lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who is Better the Empire or The Rebels
Empire 67 62.62%
Rebels 40 37.38%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Whats better The Empire or the Rebels
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #81
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
Even more rebel propaganda lies! You are sadly misinformed!
The so called 'Ghorman Massacre' was clearly an accident, misinformed rioters - stirred by scrupoulless rebel conspirators - rushed to a landing platform ... ignoring all security regulations. The poor guy who piloted that ship of course couldn't stop the landing procedure in time. Yes, you can throw yourself under an At-At's feet - but when you're squashed, don't blame the empire and expect to be revered as a martyr! The organisators of such demonstrations are clearly behaving completely irresponsible - the people who do this only care for the show effect on the holo net, not for the security of their hapless followers.
And Alderaan? They always speak of Alderaan - this oh so peaceful world of philosophers and flower collectors. HA! It was a center of treachery and unrest, where criminals of all kind could gather freely to plot their nefarious acts. You can bet that it was everything but a defenseless civil world. In any case, its transformation into an asteroid belt - as pretty and sensible as that may have been - was in fact due to a huge asteroid that was on its course to the planet. The Death Star was sent into the system in a selfless attempt to destroy that planetkiller. Nobody on Alderaan was warned about the incoming asteroid, of course, because the elite had already made their escape - it was all a heinous conspiracy intended to frame the empire for the tragedy. As you can see - some people still believe it even now! Many lives could have been saved, if the Empire had been informed earlier. Ah well, as I said - it's no great loss to the galaxy. The Empire would have been perfectly within its right to blast it.
A few words to the Emperor and his history: Tyrannical regime? Ha! He was elected fairly and in a democratic process. He had just ended a huge galactic conflict - when the Jedi traitors suddenly tried to assassinate him and ursurp his power. He was severely wounded - but he still faithfully does his difficult duties despite all treachery in order to return peace and order to the galaxy. That is quite remarkable - for such a 'decrepit' old man, don't you think?
As to the Hurrim affair - so you admit that you are in contact with dangerous criminals? What did you expect them to do? It's in the nature of such criminals to shoot at the helpless and to eliminate witnesses. Some of those rebels may have had a little conscience and suddenly changed their plans, but for each of those incidents - how many times do greed and fanatism win over? Besides, all you've accomplished to do is steal imperial supply goods - charity food, that was intended to be used for impoverished colonies. So - can you rest easily with the thought of the thousands of children your thieving has left with an empty belly? And do not speak of the supposed heroism of this Dunari! The man is a seedy casino owner ... hardly a trustworthy fellow.
Concerning Wookies - I have been to Kashyyk many times - and I've seen the filthy hovels those critters live in. This is certainly not culture! You are of course right, ordinarily, visitors to this planet are ripped apart without mercy by those feral beasts - but not if they are part of a well trained reconnaisance mission that managed to save several civilian passengers of a wrecked spaceship deep in the forbidden jungle. Yes, we were attacked several times - but our blasters were steady and discipline and courage prevailed against the wookies primitive rushes. Trust me - what the rebel propaganda tries to tell you about wookies - that they are brave big teddy bears - is nothing but a bunch of lies.
I am a veteran of the imperial taskforce that ended the Sepan Civil War - at great risk to our own lives, we brought an old and bloody feud to an end - and that is just one example of the Empire acting as a benevolent peacekeeping force in the galaxy.
As to your challenge: It's not my fault that you choose to fly in an inferior vessel because it lulls you in the false security of a thick layer of shields. And -quite possibly - it is indeed the better vehicle for the typical rebel pilots. You would be lost in a tie fighter and unable to use its superior maneuverability anyway. It takes a lot of skill and training to be a succesfull tie pilot - whereas rebels can grab any poor guy off the streets and dress them in one of their orange flightsuits - then stuff them into a fighter and lead them to battle. I guess the shields do help them to stay alive for a few more seconds, as does the hyperdrive that they need to run away. But it's ultimately their sheer numbers that present somewhat of a challenge to our experienced pilots.


Glory to the Empire!

Last edited by Coraan Talme; 04-15-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #82
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Man, you really need to quit hitting the Ryll spice. First of all, your blatant hypotheses are in complete contradiction with practically all sources of galactic history.
Just so you know, the convoy that was attacked by the combined Alliance-Hurrim force was carrying blasters and other weapons, not food. I saw the after action reports that came through that day, and they clearly said that the raiding forces discovered that the convoy ships were filled to the brim with all kinds of weapons, without even a single grain of barq on any of those ships. Ask any of the pilots or soldiers who took part in that engagement, and they will tell you the same.
Filthy hovels? Have you ever seen Kachirho City? I must say that their architecture rivals that of some buildings found on Coruscant! You obviously have no appreciation for the natural world. I don't know why you're talking about Wookiees attacking other beings visiting their world. I've been there several times, and every time the Wookiees were quite hospitable.
As for TIE Fighters, the controls on those ships aren't much more complicated that any other starfighter out there. You just don't have to worry about keeping your shields charged, and make sure you keep an eye on your scopes to make sure an enemy isn't lining up a shot on you. I've flown them in the combat simulator before, just so I can be familiar with some of the tricks you guys might try to pull on me. It's not that much different from rebel fighters.
Finally, since when did rebels ever outnumber imperial fighters? I find that it's almost always the other way around, except when dealing with Advanced TIE's or TIE Defenders. Now those are a real challenge.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #83
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
As mentioned before, you seem to have access to the wrong kinds of 'information' sources. And the mentioned convoy was clearly a humanitarian one. I had a look into the cargo protocols - the one that were shown to you obviously must have been forged, as it is often the case during rebel missions. Your so-called leaders are conducting a careful desinformation campaign for the average gunman/pilot in order to maintain your morale. Let's be realistic: A pitiful strikeforce of rebels and other criminals would have had no chance against a regular military convoy.
Kachirho City? Ah yes - I've heard of it. It's all fake - a tourist attraction built by some crazed businessmen who thought they could lure visitors to that place by showing them the original and pittoresque Wookie culture. Of course, the plan failed miserably after most of the tourist were eaten. But yes, there are actually still Wookies nesting there. If you've never been attacked by a Wookie, you are a lucky man indeed. Or perhaps you were shown some carefully drugged specimens. I don't know what kind of devices your rebel leaders have constructed to keep them at least somewhat tractable. Perhaps some cybernetic implants in the brain region?
Whatever - once again to the topic of imperial Ties. You seem to think they are simple to handle - that is deceiving. They do have a very clever interface that allows smooth operation ... but trust me: mastering the vessels in order to experience their full power is something else. And I doubt that your simulator models are capable of that. See, even you are forced to admit that the advanced tie models are superior to rebel craft - rebel engineers just can't keep up with their poorly understood stolen prototypes. Anyway, let me assure you: even the regular ties are formidable vessels indeed. If you are wondering why nowadays you are seeing more imperial fighters than rebel ones - well, I can solve this riddle for you: Its because your's is a lost cause. Even the swarms of new conscripts from backwater planet find it increasingly difficult to counter the huge losses your forces are experiencing whenever they meet a proper imperial fleet in a regular battle. It is not to late to repent! Your leaders will only waste you as further cannon fodder! Now is the time to wake up and cross their sinister plans! Go to the nearest imperial facility immediately and surrender. The people there can and will help you.


Glory to the Empire!
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #84
darthcarth
Junior Member
 
darthcarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On the USD Imperium
Posts: 265
I agree with the last part about the imperial vessels being better because after the war the rebels or the reepublic used alot of the Imperial vessels instead of thier own.


EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #85
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Somehow I doubt that blasting a hole in my chest counts as "helping me." Or at least attempting to blast a hole in my chest. Anyway, there is a reason that the New Republic revamped the old Imperial-class Star Destroyer and used it in its new spacefleet, Darthcarth. They didn't have enough large capital ships of their own (Mon Calamari cruisers, which are in fact superior to star destroyers. At least they don't have exposed shield generators on the top of the ship.) so they decided to use the many star destroyers that wisely joined the New Republic after the victory at Endor. Coraan, what if I was to tell you that you were the one who was being deceived? I'll bet that they didn't just teach you how to fly TIE fighters in that academy. They turned you into a mindless drone and taught you to love "Big Brother" erm, I mean Emperor Palpatine. From what I know about Imperial brainwashing, it's quite difficult to deprogram someone who has been exposed to it.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #86
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron
 
wedge2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,320
No, no, no. They won't blast a hole in your chest. What do you think they have interrogator droids for, anyway? At least take heart in the fact that you won't remember anything afterward.

Anyway...I think that the Rebel Alliance is much more complex to play, especially because of raid fleets and other little tricks like that. The Imperials, on the other hand, are just very cool to play. I love arriving in a system with Star Destroyers or dropping AT-ATs on the ground.


wedge2211 is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #87
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
Indeed, imperial medical facilities use advanced rehabilitation programs for their patients - and the needles on these interrogator droids don't hurt at all! Soon you will be a happy and useful citizen again, Mr. Marin -though sadly I can't speak from personal experience, as I've always been a loyal servant of the empire. It seems that some particularly ruthless jedis have played a few very nasty tricks to your memory - you know, mind tricks ... that's why the rebels are still keeping the members of this dangerous sect around. A rebel victory at Endor? HA! Mon Calamari Cruisers aren't capable of withstanding a star destroyer's turbolaser salves ... And no dirty trick will be able to make up for that.


Glory to the Empire!
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #88
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Obviously you must be experiencing a completely different version of the Star Wars franchise than what I have seen, read, and played. Every bit of Star Wars material I have ever come across says that a Mon Cal cruiser is quite capable of holding its own against a Star Destroyer, if not being capable of destroying it outright. You're clearly insane, so I think I'll end this debate at that.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #89
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
I don't know what lies the rebels tell, but the Empire doesn't blow holes in peoples chests, in fact you may even get help in your qeust to see the truth from Darth Sidious or Darth Vader themself. Even people that didn't surrender were offered to see the light. Just remember Luke Skywalker. Lord Vader did everything he could to help him see the light. He may have decided to keep living in lies, but that is HIS choice.

And the Emperor is an elected government official. In fact he loves democracy. But the rebels are doing everything they can to destroy democracy. Don't blame us for upholding democracy and the will of the people.

And mon calamari cruisers are not I repeat NOT superior to StarDestroyers. And having an external shield generator doesn't really matter. It can only be damaged once the shields are down. Do you really think the shields will recharge to a significant strecngt DURING a battle? Sure maybe afterwards, but you will still have battle damage that has to be repaired. Or in the case of the Empire you will only need a new paintjob (symbols have to be added for all the rebels you killed during the battle). Either way you still have to return to the shipyard so they can replace your shield generator if it had been destoyed (like it would be on rebel ships, not Imperial ships though, like I said they don't get damaged).

Also the TIEs you claim to hve destoyed can't be Imperial TIEs. Unless you shoot pilots in training on their first flight during take-off. That would make you a simple cowardly murderer. Any Imperial pilot that has well over 10 seconds of real flight can blow any rebel scum to bits. Now matter what ships the Empire and the rebels use. Even in the Z-95, V-Wing or even the 4000 year old Fighters from the Sith War (and still even older), Imperial pilots can take on rebel pilots in even TIE Defenders and Missle Boats. They can even take out mon calamari cruisers and correlian corvettes in those ships on their own with both hands tied behind their back and the flight controls and weapons completely removed. And I am NOT talking about suicide runs here, just fair combat.

And if Alderaan is peacefull then why do they have armed corvettes? That doesn't look peacefull to me.

Last edited by jedi3112; 04-15-2006 at 08:19 PM.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #90
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Thumbs down

No wonder this country is goin' to Hell.... Next you're gonna say that Hitler wasn't so bad either!
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #91
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
Error: Reply out of context/character Error!
Corrective measure initiated:
What country are you talking about, sir? That one (just a wild guess)? Sorry, that's not mine and I can't really comment on its state. And this is not a discussion about history - especially not about the history of our mythical homeworld on 'earth'. It's just a friendly discussion about galactic politics. Praising the achievements of the empire while sneering a little at rebel scum should not be taken as a generalized and obviously incorrect statement that old earth's dictators were jolly good fellows. We are talking about spaceships and star colonies! Let's not get confused in that respect ...
Returning to the question of Star Destroyers vs. Mon Calamari: Well I have never heard of Mon Calamari cruisers being more powerful than Star Destroyers. Considering the valuable reference of the simulation program Tie Fighter, Mon Calamari cruisers are nearly on par with Star Destroyers ... but certainly not superior. And I have to agree with Jedi3112 - Tie Fighter pilots are very well trained & know that they are fighting for a just cause ... a combination that will let them triumph over any number of heavily armed rebel fighters.
Yet ... ultimately - it's the question this thread is asking: Which side do you prefer? Whom do you trust? It's up to the individual to decide who deserves loyalty.


Glory to the Empire!
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #92
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Oh.... Well. Um.

That's a simple question to answer! Naturally I prefer the Rebel Alliance, for the reasons that I have already given.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-16-2006, 01:03 AM   #93
StealthWar42
Rookie
 
StealthWar42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Doesn't matter, I'm Italian
Posts: 91
Okay, hate to break the argument, but just throwing my 2 cents (yeah, i know nobody is going to read this but I like writing this stuff):

Anyway, I have to break this down into subcategories, because I'm very, very split.

Aesthetics: Empire by far. I've always liked the gray-scale look of the Imperial military, and the symmetry and uniformity of everything. I also liked the massiveness of capital ships compared to the tiny fighters they had... the contrast in sizes just gave a fierce look. Having small fighters to accentuate the size of capital ships definitely would increase the fear factor into the enemy. And... as much as I like heroism... I also like the idea of a uniform, nameless-faceless and numberless army. Talk about intimidation! That, and in my opinion, the best looking ships in any sci-fi have to be those produced by the Empire.

Playstyle: I've always enjoyed playing as the Rebels. As much as I like the dominance of the Empire in terms of background, I still enjoy a challenge. To me, the rebels (ideally) are a challenge because playing them requires a cunning mentality (or at least it SHOULD). For the Rebels, it should be more than just using overwhelming force and financial security... it should require knowing the proper time and place to strike, realizing the weaknesses in the Empire's routines, annoying the heck out of the beurocracy, screwing up their logistics, etc. And I like that... it makes things more interesting for me, personally. I like having to take advantage of my enemy's weaknesses as my only means to win.

Units: Rebels... I would trade everything of the Empire (as much as I love their war stuff) for the Rebel infiltrators. Special Forces units are interesting... to me, they are the heroes of war. They are the ones that usually take the most difficult tasks, get them done, and return home in glory and fully decorated. If the Empire had a scout forces unit that was similar to the Rebel infiltrators... then this category would go to the Empire instantaneously.

Based on the Movies: Well, the first time I saw these movies was when I was three... so I was literally freaked out by the Empire! I would go with the Rebels in this category. Besides... they won! (yeah, yeah, I know that in the expanded universe there's that "remnant" thing and all that, but I'm an OT person. Strictly OT.)

Ideology: Empire by far. When it comes to sci-fi terms, I'm a human supremecist. I hate aliens, for many reasons. The main reason why I hate them is that they are so specialized that they can't do anything else other than what their race is good at. Humans, however, can do everything. And if they can't, they find a way to. We're a very inventive species... and I personally find it surprising that anybody would find another race superior to our adaptability and ingenuity. The fact that the Empire is human supremecist is enough to make me an Imperial. I also like the government structure... but I don't want to go into detail, because if I outlined why I liked the government, it would probably offend some people who live in the U.S. and like it there. (for clarification, i'm not either right or left... my views politically are sort of a mix).

Music: I would have to go with both. There's some music of the Empire (particularly in the game) that just keeps me focused... gives me a good feeling of tension and concentration. The kind of feeling that's good for a game like this, that requires thought and planning. I love tension, and the Empire's music gives me that feeling. I'm also fascinated with heroism though, and some of the themes in the Rebellion scores tend to invigorate that fascination and give me some inspiration.

As a final result... I will have to go with Empire. I'm a musician, and an idealist, so those two categories (1 empire + .5 empire compared to .5 rebel) gave the Empire the win, for my opinion.

As a side note: personal pronouns were used frequently in this post. This was to avoid making the post sound like it was fact, when it was just supposed to be opinion. It's not a rant or ramble or anything selfish, just a sharing of opinion.


There's no mystical energy field that rules my destiny
StealthWar42 is offline   you may:
Old 04-16-2006, 03:19 AM   #94
ScorLibran
Rookie
 
ScorLibran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi3112
And the Emperor is an elected government official. In fact he loves democracy. But the rebels are doing everything they can to destroy democracy. Don't blame us for upholding democracy and the will of the people.
The moment he proclaimed himself "Emperor" he ceased to be an elected official.

Anyway, for myself the answer to this question is extremely simple; simpler even than my original answer. When I'm playing the Empire, the Empire is better. When I'm playing the Rebellion, the Rebellion is better.
ScorLibran is offline   you may:
Old 04-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #95
Darth Plagus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorLibran
The moment he proclaimed himself "Emperor" he ceased to be an elected official.

Anyway, for myself the answer to this question is extremely simple; simpler even than my original answer. When I'm playing the Empire, the Empire is better. When I'm playing the Rebellion, the Rebellion is better.

haha, i doubt anyone can argue with that logic. The better side is the one i happen to be playing lol..very nice
Darth Plagus is offline   you may:
Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #96
YertyL
Junior Member
 
YertyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 390
Rebellion ftw.!
I'm too lazy to explain all of my reasons for siding with the Rebellion, but mainly their ideology ( lightside ftw. ) and out-of-the-box-thinking attract me.



It's still also fun to occasionally crush 'em with DV and a lot of Star Destroyers
YertyL is offline   you may:
Old 04-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #97
Orao
Junior Member
 
Orao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorLibran
The moment he proclaimed himself "Emperor" he ceased to be an elected official.

Sure but who has voted the extraodinary powers to Palpatine. It was the Senate not him self. Besides Republic was corrupted till bone. There was no way for it to survive.

And what about the Jedi order. Plz let me laugh. Don't do this don't do that. We use the force for self defense only. Bunch of liers.

Jedi attacked legaly elected chancellor. They wanted to seize the power and to rule the "Republic" with their jedi council. Right or Wrong ?

Besides, they self proclamed protectors of the Republic without being asked to do so. So who is evil ?

Palpatine wanted to save the Galaxy from much greater threat but with stub born jedi council it was impossible to do it.

The Empire provides the security and the stability to the galaxy.



EaW: Total Realism
mod....
TR mod team status: TR Advisor, programmer, map maker, Multimedia developer
Orao is offline   you may:
Old 04-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #98
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorLibran
The moment he proclaimed himself "Emperor" he ceased to be an elected official.
He was elected Emperor. Did you not hear the big round of applause when he created the First Galactic Empire. That means the senators (also elected officials) agree with the decision of the chancellor. Off course, some couldn't take their democratic defeat and joined the seperatists in their rebellion against the Republic and now the Empire. Choosing to use terrorism to archieve their goals instead.

Yes Orao, you are absolutely right that the jedi are evil hypocritical liers. Though that doesn't refer to dark jedi like me. More commonly known as Sith, though I use jedi to prefent anybody thinking that I am talking about the species or ordinary Sith Troopers that heroicly fought in the Sith Wars.

The fact that ordinary jedi are evil hypocritical liers is most easily identified in the words of their own members. This is well known the any loyal Imperials, however for the simple minds of the rebels I shall explain

'Only a Sith deals in absolutes'. This however is in fact an absolute by itself. So therefor anybody that states this is in fact a Sith (suppose this would be true, off course). However the jedi say this, does this mean that jedi are Sith? If so doesn't that mean they should all commit massive suicide, because they fight the Sith?

Do the jedi allow for relegious/idealist freedom? No they don't. They force everybody to follow THEIR relegion. They don't let people follow the ways of the Sith. In fact they try to hunt down everybody that wants to follow the Sith ideals.

How about education? Education with the jedi is a laugh. They don't teach you ALL the aspects of the Force, the completely and consiously forget to teach you the power of the DarkSide. So they diliberatly keep people stupid. They even brainwash people to think the Sith are evil. They want to turn coinsious human beings into mindless droids, only capable to follow THEIR relegion and THEIR ideals.

I think I clearly demonstrated here that the jedi want to make everybody THINK that they are happy while in fact they are not truly happy, due to the lack of freedom. So as you can see, we Sith are only right by destroying this evil and restoring freedom to the galaxy. For we are gifted with the FULL Power of the Force and as such it is our duty to protect and restore freedom, protect the forest, introduce volkdancing, a 4 day workweek, and affordable healthcare for saxons and normans.
To do so,
[winston churchill voice]we will fight them on the beaces, we will protect our isle, we shall never surrender, and then they will say, never have so many owed so much to so few. [/winston churchill voice]
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #99
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Okay man, just say whatever you want to make your bitter defeat not feel so bad.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 12:20 AM   #100
ScorLibran
Rookie
 
ScorLibran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi3112
He was elected Emperor. Did you not hear the big round of applause when he created the First Galactic Empire. That means the senators (also elected officials) agree with the decision of the chancellor. Off course, some couldn't take their democratic defeat and joined the seperatists in their rebellion against the Republic and now the Empire. Choosing to use terrorism to archieve their goals instead.
No emperor holds an "elected" status, even if he was previously elected to a legislative or executive position. Because no one opposed his proclamation doesn't mean he continues to hold his elected status. When the form of government changed from a Republic to an Empire, a blank slate was created. Even if the same people held similar positions in the government - including him as the "supreme leader" - no previous election results count anymore. You either have another election or you have a totalitarian government. The First Galactic Empire was the latter, which began with Palpatine's initially popular self-appointment to the position of "emperor".

But no emperor is "elected", by the very nature of the position - if he were, he wouldn't be an emperor, he'd be a president...or a chancellor.
ScorLibran is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #101
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
The people did elect te senators that gave him the power to declare himself Emperor. By doing so they elected him as Emperor. They also gave him the power to appoint the next Emperor. So they have been elected as well. In fact even Julius Ceasar was elected as Emperor and he appointes Augustus to be his succesor. If they didn't want him to be their Emperor, they would have elected other people to the senate. Naturally it was a very good decision, the security greatly improved and many other decisions were made a great deal faster. The costs of the time lost due to bereaucracy has greatly decreased as well. And of course having a King or Emperor to lead you is much better then having a chancellor or president. Kings and Emperors also have a much higher autority. So the Empire really improved the lives of it's people a lot already. And many more future projects await. Just to name one

Wookiees should be shaved and their hair should not be able to grow back. This is very easy to accomplish using even outdated technology. The benefits would be that the spreading of plagues would be greatly hindered. In case you didn't know, the wookiee fur houses many small creatures, such as flees, and these creatures usually carry various kinds of diseases. These may not be spread across the galaxy off course. Thus prviding a major increase in the health of all species. Off course the wookiees will like the idea of getting rid of these diseases permantly as well. Imperial studies have also indicated that wookiees find their furs to be a psychological prison. Not to mention the annoyance of the flees and stuff. So removing the furs will liberate the wookiees. The wookiees will then burn their own furs in a ceremonial liberating burning of the furs. There may be some resistance, but they will be given proper education at Kessel, only untill they have seen the light off course, after wich there is no need to keep them there and so they are free to go.

So as you can see, the Empire does everything in it's power to bring you proper education and to keep you healthy and intelligent.

Last edited by jedi3112; 04-18-2006 at 08:08 AM.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #102
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
I see you are well educated, Jedi3112 - indeed, I have to agree with you that the Wookie-Shave-Program is perhaps the first step to a breakthrough in both galactic medicine AND the attempts to civilize the Wookie savages. In fact their fur is somewhat of a symbol of outdated savagery - they only cling to it, because they are afraid of cold - despite the widespread availability of electric heaters. Perhaps there is also a bit of shame associated with their reluctance - but they should quickly get over it, once we have taught them how to WEAR clothes instead of eating them. Their primal fear of cold is, as clever imperial scientists have recently uncovered - a deep trauma in the wookie soul and only sparks their aggressivity in an instinctual self-defense mechanism. You know, fear leads to hate and so on (though this is, in fact, one of the many pretty stupid proverbs of the extinct Jedi Sect - it IS true in this special case).


Glory to the Empire!
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #103
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
I have indeed had the benefit of proper Imperial education. If on the other hand I had the lowly rebel education, I would probably even think that Kessel was a spice mining prison, instead of an Imperial Education Facility. Unfortunatly though the rebels do anything they can to hinder research that would benefit all of the galaxy. In fact they even enjoy causing the destruction of planets in the process. A clear example of this is the Tatooine terraforming and food production program.

Not only did they sabotage the DeathStar, causing the destruction of Alderaan, when it transported water, to be dublicated, from that planet. They also prefented that dublicated water to be shipped to Tatooine where was to be used for the terraforming and food production program. If they hadn't sabotaged the DeathStar, Tatooine would have been a vertile planet by now. The food that was to be farmed on Tatooine could have been used to support the population of many other planets as well. Just think of the horrors of people starving, their blood is now on the hands of every single rebel, mixed with the blood of the people of Alderaan (though that planet was far from peacefull). They even kill their own. The Empire has every right to kill them, but instead they Empire continues to give them proper education to make them see the light. This just demonstrates that the Empire values life above all else, unlike those bloodthirsty rebels.

I hereby invite you all to go to your nearest Imperial Recruitment Office and join the Empire to restore peace and prosperity to the galaxy. Don't do it for the Empire, do it to because you are an idealist. Because you want to improve the galaxy, because you love freedom. Join the Empire today.

ALL HAIL THE EMPIRE
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #104
star wars lover
Rookie
 
star wars lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mmm...Pie
Posts: 40
Post

The Empire: Easiest desicion I have ever made. The Empire easily PWNs the Rebels, even with a small force....LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The reason why I choose the Empire:
Death Star
Darth Vader
The Emperor
Maximillion Veers
Firmus Piett
AT-AT
SPMA-T
Imperial Star Destroyer
Much, Much More!


Favorite Generals and ZH quotes:
Helix: "I'm Going To Ruin Somebody's Day."
Missile Defender: "I wanna blow some'n up!"
Dozer: "That one's pretty banged up."
Dr. Thrax: "Ah! You destroyed my command center! Ah well, I always hated my commanders anyway. Heh heh heh."
star wars lover is offline   you may:
Old 04-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #105
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
A yes, yet another one that has seen the light. It is good to know that so many people can see the truth through the rebel lies.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-23-2006, 03:24 PM   #106
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
Indeed. Though the empire's ideals and honour would be a better reason than our - admittedly very impressive - military forces to support it, of course everyone is welcome.


Glory to the Empire!
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #107
wuyanxu
Rookie
 
wuyanxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 71
jedi3112, ive never seen a jedi supporting the emperor.

i think, in short: if you are a human, join the empire, if you are a non-human, join the rebel.
wuyanxu is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #108
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
I am in fact not just jedi, I am with the Sith. I do have jedi powers (such as force choke), and I also carry 2 lightsabers and a dualsaber for backup. And I love the wonders of Korriban, you really should visit it once. Go to the Valley of the Dark Lords and enter the temples. Maybe you even have a nice chat with Ajunta Pall. Just like me.There is also much to study there, artifacts to be found. With the republic the jedi council would never have allowed us to visit the planet and they would have let the ancient knowledge to be forgotten. And they even tried to destroy the StarForge. Fortunatly, I kille my former apprentice (after he betrayed me and took the SF) and defeated the jedi fleet, thus saving the SF.

And why should non-humans join the rebels. The Empire tries to improve life for all species. Haven't you noticed the wookiee-shave-program? Or what about Thrawn, he's not human. Do you want to tell him that he shouldn't have joined the Empire, that he shouldn't have been a Grand-Admiral?

And yes, idealism is a much better reason to join the Empire than being one of our heroic stormtroopers or TIE pilots. And really every single idealist should join the Empire.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #109
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron
 
wedge2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,320
How silly. Everybody knows that Emperor Palpatine and Lord Vader are the only beings left in the galaxy with true Jedi training. The rest were put down in the Jedi Rebellion. You must be a Rebel impersonator--guards!


wedge2211 is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #110
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
I am a self-taught. With some help of the ancient Sith found in the tombs of Korriban. As I have said, there is much knowledge to be found on Korriban. And the Emperor has in fact many Dark Jedi in his service. Such as hunting down ordinary jedi, or infiltration missions. And you must have forgotten what happened after the jedi purge. All over the galaxy there were Dark Jedi and Sith hiding from the ordinary jedi. Once that threath was eliminated they could all come out and enjoy their freedom. Now that the Sith rule the galaxy again.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2006, 01:56 PM   #111
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron
 
wedge2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,320
Our glorious Emperor Palpatine is too intelligent to allow himself to face the same betrayal that allowed Darth Plagueis the Wise to fall. He would never suffer upstart self-taught so-called Sith who might attempt to usurp his throne. I know very little about the Emperor's Hands, since information on them is of course exceedingly hard to come by, but I do know that they are Force-sensitive yet hardly well-trained enough to be considered Dark Jedi. They are merely the Emperor's servants, and they are the only Force-users allowed to exist. They are cloaked in such rumor and shadow that I find it hard to believe you would openly admit your blasphemous meddling with Jedi artifacts. If you ask me, you are going to meet the Emperor rather more quickly than you would have otherwise liked, and in very different circumstances than you might wish for...


wedge2211 is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #112
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211
I know very little about the Emperor's Hands, since information on them is of course exceedingly hard to come by, but I do know that they are Force-sensitive yet hardly well-trained enough to be considered Dark Jedi. They are merely the Emperor's servants, and they are the only Force-users allowed to exist.
That sounds an awfull lot like a rebel lie. You seem to think that knowledge is restricted in the Empire, while the opposite is true. You also seem to think that the Empire will kill people simply because the posses knowledge of the Force. While in fact they are given special education on how to expand their knowledge of the Force. As stated before, the Empire is about giving people proper education, not restricting knowledge. I have already informed the Emperor about your lack off proper education and your confession regarding your lack of proper education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211
If you ask me, you are going to meet the Emperor rather more quickly than you would have otherwise liked, and in very different circumstances than you might wish for...
You are right about that, but don't really like bringing new to the emperor that some people are still believing the rebel lies. And I wasn't going to see the Emperor anytime soon, but the fact that rebel lies are still spread requires immediate action from the highest level of command.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #113
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron
 
wedge2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,320
Now, now...you seem to be awfully jumpy to murder lawful Imperial citizens, "Jedi." Of course knowledge about the Emperor's Hands is restricted--they would not be able to do their jobs effectively if that were not the case. Many national security and intelligence agencies throughout history have kept secrets from the public. Unlike you, I am secure in this knowledge, because it means that I will be a safer citizen. I have recieved an extensive education, but I have little knowledge about the Emperor's Hands...which will allow them to protect me to the best of their ability when a power-hungry "Jedi" like yourself attempts to disrupt the natural order of the Sith, as embodied by the single master--the Emperor--and his solitary apprentice--Lord Vader. A third Sith would certainly pose a threat to the stability of our Empire and would need to be elimenated to preserve the security of the Galaxy.


wedge2211 is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #114
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
There is no knowledge being hidden by the Empire. There must be some rebel posing as an Imperial Education Officer that told you these rebel lies. In fact we already know who this is and the proper authorities have already been informed and the people are being brought in even as we speak. You also assume I was going to murder you, but the Empire doesn't murder people and never once have I said I would. Even more rebel lies. The Empire educates people, we don't kill them. Off course the fact that you claim to be only a citizen is more than enough to demonstrate your lack of true idealism. If you were an idealist you would have joined the Imperial Armed Forces instead. You really should be given proper education.

Even more evidence to support this is that you claim that the natural order of theSith is 1 master and 1 apprentice. This is not true, otherwise there would never have been a Sith Academy on Korriban. Even so one my former apprentices, Darth Malak, had several apprentices himself. It is now a proper moment to reveal my true identity.

Yes indeed, Lord Darth Revan has returned.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #115
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
You guys really need to stop taking your games, books and movies so seriously...
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2006, 04:08 AM   #116
Daniel333
Rookie
 
Daniel333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oderon
Posts: 236
Hi Im back well not like l went anywere but anyway l was reading all of the replies well it took a while but can please not over react and start fighting over that dosen't even exsist anyway l know were going back quite a bit but Coraan Talme those x-wings well Im not offensive to the empire but those x-wings that were bulky and have shields those fighters were about be used by our pilots but before we could use them rebels took the plans so then we used tie fighters alot more often.But your right they sneak around there like mice once a person comes out boom there in there holes like one squadron of tie-fighters come through two nebula feilds and there is two squardrons of x-wings and what do the x-wings do go strait into the nebula feilds then wait until the tie-fighters pass by so they can sneak right bihind the tie-fighters they make shore the tie-fighters can't see them then bang they start firing and aswell and dosn't matter how well defended a base is they still attack but rebels only go to weak defenses l rest my case for now.


Star Wars Galaxie Player:

Several Alts

Main Character: Venuew Louthmic
Strongest Weapon: Forward Command Knuckler
Poffesion: Entertainer
Level: 90
Pilot Level: Advance Fighters skill level
Favourite Armour: Katarn Armour (clone armour)
Owns two pets
High leveled Beast Master
Very Powerful moves
Server: Ahazi
Suggest this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174146
Daniel333 is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #117
Cheech Marin
Rookie
 
Cheech Marin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel333
But your right they sneak around there like mice once a person comes out boom there in there holes like one squadron of tie-fighters come through two nebula feilds and there is two squardrons of x-wings and what do the x-wings do go strait into the nebula feilds then wait until the tie-fighters pass by so they can sneak right bihind the tie-fighters they make shore the tie-fighters can't see them then bang they start firing
That's called using tactics, buddy. No wonder you guys are losing this war. And that is quite possibly the longest sustained run-on sentence I have seen in my life.
Cheech Marin is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #118
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech Marin
That's called using tactics, buddy. No wonder you guys are losing this war.
Tactics??? You call that tactics??? It is called a cowardly terrorist attack on loyal Imperial troops. WE are losing the war? There isn't even a war going on, just some pirates, terrorists and insurgents using terrorism to destabilise the universe. And off course the Empire protecting the universe and winning. You sound like you hav been brainwashed by some stupid rebel dictator. Don't worry, we'll get them soon enough.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2006, 07:05 PM   #119
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
It is certainly correct that rebel pilots always try to do sneaky and cowardly attacks ... that fact has little to do with 'tactics' however. It is just because they are afraid of a proper dogfight against us significantly better trained tie pilots. As they are losing the war, they are turning increasingly desperate. Yes, I also had the pleasure of encountering a few of those supposedly clever rebels in a nebula. They couldn't even use their shields properly and the fight was over before it began. If you want to live a long life as a tie pilot, you need to learn a few tricks - and grow eyes on your back. To this date the best trick I ever managed to pull off in that field was a slight (of course I ensured that that little experiment was properly authorized) modification to my my own tie by turning it - so to speak - upside down. Or rather: backside-front. It was a bit difficult to transfer the engine section to a point just under the cockpit and the laser cannons just inside the 'engines' ... but it was worth it. It surely shocked quite a few of those oh-so-sneaky rebels.
But I digress ...
Daniel, though you correctly mentioned that X-Wings were originally supposed to be employed in the Imperial fleet, you - obviously being a ground trooper - perhaps missed the rather sceptical - if not outright negative reception the prototypes were given in fleet circles. Nobody wanted to fly the ugly things. Don't know what our science department intended them to be - probably cargo tugs ... but certainly they would never have passed as proper fighters. I guess that's the reason why the rebels were able to steal them. Their security level dropped significantly only days before that event.


Glory to the Empire!
Coraan Talme is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2006, 08:33 PM   #120
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
Those X-Wings were meant to be flown by pilots still in training. Usually thrown in against TIEs. Just so they know what to do when facing superior craft (not that the rebels can get any). Therefore it's weapons are no match for a TIE and it's also not as agile for the same reasons. The shields are there to keep the recruit safe from accidents, because it also would have beenthe first ship flown by any recruit, hence a greater risk of accidents. Though still highly unlikely to happen, due to Imperial Simulator Training, but off course that will never be the real thing.

Another use for them was as a quick transport mostly used by specialists. Say that Thrawn's presence would be required at Coruscant, he would not have to pull his ISD out of combat, but could simply use an X-Wing. This however is now being done by the much more advanced TIEs, such as the TIE Advanced and the TIE Defender. Apart from that, the Assault Gunboat and the Missile Boat were also greatly superior to the X-Wing. However it was equipped with a hyperdrive for this reason.

As such the X-Wing was never intended to be used for any real combat. And it's poor performance in the combat is demonstrated by the rebels. Off course, Imperial pilots would have been able to get much better results out of this ship.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Whats better The Empire or the Rebels

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.