lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Empire at War: Total Realism v2.0 --- get ready...
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #81
darthcarth

Dont know if u knew this but u cant complete the rebel campgain because of planets have been move around.
okay thnks for the answer

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by darthcarth; 04-02-2006 at 06:04 PM.
darthcarth is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #82
StealthWar42
Rookie

No, I dont have a scroll button. Is there any other way to zoom in/zoom out? I've looked in the interface controls but there's nothing there that I can change.

There's no mystical energy field that rules my destiny
StealthWar42 is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #83
Orao

Hi guys. If you read the readme file you will see warning telling you that the single player campaign can not be played with changed GC map. If you want to play it with mod you will have to use original files Planets.xml and Traderoutes.xml which were shipped with mod as well as Gameconstants.xml

EaW: Total Realism
mod....
TR mod team status: TR Advisor, programmer, map maker, Multimedia developer
Orao is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #84
Athanasios
Forumite

StealthWar, check LucasArts helpdesk and search the forums (tech troubleshooting and galactic discussion), you'll find the answer you're looking for since it's already posted (but cant recall the threads).

NOTE: The coming v2.1 will be released this Wednesday or Thursday. So people, if you got some more feedback before Wednesday/Thursday, state it NOW, so that we save some versions for more enhancements !

Last edited by Athanasios; 04-03-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Athanasios is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #85
StealthWar42
Rookie

I believe there is an error in the smaller campaign map. The one with 21 planets.

Apparently the rebels have a stretch of planets, streaming from Hoth - Bespin and a few others, that are unaccessible to the Empire. The rebels themselves are even trapped there. I think it's like a string of four planets, and there's no exit point to get to the other planets.

EDIT: There is a planet at the end of this "string" that is pretty close to the other core worlds (like Byss and Coruscant). The circle that appears when you select the planet also encompasses the other core planets, yet it is not connected to them in any way. Not through trade routes, regular routes, hyperspace routes or anything.

There's no mystical energy field that rules my destiny
StealthWar42 is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #86
Orao

Ok Thx I'll check it asap.

mod....
Old 04-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #87
bajsen
Lurker

is there any mod where the camerawieves aren't changed, don't like this strange thing
bajsen is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #88
bajsen
Lurker

and the mod is great btw just like the game should have been from the start
Old 04-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #89
whiteflash
Rookie

hey 4 the v2.1 it would be cool to add some new planets to the map(its been done before)one mod added kamino and mustafar,that would be so cool-just an idea.
whiteflash is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #90
Orao

Hello guys....

We came with hotfix for Galactic Conquest. It corrects access bugs for planets and it gives more freedom to the rebel player on 43 planet map.

HOTFIX

You have detailed instructions on how to install these.

However don't use these files if you didn't install new GC Map.

@Bajsen to keep the original camera just delete file TacticalCameras.xml from gamedata\data\xml folder

As for ading more planets we will not do it unitl map edit is released.

Once the editor is out we are planning on redoing all maps space and ground together with adding more planets.

mod....
Old 04-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #91
Athanasios
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflash
hey 4 the v2.1 it would be cool to add some new planets to the map(its been done before)one mod added kamino and mustafar,that would be so cool-just an idea.
We could do this, but with no decent map edittor, it's pointless. The "new planet" will actually use current maps. We do keep such plans for future releases though .
Old 04-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #92
whiteflash
Rookie

i understand that but it was just an idea coz i mean u guys set up the offical map-how its meant 2 be so if u wanted 2 u could(i'm not saying do it)add the extra planets.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #93
Master Leffe
Rookie

Quick question: In the screens, your lasers are the original ones, but in my game, the mod makes them more like the original movies (lines). Is this the way its supposed to be, or is the game screwed up?

Come on, did you actually think your destiny wasn't set?
Master Leffe is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #94
Athanasios
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Leffe
Quick question: In the screens, your lasers are the original ones, but in my game, the mod makes them more like the original movies (lines). Is this the way its supposed to be, or is the game screwed up?
The laser graphics are indeed changed to look more to the movies and that's how they are meant to be, so, you're ok.

Btw, i think my images are the same, cause i'm using these lasers graphics from day 1 . If you refer to the image below, the laser do look like the original ones, but that's because you see a screenshot from the "extreme" birdseye view; the tail of the lasers is not that abvious. Ill make some short videos later on, so, stay tuned

Old 04-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #95
Master Leffe
Rookie

That must've been a fun game. ^^^

Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #96
bajsen
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orao
Hello guys....

We came with hotfix for Galactic Conquest. It corrects access bugs for planets and it gives more freedom to the rebel player on 43 planet map.

HOTFIX

You have detailed instructions on how to install these.

However don't use these files if you didn't install new GC Map.

@Bajsen to keep the original camera just delete file TacticalCameras.xml from gamedata\data\xml folder

As for ading more planets we will not do it unitl map edit is released.

Once the editor is out we are planning on redoing all maps space and ground together with adding more planets.
thanks... i have played some more now and this mod is really awesome everything is some much better
Old 04-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #97
Athanasios
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajsen
thanks... i have played some more now and this mod is really awesome everything is some much better
Bajsen, stay tuned for v2.1, coming this Friday or Saturday with way more improvements than you can imagine.

And one big thanks from us for your support on this mod.......we'll speak with "numbers" and not with babling

Quote:
It's been ONLY 5 days from the first announcement of EaW:TR v2.0 and:

1. PFF forums: 2350 views, 120 posts (5 pages)
2. LF forums: 2550 views, 100 posts (3 pages)
3. SWR, Filefront, Heavegames: 300 views each, few posts (not over 5 but they're kind of "dead" forums)

And the best. Within 3 days we gathered nearly 900 downloads (only from the main site - expect TR to be uploaded in LucasFiles, FileFront and Gamespot soon) ! Note, that v1.1 had gathered 280 downloads only after 2-3 weeks but its advertishment campaign was inexistent.

Last edited by Athanasios; 04-04-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #98
bajsen
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanasios
Bajsen, stay tuned for v2.1, coming this Friday or Saturday with way more improvements than you can imagine.

And one big thanks from us for your support on this mod.......we'll speak with "numbers" and not with babling
I will and i just wondered if u have done any improvements on the deathstar... I mean it was a huge disapointment in this game. it would be cool if you could command it and shoot with it on large ships and stuff...
great mod
Old 04-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #99
Orao

No we didn't touch to the DS at all. It would be completly unblanced since only Luke can take it out and that we can't change it.

mod....
Old 04-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #100
bajsen
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orao
No we didn't touch to the DS at all. It would be completly unblanced since only Luke can take it out and that we can't change it.
well if u make it cost 40 000 and voulnerble to big spaceships like mon calamaris and stuff
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #101
bajsen
Lurker

may work out?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #102
exped
Lurker

Crash on Mon Cal

Great Mod! The only major issue thus far is that upon playing as the Empire and attacking Mon Calamari (land battle) the game crashes each and every time at some point in the battle. I am playing medium difficulty and force configuration does not seem to matter; the only consistent thing in my forces is Veers. I get one of the infamous unknown errors. I am running on Windows XP, 2GB ram and a 2.8 GHz P4.
exped is offline   you may:
Old 04-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #103
Orao

Ok,

First do you have any other mod installed. If yes then deleate them

If not then it is exception caused by the game itselw which petro should fix hopefully in next patch.

See the link

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162782

mod....
Old 04-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #104
exped
Lurker

Mon Cal Crash

Thanks for the link. Looks like it is a common and well know non-mod related issue. I will try the frequent save and hope it works.
exped is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #105
Master Leffe
Rookie

I found one issue. In one of the GCs, Empire Surrounded, you can only expand so far before no hyperroutes connect out of your terrirotry. Your simply stuck there.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:35 PM   #106
Orao

Sorry but Empire surrounded isn't our GC map. We have only 2 scenarios for GC. That one isn't inside.

mod....
Old 04-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #107
whiteflash
Rookie

err,just wondrin would it be possible to get any info on v2.1-what are the MAJOR improvemnts etc.(or are there just numerous bug fixes)
Old 04-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #108
Master Leffe
Rookie

Really? Then how on earth did that happen... Oh, I think I know. When you remade the hyperroutes, it must have screwed up the Galactic Map for that campaign... Alright.

Old 04-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #109
Athanasios
Forumite

@Leffe: Do not keep other GC modes (put them manually) after the installation finishes. Hope this helps

@whiflash: Only bug fixes? Heheh.......stay tuned . We'll release more info 2 days before the release (it's our tactic ).

And some G-R-E-A-T news (direct copy & paste from LF personal message)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Torpid-PG
The editor is coming! I know I say that a lot, but it's really looking like it will be soon now. The delay was caused by a few new features that we wanted to get into the editor (both for all of you and for ourselves) before we released it.
YEEEEEeeehaa! You realise what this means?? If the map edittor is released by next week (as we estimate), expect Empire at War: Total Realism v3.0 to blow your EaW experience out of the outer rim, with full remaking of all current maps, plus numerous new planets!!

Stay in our frequency to see this game as meant to be !
Old 04-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #110
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Great news indeed. I am really looking foward to the editor myself, and it will be fun to see what kind of new maps you guys come up with.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #111
Master Leffe
Rookie

I agree. Oh, and one more thing @Athanaosis. I fixed my GC problem, but my Venator cruiser no longer fires its laser cannons. All I've done to it is give it to the Empire and increase its shields, but no matter how I modify the hardpoint file, it refuses to fire... Any idea as to why?

Old 04-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #112
whiteflash
Rookie

yes,the editor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahh i can see it now,most eaw owners sitting at their pc's creating exciting new maps!If the editor comes out next week can we assume that the mod tools are to follow?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #113
Athanasios
Forumite

Quote:
I agree. Oh, and one more thing @Athanaosis. I fixed my GC problem, but my Venator cruiser no longer fires its laser cannons. All I've done to it is give it to the Empire and increase its shields, but no matter how I modify the hardpoint file, it refuses to fire... Any idea as to why?
No clue....maybe you set a "no target" tag for all ships, or the hardpoint wasnt defined correctly in all relative files.

Delete all previous mods and run a fresh install of EaW:TR....works always

[edit] Mod tools might be released sort later, since they might be more complicated, but i don't mind having map edittor first
Old 04-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #114
Master Leffe
Rookie

Wait, what do you mean by a "no target tag"? The tag that says "Fighter, Bomber, Transport, etc...?

Old 04-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #115
Athanasios
Forumite

Quote:
Wait, what do you mean by a "no target tag"? The tag that says "Fighter, Bomber, Transport, etc...?
OPTIONS
1. Fresh install
2. Copy & paste our code lines to yours
3. Some cap ships hardpoints have tags that do not allow them to fire and fighters/bombers/transports.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #116
Master Leffe
Rookie

Never mind, I've fixed it. Thanks for your help!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #117
trim
Rookie

hay Athanaosis, any plans for puting more ships in with 3.0?
trim is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #118
Athanasios
Forumite

We do have plans for adding new models, but they are 2nd priority. Besides, we don't have the right tools and this needs more time (making a new unit is not like changing a value in xmls). We are not making new factions like other mods, since if you get 10 factions you loose track of balancing (:importing imbalances where needed), but add some key-units for Rebs and Imps.

First priority is to make maps bigger and more complex. Also, to reach a stable and bug-free version of EaW:TR . Luckily, v2.0 (including HOTFIX) was considered "bug-free", since there was no "fatal bugs" (cause game to crush) and all the reported imbalnces/issues are already solved.

Prepare for some more info about v2.1 two days before its release. We're even working on making a brand new flash site, but this will take a bit longer.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #119
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflash
yes,the editor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahh i can see it now,most eaw owners sitting at their pc's creating exciting new maps!If the editor comes out next week can we assume that the mod tools are to follow?
Yeah the map editor and mod tools will be a seperate release. The space in between is unknown but it may be a while, but I have faith in petro .

Btw, I've tried the mod out a little bit and it's pretty fun. The only thing is Byss and Coruscant are so close that it gets difficult to click on either one without selecting the other. lol.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #120
Orao

I know but in SW Lore there was only one route to reach the Byss and that was from Coruscant. It has been said that the Emperor had his own palace there and that the world is in the galaxy core. So when the map has been edited coordonates 0, 0 have been asigned to Byss.

We can scale it down to be much easy but then if you have a fleet in its orbit you will not see the planet any more.

mod....
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Empire at War: Total Realism v2.0 --- get ready...