lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Deaths
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #41
DarthSion101

Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Ok my input says Carth needs to bite the dust, along with that annoying and inferior cat Juhani.

"Have you come here for answers? There are none. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting you came here."

"The failure is yours, no longer does your voice whisper within my skull, no longer do I suffer beneath teachings that weaken us, and now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead....save one, and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."
DarthSion101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 12:32 AM   #42
shinyjedi
Rookie

All roads lead to an infinite number of possible futures. Each step is a step on a new road if you want it to be.
Keep in mind that ALL the traditional jedi see the Exile as a force vacuum, but the game itself tells you, as do some of those you encounter, that Exile's in touch with it and that the connection is increasing
. Keep also in mind that pretty much every master you meet in the game is wrong on at least a couple of pretty basic levels, and you begin to see that the force may not work just the way they think it does. Kreia even hints at the fact that she realizes they are the tail end of the epoch (ala late age Romans, wallowing in the former glory of the empire with no real clue as to how it had been built) when she speaks to you while you're on Korribon.
Zaz pretty much admits that the order had already fallen before the Exile faced them that last time, and goes on at some length about their failings.
Suffice to say that there's plenty of room for interpretation in those final statements.
shinyjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 03:09 AM   #43
Shato Khan
Rookie

die exile die
Shato Khan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #44
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Whatever predictions Kreia or any other character did in the previous games... they may all be wrong, why should Kreia see what will actually happen? So Mira does not have to be death on a planet in order to save people...

If the PC dies, well, i'd call that a bad Rpg story. Personally i dont really want a major character to die, unless you can choose to do it yourself. (DS)
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #45
Jeremia Skywalk
Rookie

NOOOO my PC will not die. I wanna end game neutral and screw galaxy and go live with my wife as a farmer (after saving galaxy or my own ass)
Jeremia Skywalk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #46
Henz

I don't mind party members dying, but it would be more effective if you had at least some contol over it. I think deaths are good for the story, but being an rpg their should be an element of choice. Even somehting simple like a conversation before the final battles. The guys talking about sacrafice. And you get the choice along the lines of:

"would you die for me? (romanticness i guess)"
"would you die for the cause?"
"make sure you save your own ass"

You get the gist. If he/she implied that they would give their life, then they will later on.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #47
shinyjedi
Rookie

I'm with Jerimiah. Save the Galaxy, run off with the main squeeze and regale the youngsters with tales of your lost youth.
And personally, I don't think I'd like a game where companions are pre-ordained to die. Like Cpt Kirk, you should always be able to figure out a way to game the system just enough to prevent that. If you want your party members to live and they don't, it should be due to some sort of screwup on your part (adding replayability as you go back through the game and try to save them next time around) On the other hand, if you want them dead, I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to make that choice as well.
shinyjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #48
bobogarcia
Rookie

Id like to see someone die, like when your party splits up in K2, the other "team" dies, just to make it personal

I find your lack of faith disturbing
I did it all for the Wookie
=

bobogarcia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Deaths