lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Will LucasArts announce the next KotOR during E3 2006?
Yes! LA will announce it! 34 36.17%
No. LA will continue to leave KotOR fans hanging. 38 40.43%
Sorry but I don't have the intestinal fortitude to make a guess. 22 23.40%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Will LucasArts announce the next KotOR at this year's E3?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #41
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I don't believe there will be a thrid installment for another two to three years. I think that there was some serious damage done. I don't see any easy solution for the relationship between Lucas Arts and Obsidian. At this point in time, I don't really care who is at fault for what. All I know is that garbage hit the fan during the first seven months of KotOR II's release, and everyone across the board didn't like it. It doesn't matter where you stand on the issue, for the problem is that the issue exists in the first place.

Will KotOR III be annoounced at E3?
Truthfully, I hope it will not be annoounced at E3. I think they need to take a little time to hammer out details. Regardless about who will produce the product, I think they need to seriously look att the series and where it is going. E3 is way too soon for an announcement. I pray they hold back for a while, and take their time to work things out.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 09:48 PM   #42
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'm pretty sure Lucasarts can find another developer easily, I'm actuelly hoping for an NJO era game myself, if we get Kotor 3 coming our way I shall be happy
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #43
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleOfHarpenden
i answered no because of star wars lego 2time for a big rant) It's previous game went platinum and is still considered an excelent game star wars lego 2 will most likely sell more, Kotor is one of the best star wars games ever made so y put them both head to head and put the sales of 1 of them down if they can just release the other 1 about 4 months later and have high sales for both i mean that way makes much more sence
Not sure if this could creat a big impact on the announcement tho. They're both popular, aimed at a fairly different audience, and KOTOR III should take a lot longer to make. With this in mind I doubt there would be much competing between them.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #44
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnmax221
I'm actuelly hoping for an NJO era game myself
Pretty sure that will never happen, at least with NJO material.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #45
NomadInvader
Rookie

I believe if they are making it, it is still in early development

I'll be back.
NomadInvader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #46
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

no i think star wars lego could be a goood competition for kotor coz i know LOADS of people who bought Lego and most where really old and they all have KOTOR as well
i think it would be intresting 2 see what would do better to say the least .
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #47
aerowars617
Rookie

I didnt like SW Lego when I tried it, but I suppose enough people do. What is wrong with releasing SW Lego 2 for Xmas, and Kotor 3 for easter? I voted that I couldnt guess if kotor 3 will be announced at E3. Only time will tell

Veni, Vidi, Vicii!

Magister Mundi Sum!
aerowars617 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #48
firehead2591
Rookie

yes time will tell..........
firehead2591 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #49
Master Kavar

I'm going to be bold and say that Lucas Arts will announce that KOTOR3 is in production, and may even whip up some screen shots and/or teaser videos to drive the fans nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if they played up Revan heavily to drum up excitement.
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #50
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
OK. I broke down and finally voted in my own poll.

I had to go with "No, LA will continue to leave KotOR fans hanging." I just don't think LucasArts will announce another KotOR at this year's E3. They've already got a bunch of other games in the works, the Indiana Jones game, the Darth Vader game, and Lego Star Wars II, to name a few. I just don't see anything out there that leads me to believe KotOR is actually in development. If the next KotOR is currently being worked on then LA is keeping a very tight lid on it. Hopefully 2007 will be the year of KotOR 3.

Less than 5 days left to vote! This poll closes on April 30.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #51
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
So E3 2006 has come and gone and *depressed sigh* no KotOR 3 announcement. It turned out the nays edged the ayes by 4 votes and those pessimistic naysayers had it right after all. Looks like we might have to try this again for E3 2007.

Congratulations to the following forum members for accurately predicting the absence of a KotOR announcement although most probably aren't hailing you as heroes or anything like that.

Arátoeldar, arxi, Azuth, Buzz1978, Caballo, crimson_88, cutmeister, Cygnus Q'ol, DarkBlaidd, DarkLord152, Darth Jaden, DarthRevan2102, DarthSion101, dede_frost, Devilsfanatic, emperorz0, Hann_Starr, Henz, Hotshot, jaredhimself31, jordanmc, KyleOfHarpenden, Loki13Cross, LordRevan, MacLeodCorp, milojmiles, Mossa, NomadInvader, Prime, RugbyFullback, SettingShadow, simo, Steve-O Kreesh, Suikotsu, Sven Grek, tbl1, venom_tyrant, yodasoda2187

Pssst! Just in case anyone didn't notice, I voted no too.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Will LucasArts announce the next KotOR at this year's E3?