maker, Multimedia developer
Orao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 AM   #46
SGT Lobster
Lurker

Question

how do u start the dam thing!?!??! i have the files moved now do i just start the game?

SGT Lobster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2006, 04:20 AM   #47
Athanasios
Forumite

Lobster, version 1.1 of EaW:TR was taken from the site, since the newer version is ready to download. You can check the relevant thread here

Enjoy
Old 04-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #48
SGT Lobster
Lurker

again how do u start the mod... do u just play the normal EAW... cuz i tried that and nothing changed... i moved all the files into the rite spot...

i have the newer version...
Old 04-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #49
Athanasios
Forumite

Lobster, what do you mean by "nothing changed".....and we guess that the installation instructions are way too intuitive, so, you shouldnt face so many difficulties.

Place folders, run game, play. Simple

Last edited by Athanasios; 04-03-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #50
SGT Lobster
Lurker

nothing changed as in the game is no different from the way it was b4...i place the folders in the rite spot... no change....the first thing i noticed was i had no tie advanced picture and i have lvl 5 tech... and everything else looks the same
Old 04-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #51
Athanasios
Forumite

Unistall any previous mods, patch the game (if you havent already) with latest 1.03 and retry. Could tell me exactly which folders and where are you putting them?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #52
SGT Lobster
Lurker

awww man i to uninstall every mod... i cant do that... i have like 1000....................... and i dont wich files are which
Old 04-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #53
Master Leffe
Rookie

Just take out your XML file (copy and paste elsewhere if you want). Then create a new one and put the TR files in it. Presto!

Come on, did you actually think your destiny wasn't set?
Master Leffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #54
SGT Lobster
Lurker

if i take out the XML files wont my game be ruined?
im afraid if i presss the delete button my gamewill just like die
Old 04-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #55
Athanasios
Forumite

Lobster, under Data path there should be NO other XML and ART folders. All mods out there use these too (basically). If you got any other too (like Audio etc), this doesnt matter a lot.

So, delete the current ones you might have (or back them up) and place what TR asks you.

If you'd like to wait, the newer version v2.1 (coming this Friday hopefully) will include an installer to make your life easier.

And no, the game won't die nor you hard disc will be formatted when you delete XML folders . We do it all the time in our tests.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > EaW: Total Realism v1.1 (gold)