lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Build your own upgradable remote
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
Weiser_Cain
Forumite

Build your own upgradable remote

Bao Dur suggests/dismisses building your own remote. Why not? What's it do? Whatever the player upgrades it to. Skill bonuses, Attack bonuses auto using items in combat. Well above my head and I can't help but wonder if I've wanted this before.
Weiser_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 04:29 AM   #2
Jackel

Unfortunately I dont think you can add a puppet to the main PC slot, ie yourself. So unless it was created as a full NPC and replaced another character you couldnt make a puppet.

Just checked:

From stoffe -mbk-'s thread about puppets:

Quote:
You have also probably noticed that your main player character is missing from the Party Table. This character is handled separately and is not stored in the party table. This means that you cannot assign a puppet to the Exile. Only party members can have puppets.
SO yeah like I said above, unfortunately only the NPC's can have puppets and not the the exile. Sorry. But if you wanted to replace someone you could always dot hat and have it as a fully upgradable npc.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I thought Dak Vesser had previously had things setup for the PC to have a puppet I'll have to do some searching. On the Partytable in K1 & K2 your PC does not appear however your PC does have a number that the game will recognize. That is "-1" it used in the various scripts that switch who is party leader.

*edit* After finding the original thread I was thinking of the question had never been answered there after all. However the theory of using "-1" may still work as in the following function the usage of "NPC_BAO_DUR" is a constant declaration of a number.

Code:
AssignPUP(PUP_SENSORBALL,NPC_BAO_DUR);
These constants are listed at the top of the "nwscript.nss" file for npc's they also list the PC there as "-1".

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin

Last edited by Darkkender; 03-17-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkender
I thought Dak Vesser had previously had things setup for the PC to have a puppet I'll have to do some searching. On the Partytable in K1 & K2 your PC does not appear however your PC does have a number that the game will recognize. That is "-1" it used in the various scripts that switch who is party leader.

As I wrote, the current main character (usually the Exile, but the first party member as well when the Exile isn't present in the party) cannot have a puppet assigned. Since the Exile is always the main character when present in the party she can never have a Puppet.

But by all means, test it yourself if my experience isn't reliable.

(Connect the dots and you will realize why you don't have the option to let Bao-Dur lead the expedition to the Dxun Tomb. If he is, the Remote will disappear.)

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Build your own upgradable remote