lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Games does not load modified XML
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
lawrenceyeoh

Games does not load modified XML

Hi all,

I got a problem with modding here. I have modified quite a number of XML files namely spacecapital, groundvehicle, groundinfantry, starbase, projectiles and others and yet none of them are loaded into the game whenever I start a new Galactic Conquest game.

By logic, the EAW when first start will look for .XML files in the game directory first then only move on to the config.meg file. But in my case, the game apparently skips the local .XML files and go straight to the config.meg file instead.

None of the mods downloaded from here worked as well. Any idea if I need to set something in one of the files to make the EXE look at local .XML files first? Or is this a bug encountered by others and is there any method to solve this problem?

Thanks!
lawrenceyeoh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
usul

make sure that your directory that the XML files are in is /.../Empire At War/GameData/Data/xml, if for example you have GameData/Data/Data/XML the xmls wont work
usul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 01:03 AM   #3
Three60
Rookie

All I can think of is that they aren't in the right place.

Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 03:26 AM   #4
lawrenceyeoh

The .XMLs are already in the "..\GameData\Data\XML" directory, while the config.meg file is in the "..\GameData\" directory. I tried removing the config.meg file to fool the EXE to bypass the config.meg file while loading, but this was unsuccessful (the program crashed).
lawrenceyeoh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
jedi3112

You will also have to remove a part of the name of the xml file. I had some of this with the marauder as I reduced the range to 1.0 However I found out that the marauder has 2 ranges stated later on so just to be sure I reduced both to 1.0 check for this as well.

Not sure if this has anythink to do with rebels ships in particular as it's the only ship I modded so far. It's imperial counterpart only has 1 range stated so that didn't give me any problem.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Andycaccia
Rookie

I have this D:\...\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\XML
and my XML files have been renamed in this way:

from "DATA%XML%SPACEUNITSCAPITAL.XML" to "SPACEUNITSCAPITAL.XML"
my game works perfectly...are you sure your modifications are compatible???
Maybe there is something wrong in one of you XML files...
Andycaccia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Games does not load modified XML