lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Reducing effectiveness of bombing runs?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
kimballkinnison
Rookie

Reducing effectiveness of bombing runs?

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer me some advice on how to reduce the effectiveness of bombing runs? It's getting to be a pain when like 20 tanks get taken out so easily!

Just a bit of pointer as to which values need to be increased/decreased would be great...is it also possible to change them so that friendly units can be hit??

Kim
kimballkinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

you can change the details in the projectiles xml file i believe, and you can change the frequency of the bombs in the sqaudrons file too... i think, i was looking into that stuff last week but dont remember off the top of my head what was where, but it is possible
FuzzySmurf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
Bradhere769
Rookie

In the landbombingrununits xml you can change the hitponts and the amount of damage it can do. I have wanted to find out where you could increase the frequency of bombings, I looked through the xml's and I couln't find it. Sorry to shang-hi this post but could somone tell me.
Bradhere769 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
FuzzySmurf
Rookie

there is a value in one of the xml's that tells it depending on how many bombers how quickly it will regen, so all you would have to do is crank it up
FuzzySmurf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Rhedd-5
Rookie

That would be GAMECONSTANTS.XML, near the end.
Rhedd-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
wherryj
Rookie

How about bringing AA units or building AA turrets? I've found that the AI does that and pretty much keeps me from even using bombing runs until I can take almost EVERYTHING out (garrison buildings, etc.).

AA units are HIGHLY effective against bomber runs (at least they are against me).

Proud father of Darth Jack
wherryj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Reducing effectiveness of bombing runs?