lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with a menu color
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-23-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
Tigger_sith
Lurker

Help with a menu color

I have installed SWBF2 on a new laptop Acer 5003 it plays well but when I hit the escape screen, or spawn all the writing is black. If I bring up the HUD display the Menu looks correct. Is there a way to start this game up with a different color setting.

BTW I am running this in safe mode. I get the same reaction if I run it out of safe mode also.
Tigger_sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Your graphics card most likely isn't supported. What is it? I don't know of any way to change the color.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #3
Tigger_sith
Lurker

The card

It is a SIS but it is not on there unsuported card. I want to say a 313 (i know it isn't right). I am not near the computer.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
carvin77
Banned

Thumbs up

try to change your graphics card...
carvin77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
Tigger_sith
Lurker

more info/ update

OK the tech guy got back and he was way off on what my problem even was.

I was digging around and found a / option that fixed the charcater info so I could read them (they were black on black also) can't remember it right now. Does anyone have a good list of / options???

Hey this is a neat point I'd blame the video card but... If I am in the HUD display (middle mouse button, fine point aiming for sniper) and press the escape key guess what it works fine.

The video card is the sis 7500 series 64 bit. (yes I did update the firmware for it)

So now the only stuff that is black on black is the menu display while playing the game and hitting escape not in the HUD. and the spawn button (until I press spawn then it corrects itself to start playing, day late dollar short), and whatever writing is on top of it (Nice docs)

I was so looking forward to playing this game.

Thanks for any help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Tech Help > Help with a menu color