lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: stuck in circus, HELP!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
izhyboo
Lurker

Question stuck in circus, HELP!!

I'm playing psychonauts on ps2 and I'm stuck at the meat circus, at the second knife throwing target board thingy. I keep climbing up there, swinging from a knife, jumping, and falling. I CAN NOT make it to the other piece of meat!! I can't even grab the edge, I just fall EVERYTIME!! I've looked at a ton of walkthroughs, and no one else seems to be having this problem. WHAT'S HAPPENING! Is there a way to double jump off the sword knifey thingy that I don't know about or something??? PLEASE HELP ME!

izhyboo
izhyboo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
martmeister
Veteran

Current Game: FO3, G/2, DA, CODMF2
Yes, you're suppose to swing on the sword. I've been through it with no problem and other times couldn't swing worth jack. You may have to just rock back and forth until you are close enough to throw yourself to the other side. Sometimes I'd shoot a psi-blast at the sword-spitter right before jumping onto an already-stuck sword. Little Oly's stupid self dying isn't much help, either.

<No way you can read this. My handwriting's illegible>
martmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Toliver
Rookie

In the Meat Circus, the trick is swing/rotate around while hanging from the knife and let go when you are a lot higher than the next piece of meat that you need to land on. Once you let go, then use your Psi Float to float down onto the meat. Works like a charm. You can do this for both dartboards. Also, at the end of the level, you can Levitate/Bounce and then Psi Float onto the final piece of meat (that is, if you go the main route...there's a side route if you're after all the figments, that involves bouncing on the ropes up to a third rope that's higher up which leads to a trapeze & figment(s). Swing on the trapeze to build up momentum and then use Psi Float to drop down to the final piece of meat).
Toliver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I really do hate that circus...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #5
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by legowar
I really do hate that circus...
Amen. Just...MAN, the hate. It's even better when you realize Little Ollie isn't even the worst part and there's still SO MUCH MORE to do.

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

“Oh, I know. I just like this way better.”

--Cursum Perficio, chapter two, by Digitaldreamer.
Digitaldreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
martmeister
Veteran

Current Game: FO3, G/2, DA, CODMF2
Embrace the dark side! Muhahaha <cackle, cackle, lightning zaps> ..Wait, wrong forum...

<No way you can read this. My handwriting's illegible>
martmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
lol...nice...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
izhyboo
Lurker

THX guys, toliver i didn't THINK to psi float!!! That's what got me across.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Why I didn't think to float, I don't know. Seems so obvious now.
izhyboo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Ford Cruller's Bacon Support > stuck in circus, HELP!!