lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Got Pirates Working as a Playable Faction
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
usul

Got Pirates Working as a Playable Faction(new version download)

Well I've got alot more working. Space is somewhat functional. You can build units but not new asteroid bases. Land I have not tried to incorporate yet but you can use the starting pirate forces, which was actually enough to make a nice run on the empire early on. At this point nothing is particualrly balanced so somethings will seem fair and others easy. If anyone would like to help me, or offer ideas, PM me, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

new Version, New map based on galactic conflict. Balance fixes, Pirates now very playable, if anyone wants me to keep going with this I will, I'm starting to run low on ideas

http://usul.riddle.googlepages.com/Pirates1.7.zip

Last edited by usul; 03-22-2006 at 04:25 PM.
usul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
sprigner
Rookie

Cool prety sweet. Can i have the link for the 2 xml?

EAW Return of the jedi mod: coming soon...

sprigner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
Jedi_82
Rookie

Yeah if u could post those xmls it would be good.
Jedi_82 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

im guessing, it might be a longshot, but wouldnt the xml's be in the zip file? just a thought....
FuzzySmurf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Jedi_82
Rookie

Yeah or rar
Old 03-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
Jedi_82
Rookie

Thanks usul!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
usul

Well I hope you guys enjoy this, progress keeps coming, for me, I just, and I mean I literally just finished my first battle with the pirates having a buildable star viper squadron.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #8
Jedi_82
Rookie

Hehe il enjoy. And look ur PM list. Testing ur mod.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
Isair
Rookie

Excellent, I will definitely try and comment on it later. Three60 has been able to add buildable pirate space stations to his mod so you may want to ask him about it. The pirates as far as I know only have one building so you should just be able to edit it to make it buildable and then have the Black Sun infantry and vehicles available off of it.
Isair is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Isair
Rookie

Alright the only problems that I saw were around the IPV, it could be instantly built and could use the boost weapon power ability endlessly. I suggest giving it a build time around that of a corellian corvette or tartan, also you should make it so you can pick to play as the pirates, empire, and rebels as it seems you've replaced the rebel option with the pirates.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
usul

alright I'll get right on it, and unfortunatly theres nothing I can do about getting rid of the rebs. I actually got them all on a list together, but I could not scroll down to get to whoever I made third in the factions file list. Petrogylph has already said the GUI cannot handle more than 2 factions, nothing can be done about it until petro patches it. Also, I'll get right on the IPV and fix that and try to balance everything. Anybody who wants to can suggest balance things for me to fix, I have not been able to play all that much, I'm also going to try to get a new version up soon with more space units, and buildable ground units, still no buildings/stations.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:05 PM   #12
Isair
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usul
alright I'll get right on it, and unfortunatly theres nothing I can do about getting rid of the rebs. I actually got them all on a list together, but I could not scroll down to get to whoever I made third in the factions file list. Petrogylph has already said the GUI cannot handle more than 2 factions, nothing can be done about it until petro patches it. Also, I'll get right on the IPV and fix that and try to balance everything. Anybody who wants to can suggest balance things for me to fix, I have not been able to play all that much, I'm also going to try to get a new version up soon with more space units, and buildable ground units, still no buildings/stations.
Again I'm going to reference Three60's Star Commander mod as he has been able to have all three factions selectable for play on GC, you might want to ask him how it's done.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:27 AM   #13
Three60
Rookie

Okay, here's what you do.

Get to the menu to choose what to do.

Open the menu, and KEEP YOUR MOUSE ON THE MENU.

Click and hold the menu. Then, using your mouse scroll wheel, scroll down to the Black Sun Pirates.

Put your mouse over the Pirates, and let go. You should have selected it. I edited some things, so I cna't get them to start, but it should work.

Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #14
usul

I just put up a new version on the top of the list, it makes the Pirates fully playable. Victory conditions and the like are a bit iffy still. I plan on expanded the pirates to have hutt palaces and cantinas, maybe some buildable indegeneous forces, maybe a hero or 2, and most likely a new galactic conquest map for them. And please as you play keep me posted on balance issues, because thats what I am aiming for next. I still know I got the IPV thing, and pod walkers dont count towards cap yet.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
Jedi_82
Rookie

And theres anathor bug on ur mod. When u press that Z-95 squadron on space build list il press it and it disapear on building menu so try fix that too.

PS: This mod rocks!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #16
Isair
Rookie

The cantinas and hutt palaces sound like a great idea, what I'd do for heroes is try to get Xizor back in with the Virago. You could also have the pirate fighters be the bombers while the V-wings are the fighters.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #17
Three60
Rookie

Or the Pirate fighters. V-Wings don't have hyperdrives.

Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
Isair
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three60
Or the Pirate fighters. V-Wings don't have hyperdrives.
A better idea then, give the venerators hangers as they should have them anyways with V-wings inside them. Afterwards convert the pirate fighters to bombers as I suggested earlier.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
usul

I changed a few things for a new version(see top) Added text, a hero, etc, i forgot to change the readme but kudos for milkan and three60 for help and some ideas.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #20
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
how come there is only one hero
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #21
jedi7000nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan
how come there is only one hero
how about adding anther hero like Guri who always was by Xizor
Old 03-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #22
usul

well if there was a guri skin and a guri model, I could do something, its relativly hard to come up with new heroes, you have to do everything from scratch, I might add tani, though shes not supposed to be a pirate
Old 03-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #23
Jay1717
Rookie

Sorry to ask, when you say playable faction do you mean replaces rebels/empire or adds a new faction to play GC is borining when its all rebel vs empire, a new factor would totally improve it!
Jay1717 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #24
usul

totally additional, you can still play as both the rebs and imperials, you just have to use the instructions further up on the page to select the pirates, it takes all of an additional 2 seconds
Old 03-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #25
Stumps8807
Lurker

This mod is great. Adds a great thing to the game. All I was wondering is, why do the pirate fighters use proton torpedos? why not just use their old weapons? a great idea would be to have to versions, bomber and fighter.

Keep Up the Great Work!
Stumps8807 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #26
jedi7000nathan

Usul read Shadows of the Empire and youll find 1
Old 03-20-2006, 11:53 PM   #27
usul

im perfectly aware that guri exists, I read Shadows when it first came out. Its just that at the moment new models are out of reach. And since I can't skin I can't do a reskin, though I haven't actually heard of a reskin, I know you can play with the *.dds textures. I'll add some more heroes when I stop being so busy with school.

O, I forgot to say that the reason I changed Pirate Interceptors to have torpedoes is because the pirates have z-95's, v-wing's, and moldy crow squads for fighters, and they needed a bomber.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #28
usul

Sorry for the double post, its been 2 days, but I posted a new version of the files, this is all but final, at this stage if anyone has any reasonable ideas I will do my best to add them in.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #29
Jay1717
Rookie

Though I've followed the posted instructions, I am having problems selecting the Pirate faction.
Jay1717 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Got Pirates Working as a Playable Faction