lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Paper Tiger?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
tennozan
Rookie

Question Paper Tiger?

So I've got the death star in a tactical battle - what can it do? I remember the scene from the battle of Endor where the death star starts to vaporize mon calamari cruisers. Can I fire the thing?
tennozan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

All you can do is destroy the planet once the count down ends. The Death Star II was the death star that destorys the ships in return of the jedi. The first Death Star is what is in empire at war and is not as accurate and cannot achieve this task.

Though by pulling the lever in your command bar you can fire the death star at the planet as soon as the timer is finished counting down.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
tennozan
Rookie

Yes, Master Popcorn - but where would I find the "lever" and once I blow the planet out from under them - will the rebels flee?
tennozan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
conmanguyler
Rookie

the lever is on the command bar thing, when the death star is in range,it will automatically appear, just click on it and it will activate the "super laser", the rebels probably wont flee, but sometimes they do, not because their planet has been destroyed, but when a lot of their ships are destroyed, if they have transports, take them out first, if a lot of their ships are destroyed in quick sucsession, then they will flee

CG
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match
for a good blaster at your side kid" - Han Solo

[SoL]ĞĦŢĤŴĶ
conmanguyler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
ScorLibran
Rookie

To see the lever, press a number key that you do not have hot-keyed to a group. For example, I hotkey "0" to my space station when I'm defending, but since I'm there attacking if I have the Death Star with me, then "0" is left unassigned.

When the countdown hits zero, I press zero. All of my other ships are deselected and the only thing on my unit bar is the Death Star lever.

And after firing I never wait for the cinematic because the battle is still going. When the Death Star cinematic starts, press the space bar or double-click to get back to the battle, then select and manage your groups as usual.
ScorLibran is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Or click on empty space to deselect everything.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Or take an Interdicter Cruiser to the planet, kill all the Rebels and destroy the planet by dragging the Death Star and it's accompanying fleet into the 'Destroy Planet' slot after the battle.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #8
thon77
Rookie

if it's a fortress system with a massive fleet + ion cannon, destroying the planet during battle gets rid of the annoying ion cannon.
thon77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #9
Darth Anarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
Or take an Interdicter Cruiser to the planet, kill all the Rebels and destroy the planet by dragging the Death Star and it's accompanying fleet into the 'Destroy Planet' slot after the battle.
Is there a "Destroy Planet" slot?? I've never seen this! I've been scratching my head trying to find a way to destroy a planet AFTER the defending fleet has been defeated.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Prepare For Ground Assault! > Paper Tiger?