lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: starting forces question/problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

starting forces question/problem

ok, ive got my starting forces in 100% correct, however, when i launch the game the empire all of a sudden gets more ships that it didnt have in the starting forces (and yes, both rebel player and empire player sections are identical with starting forces)... for example, i told them to start with 1 ISD and 1 VSD (ISD at coruscant and VSD on the other side of the galaxy), but when i went to the part of the galaxy where the VSD was there were also an aclamator and tartan... and to make things even stranger, when i change starting tech level to a higher level, they have an ISD and interdictor in place of the VSD....

where can i find out what determines what the AI really starts with even when i tell it what to start with?

and has anyone else seen these problems come up?
FuzzySmurf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
Admiral Sith

Its because the AI cheats alot! I made it so that it takes forever to get from one planet to another, and that the rebels started without any planet near them, and yet when i started they captured 3 planets by the time my fleet was halfway to one >_>

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
Rhedd-5
Rookie

Actually, Smurf, I mess with starting forces all the time, and I have not seen what you described. I'll keep my eye out for things like this, though.

The AI is capable of building things REALLY fast, sometimes, it seems.

What difficulty level were you playing on?
Rhedd-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

easy

and it cant build anything becuase i had stations disabled on that planet
FuzzySmurf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
Rhedd-5
Rookie

And they definitely didn't come from a hyperspace route from somewhere else? I'm stumped, frankly.

Sometimes I get unexpected forces, but it's my own mistake. It's very easy to copy a Star Destroyer line from, say, Kuat, and put it under Coruscant, but forget to change the place where it says "Kuat". Always confuses me when I find two SDs at Kuat and none at Coruscant. :P

Like I said, I'll keep my eye on it, but so far I haven't noticed any TOTAL oddities.
Rhedd-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > starting forces question/problem