lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Games played recently
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #41
Frenkieee
Rookie

I really enjoyed playing the Sims, with the first expansion pack. After that, I quitted. It wasn't that much fun anymore.

I'm playing Heroes of Might & Magic V a bit, some Settlers II . Maybe I should check out Psychonauts. I tried DotT and Monkey Islands, but those didn't work propery on my pc. Too bad

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers.
Frenkieee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 05:37 PM   #42
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Use SCUMMVM for the first three Monkey Islands and DOTT.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #43
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Well, I've got all of the expansion packs (the 1st sims) ever released, and I'm having a great time learning magic and turning my friends into horses...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #44
Chris]#
Rookie

I'm into Counter Strike now. Great game, especially Counter Strike Source.
Chris]# is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #45
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Like counter strike, don't like the majority of the people playing it online

No that wasn't aimed at you
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #46
Chris]#
Rookie

Yeah you get some real arseholes on CS sometimes.
Chris]# is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #47
Frenkieee
Rookie

Like this guy? http://www.pwned.nl

Old 06-18-2006, 01:16 AM   #48
Shuz

I used to be real CS junkie. After a while though I stopped taking it seriously and limited myself to using the knife only. Needless to say it was quite a challenge hehe.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #49
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I used to bum off a friends Steam account, then I got so damn sick of some of the jerks who play CS, why in the hell would anyone rent a server for their 13 year old to lord over?

Last edited by Samnmax221; 03-17-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #50
I say, I say
Rookie

I recently replayed The Curse of Monkey Island; great game with great music. Also I seldom replay a part of Grim Fandango; but mainly for the cutscenes.

"Oh Manny, so cynical, what happened to you Manny, that caused you to lose your sense of hope, your love of life?"
"I died"

There's a Lift Underground

A Lift Underground- A Grim Fandango Appreciation Site
I say, I say is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 05:37 AM   #51
Shuz

I started playing the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion this week and I am completely addicted to it.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #52
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I've been playing The Movies and New Super Mario a lot... they're both fantastic.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #53
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I've been playing Nintendogs. You can't imagine how addictive it is before you try it. And the puppies are so adorable!

Also, just won an auction about The Longest Journey. I'll be posting first impressions here when I get it.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Old 06-23-2006, 08:56 AM   #54
Sallim
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNaomi
I've been playing Nintendogs. You can't imagine how addictive it is before you try it. And the puppies are so adorable!
Is it that good? I mean I am a huge Nintendo fan, dont have a DS yet but maybe soon. Isnt Nintentogs just a reworked tamagotchi style game? maybe its just not the game for me.

Well my game I played recently is maybe almost unknown, Killer 7 for the gamecube. I beat it tonight again after a long time in Killer 8 mode Its a kind of adventure game with puzzles, but often on a very low level ( its get harder in the Killer 8 Mode ) The gameplay is really repetitive ( like shooting monsters -" Heaven smile " ) but... the story is dragging like hell and the graphic style is awesome!

ok have to leave now..part 2 comes later

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #55
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I think Nintendogs is amusing only in small doses (I play it in ten-minute bits) and it's definitely not worth getting unless you get it for cheap. It's basically like a tamagotchi and all you do is take care of the puppies, train them to enter them in competitions, get money for more puppies and so on.

If you get a DS, do yourself a favour and buy Phoenix Wright. It's one of the funniest, craziest and interesting games I've played in my life.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #56
Smon
Bizarro

Don't forget Nintendogs has voice recognition so you can teach it tricks!

Also don't get Phoenix Wright unles you really, really, really, really, really want it. It's a few hours of gameplay and since it was discontinued it can cost up to $100. I paid $70 for my copy on eBay.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #57
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I thought Capcom was going to make more copies due to the demand. Was that cancelled? Also, wasn't that the case in the US? As far as I know, the game is still relatively easy to obtain in Europe, and last time I checked Sallim lived in Germany.

You're right about the short gameplay hours, though. It also has little to none re-play value, unless you want to experience the jokes and mysteries an extra time. I was so charmed by the characters and stories that I think I'll keep re-playing it forever. Still, I hope the next in the series is more difficult.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #58
Smon
Bizarro

Huh... maybe it was just in the US, not sure, I know they're still making copies in Japan but not sure about Europe... still a good game and worth looking at anyway.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #59
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I just finished Broken Sword: The Angel of Death and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I loved all the locations and characters in New York, but I felt that the game got steadily worse after that. Some of the last hacking puzzles drove me insane because the game didn't explain all the new factors, and I didn't think to check out the manual.

The ending plain sucked. If it had been different, it might have saved a lot. What I especially missed was the well developed characters. I felt like there should have been more dialogue and background info regaring the different characters. Spallacci, for example. All in all, this is my least favourite BS game.

I heard the game sold quite well for starters, so maybe there's a chance for a fifth some time in the future. I wouldn't object. I refuse to believe that the series ends like this.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #60
King Dando
Forumite

Just today I finished playing through Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for Gamecube, its a remake of the original, but has the graphics and features of MGS2, in case you didnt know, of course this makes the game easier than the original PS version, even if you are playing on extreme difficulty

I played through to get the bad ending, so next time I start a game I get stealth, which makes for lots of interesting occurences, I like to toy with the guards

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #61
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I just bought Keepsake and I've been playing it a little. What a boring game! I see no fun in wandering alone with nobody to talk to and solving mechanical puzzles (which I hate in general). I can't stand the voice acting and the cutscenes don't look impressive.

The only thing I like is the story, but the rest bugs me so much that I might finish it using a walkthrough.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #62
King Dando
Forumite

I recently dug out my Mega Drive from many a year ago and played through the first Streets of Rage game, the music is amazing, I think its composed by Yuzo Kushiro, who composed the soundtrack for all the Streets of Rage games (1-3) and also Revenge of Shinobi.

The game brings back alot of good memories

Old 10-31-2006, 06:36 PM   #63
Du Man

i've been working on beating my old copy of independence war once and for all, now with a much nicer joystick. I also need to finish Schizm at some point, but i'm stuck on a phonic puzzle.
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2006, 04:39 AM   #64
Sotha-Sil
Rookie

At the moment I'm playing Anachronox and Neverwinter Nights 2. Anachronox is a hidden gem from Ion Storm me thinks.

Haven't really gotten into Neverwinter Nights 2 yet, but it's looking good. The requirements are way too high though, for a game that doesnt really have that great graphics.

SWG-EMULATOR (PRE-CU)
Sotha-Sil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #65
Fox Dye
Lurker

I just finished Grim Fandango yesterday. It only took me a day, because I just got addicted to it. Definitly my favorite game.

Im also trying to get my hands on the original Sam and Max, with not much luck. After christmas Im downloading the first episode of the new Sam and Max thing, Culture Shock.
I'll be plugged to Oblivion and Gears by then, so alot later after christmas.
Fox Dye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #66
Nick Virago

Can someone reccomend me an adventure game for PC? (nothing by LucasArts, I've already been there multiple times)

People believe what they want to believe, Calavera.

Nick Virago is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #67
stewlil
Rookie

I played good old "Sam and Max hit the Road" after much tweaking and fiddling, in the end i ended up playing it without sound, but fun all the same.

"There's nothing better than spitting in the face of someone that hands you an ultimatum." Deron Miller of cKy
stewlil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #68
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Go get ScummVM.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #69
Du Man

Well I just got done with Scratches, a good old home grown adventure game. Very subtle and has a great environment.

Otherwise, pick a letter
http://www.justadventure.com/thejave...x_castle.shtml
it's a good site, just wish I had money.
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2007, 08:34 AM   #70
Frenkieee
Rookie

I've completed Sam & Max: Culture Shock and Sam & Max: Situation Comedy

Nothing special... quite easy puzzles, but both little buddies crack me up

Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #71
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Finished an older adventure game called I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream a minute ago. What a buggy game! I had to start over several times because it kept crashing and corrupting my safe files. I played it entirely with a walkthrough (because I wanted to avoid all the numerous bugs), but even then I got stuck several times. Bah.

Other than that, it was quite an interesting experience. My favourite segment was probably Ted's because it had such an interesting premise. Gorrister was excellent as well. Same for Nimdok, though I'm quite disturbed by that I grew to feel sympathy for his character, even after learning all the things he had done.

I hear the game has multiple endings, so I'll probably have to try again a few times to see if I can reach a happier one than the one I just got. Then again, I have a feeling that there is no happy ending in this game.

Anyone else played this? I'd love to discuss it.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #72
stewlil
Rookie

I also played Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.. I managed to find Max on the 4rth level

"There's nothing better than spitting in the face of someone that hands you an ultimatum." Deron Miller of cKy
stewlil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #73
Orphic Okapi
Lurker

Pikmin 2 is an awesome game for Gamecube; it's very long and challenging. The Metroid Prime games are great as well.

I haven't been doing much PC gaming lately, besides Grim Fandango.

"Love? Love is for the living, Sal."

- Manuel Calavera
Orphic Okapi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #74
urluckyday

I've been continuing on Call of Duty (1st one) online...it is just the perfect formula. I've also been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros. Melee with a bunch of my friends...can't beat it. I've also been playing Grim Fandango when I have time...I'd say my 50th time playing it...never gets old.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #75
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I just realised that my copy of Psychonauts includes a complete German audio track, so I've been playing the game in German. It's amazing how well some of the voices match!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #76
Rubacava

There are so many games I'm in the middle of and need to finish. And I just bought a new one, what's wrong with me T__T

It fortunately is have such friends person's. I hat you.
Rubacava is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #77
King Dando
Forumite

I dug out Super Mario Sunshine a few days ago. Started it up and quickly realised why I'd stopped playing it in the first place, and that is that I suck at those darn obstacle courses! I always panic and do something stupid like simply walk off the edge of a platform to my death.

That and Spiderman 2, which I stopped playing because whenever I play it, my Gamecube makes these whizzing/clicking noises like it can't quite read the disk. As soon as I hear that, Im just waiting for the error message to pop up.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #78
SeaTurtle
Rookie

I'm about half-way through The Longest Journey at the moment. I'm liking the story, though it seems to be moving fairly slowly up until now. I also didn't realise that there was so much bad language in it. It seemed somewhat unneccessary to me.
SeaTurtle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #79
urluckyday

Anyone have any good adventure games to play (besides all the DOS classics and Grim Fandango)...I've already played Syberia I, and I dunno if I should go out and get Syberia II. Anyone wanna help me out?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #80
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowar
Anyone have any good adventure games to play (besides all the DOS classics and Grim Fandango)...I've already played Syberia I, and I dunno if I should go out and get Syberia II. Anyone wanna help me out?
Of the newer games, I've only played Broken Sword 4 and Dreamfall. BS4 was a disappointment and I've noticed that some people love Dreamfall and others hate it. If you want a fascinating story with no real closure, great voice acting, music and atmosphere, try Dreamfall.

If you have a Nintendo DS, you can't go wrong with Phoenix Wright.

Oh, and stay away from a game called Keepsake. It's a perfect example of a game that sounds really promising and then fails in almost every area.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Games played recently