lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Commandos vs. Spartans
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #121
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_337
Well...(another big rumor I heard of) Most people across the galaxy can inlist in the republic army like a Wookie warrior.
What? Where did you hear that?

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #122
1_337
Banned

Well thats what happens when you have to many friends that constantly go to star wars conventions for most of there lives... but what do I care, I'm just saying what I heard.

Hey, do you watch Red vs. Blue?
1_337 is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #123
bcw81
Lurker

YOU GUYS REALY THINK THAT??? In my opinion I'd say the spartan would win he has the augmentations, armor (even without shields and comp it works because of recharging battery), better guns, stealth (read the fall of reach), and the plasma grenade can kill in 1 stick. so personally I'd pic the spartan.

p.s. and even 1 spartan v.s. 200,000,000,000,000 commandos would still win (read pro log in the fall of reach, and the first strike)
bcw81 is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #124
taclled

You are so naive (i dont even know what it means but context sounds right. one EC grenade takes out every electronic thing in the area. small stuff like a gun or grenade wont work at all afterwards. the armor probably has a way for the spartan to reboot it but it will take a moment and the weapons are NOT better. the guns are projectile weapons and not laser. you all think that the projectiles are more accurate and stronger than lasers. Actually lasers aremore accurate because they fire straight, while a projectile weapon fires straight and after it leaves the barrel, the bullet will rise and eventually sink. But in some ways you are right about the stonger part since a projectile will go through the target and do ripping damage to interanl organs because it doesnt fly straight and changes course (slightly but not noticebly) once it hits the body, while a laser shoots straight through. and the the commandos can also be equipped with stealth field generators.

PS: your p.s. is b.s.(b***s***)
taclled is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #125
Redtech
Veteran

Well, they're not really using lasers. :P
Bullets do fall, depends on gravity strength and speed of bullet. Snipers notice this one the most.

Don't pick on the Halo fanboys! They bite. It's like AIDS but worse.

I am the definition of your defeat.

Last edited by Redtech; 06-07-2006 at 01:17 PM. Reason: remember one's initials!
Redtech is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #126
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw81
p.s. and even 1 spartan v.s. 200,000,000,000,000 commandos would still win (read pro log in the fall of reach, and the first strike)
Whatever mate thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard, f**k the prologue.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 06-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #127
taclled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech
Well, they're not really using lasers. :P
Bullets do fall, depends on gravity strength and speed of bullet. Snipers notice this one the most.

Don't pick on the Halo fanboys! They bite. It's like AIDS but worse.
YOu know what i mean if you want me to go into extensive unneccesary detail i can do that, but it will take you an hour to read that.

And in that case i must be immune to the HIV virus since i am immune to your halo heretical cults. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Whatever mate thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard, f**k the prologue.
Exactly what i was saying
Old 06-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #128
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw81
Sorry, bcw81, but commandos are way better than grunts. Yeah, I've read the prologue.

(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #129
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner_777
Sorry, bcw81, but commandos are way better than grunts. Yeah, I've read the prologue.
Nice one, Niner, you're right, Spartans are just grunts with freaky armour.
They got the s**t beat out of them at Reach by the least menacing bad guys of any video game (they're little multi-coloured elves that jump around and make funny noises, like an acid induced hallucination that occurs after playing Mario too much.)

- Halo_92

Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #130
Micahc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclled
You are so naive (i dont even know what it means but context sounds right. one EC grenade takes out every electronic thing in the area. small stuff like a gun or grenade wont work at all afterwards.
Of course they will. Guns are based on mechanics not electronics. Ever shot a pellet gun? Or a .22? Pellet guns you either pump or cock, which causes a hammer to fall on the pellet shooting it forward. .22's work the same way but instead of pumping (for air) you just pump (or cock) so a hammer will fall on the shell, ignite the powder, and send it forward. Last I checked the UNSC weapons in HALO still follow these mechanics, they have knock back and still produce a flash. Can I call you naive now? Oh, and according to Wiktionary naive means:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiktionary
Lacking experience, wisdom, or judgement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taclled
the armor probably has a way for the spartan to reboot it but it will take a moment and the weapons are NOT better. the guns are projectile weapons and not laser. you all think that the projectiles are more accurate and stronger than lasers. Actually lasers aremore accurate because they fire straight, while a projectile weapon fires straight and after it leaves the barrel, the bullet will rise and eventually sink. But in some ways you are right about the stonger part since a projectile will go through the target and do ripping damage to interanl organs because it doesnt fly straight and changes course (slightly but not noticebly) once it hits the body, while a laser shoots straight through. and the the commandos can also be equipped with stealth field generators.

PS: your p.s. is b.s.(b***s***)
Actually since, this topic seems to be wandering mainly around sniping, the DC-17m's sniping rounds are metal. The only difference is that they are surrounded by the laser, and do you know what that means? Absolutly nothing. The only reason it's there is to give it a streak and make it more Star Wars-y.

Micahc is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #131
Redtech
Veteran

Anyway, The covenant Sniper is better than BOTH. Cool colour, nice rate of fire and no clips or reloading required till empty, then throw it away, get a new one. Screw eco-hippies and recycling! :P

Old 06-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #132
taclled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micahc
Of course they will. Guns are based on mechanics not electronics. Ever shot a pellet gun? Or a .22? Pellet guns you either pump or cock, which causes a hammer to fall on the pellet shooting it forward. .22's work the same way but instead of pumping (for air) you just pump (or cock) so a hammer will fall on the shell, ignite the powder, and send it forward. Last I checked the UNSC weapons in HALO still follow these mechanics, they have knock back and still produce a flash. Can I call you naive now? Oh, and according to Wiktionary naive means:

Actually since, this topic seems to be wandering mainly around sniping, the DC-17m's sniping rounds are metal. The only difference is that they are surrounded by the laser, and do you know what that means? Absolutly nothing. The only reason it's there is to give it a streak and make it more Star Wars-y.
I heard īthat some of the newer guns in real life are afeccted by EMPs. it was some time ago so part of what i heard may be altered. and i thought that there are electric components in the halo assault rifle, but the though the pistol should work fine in that case. and about the sniper rifle i thought about that but i wasnt quite sure, thank you for clearing that little mystery up.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #133
Micahc
Rookie

Ha, no problem

Old 06-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #134
taclled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micahc
Ha, no problem
dang you are very modest lol
no back to the topic........
Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #135
Bomberman65

Current Game: Uncharted 2
Yeah but the commandos have more knowledge in tatics and equipment than the spartans imo.
What do you guys think??

Heroes get remembered, Legends never die
Bomberman65 is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2006, 03:29 AM   #136
1_337
Banned

Commandos all the way Jedi dude. those guys kick @$$.

And taclled... stop trying to cover your @$$.(figure of speech)
Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #137
taclled

i am not covering my @§§ the katarn armor does it for me i did believe some time ago that the sniper rounds are metalic bullets but i dismissed the idea using logic(not good to use talking about games or movies) because of the laser

Also im sure that spartans know quite a few tactics themselves although different because of availabolity and types of equipment, numbers of troops, and terrain
Old 06-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #138
1_337
Banned

Right then, scratch out what I said before.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #139
taclled

No hard feelings
Old 06-12-2006, 02:48 AM   #140
1_337
Banned

Right then... how do you put a picture under your name.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:09 AM   #141
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

n00b, get back on topic or leave this thread to die.

- Halo_92

Old 06-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #142
Micahc
Rookie

Aah, feel the community love.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #143
taclled

now now Machine cult if you heve nothing nice to say, sont say anything at all

lol
Old 06-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #144
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

[OFFTOPIC] 1_337, to get a picture under your username, you go to the top of the page, click on "Quick Links" and then click on "Edit Avatar." [/OFFTOPIC]

BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Old 06-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #145
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO S not C

HK-42 is offline   you may:
Old 06-13-2006, 03:56 AM   #146
1_337
Banned

G, Thanks man. Now I have Conker as my Avatar. "W007"
Old 06-13-2006, 06:00 AM   #147
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

If only I were a Mod, I would have closed this stupid thread at,
Quote:
Right then... how do you put a picture under your name.

- Halo_92

Old 06-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #148
taclled

why would u do that macinecult
Old 06-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #149
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

It's been off-topic since
Quote:
Originally Posted by That n00b
Right then, scratch out what I said before.

- Halo_92

Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #150
taclled

he's right. Come on! Shift it shiny boys! Back on topic
Old 06-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #151
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Spartans suck, Commandos kick ass.
"Master Chief" is the dumbest name ever, he looks really stupid, he hardly talks and when he does he's spouting bulls**t.
He is the last of the Spartans, all of whom were killed in very similar circumstances to the battles in Halo, except in Halo he is on his own, so it's completely ridiculous to think that he would survive.

Republic Commandos firstly have cool names, great equipment, actual army designations and they talk to each other like they are in the military unlike Master Chief.
There are four of them, clearly with training, which makes it alot easier to believe their surviving the missions, and they answer to actual military authority unlike Master Chief who answers to some holographic woman like Andromeda which also sucks.

So Commandos and Spartans can't really be compared, they're too different, Spartans are stupidly unrealistic in their design and the way they are implemented, Commandos are realistic in the way they fight and the way they interact with eachother and enemy and friendly PCs.
Commandos rule, Spartans suck.

- Halo_92

Old 06-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #152
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

It truely is hard to compare the two. I also find it very unrealistic that all the other spartans died in almost one battle, the battle for Reach. Then John, a spartan that barely made it out alive, goes on to battle thousands of the same creatures that killed the other spartans plus a more dangerous race by himself, for the most part. The question is commandos vs. spartans. Personally, I don't think that ordinary spartans are better than commandos. However, Master Chief is not an ordinary spartan and may be able to beat a commando. Still, the question wasn't "Master Chief vs. Commandos."

Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #153
1_337
Banned

Quote:
Still, the question wasn't "Master Chief vs. Commandos."
He has a strong point you know. We're all taking about the M.C. but the Q was actually an avrage spartan vs. a pod of avrage commandos. Basicly, after listening on how all those spartans got their @$$3$ l<1(l<3l)... it's pretty obvious on what would happen.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 AM   #154
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Still, the question wasn't "Master Chief vs. Commandos."
Fair enough, my point still stands, in fact that proves it even more as the Spartans were s**t, and got totally pwnt by little multi-coloured dancing goblins.

- Halo_92

Old 06-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #155
Redtech
Veteran

And the superiors to Commandos get owned by teddy bears.

It's always the little critters, isn't it?

Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 AM   #156
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech
And the superiors to Commandos get owned by teddy bears.
When did that happen?

Old 06-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #157
Redtech
Veteran

Star Wars Episode 6. A great day in Imperial history.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #158
taclled

That was The Imperial Army(IA) you are talking about. we are taling about the Grand Army of the Repbulic(GAR). besides *thinks about SWBF2* no wonder the IA lost with their stupid Imp Officers.
And they are INFERIOR to the Commandos not supperior. the IA is basically brainwashed to serve the Emperor unlike the GAR, which also ultimately listened to the emperor, who actually had thoughts of their own and decisions of their own
Old 06-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #159
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Redtech, you mean that the successors of the Commandos got pwnt by teddy bears.
The Clones were by far better than the Stormtroopers, and they were totally different, making reference to the Stormtroopers is pointless in this discussion.

- Halo_92

Old 06-15-2006, 02:46 AM   #160
Phantasmagorium
Lurker

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Spartans suck, Commandos kick ass.
"Master Chief" is the dumbest name ever, he looks really stupid, he hardly talks and when he does he's spouting bulls**t.
He is the last of the Spartans, all of whom were killed in very similar circumstances to the battles in Halo, except in Halo he is on his own, so it's completely ridiculous to think that he would survive.

Republic Commandos firstly have cool names, great equipment, actual army designations and they talk to each other like they are in the military unlike Master Chief.
There are four of them, clearly with training, which makes it alot easier to believe their surviving the missions, and they answer to actual military authority unlike Master Chief who answers to some holographic woman like Andromeda which also sucks.

So Commandos and Spartans can't really be compared, they're too different, Spartans are stupidly unrealistic in their design and the way they are implemented, Commandos are realistic in the way they fight and the way they interact with eachother and enemy and friendly PCs.
Commandos rule, Spartans suck.
Haha, you're real funny.
Try telling that to an actual Master Chief. Why? Because, unlike those little numeric designations, Master Chief is an actual rank. A numeric designation, in the context used by RC, is an ID. Don't believe me? A Master Chief is an officer in a Navy. (Edit: To be specific, in the US Navy, it is the highest rank an enlisted person can recieve, and is a non-commissioned officer, or NCO. If you want the NUMERIC MILITARY RANK DESIGNATION, it is E-9.)

Master Chief also does not answer to Cortana. Cortana is simply the go-between.

As a note: I love Halo, I love RC, but for God's sake, get some actual knowledge before posting something as clearly opinionated as that. You mentioned something about off-topic? They're comparing technical specifications and tactical knowledge, not "how cool the names are" or "how awesome he looks". Imbecile.

Also, to add something to the actual conversation at hand:

"The suit can recycle air for ninety minutes. It's shielded against radiation and EMP as well." [Fall of Reach, 120]. This references the original MJOLNIR suits used by the Spartans. Just thought that, since it was stated earlier that the EC Grenades function by EMP, that ought to cause a rethinking.

Anyways, Katarn armor may be nice, but think about this: it is a) mass-produced, and therefore not the top-notch incredible equipment you might think it is and b) designed to be effective against blasters, which are the predominant weapons of the time. Slugthrowers, crossbows, and other personal projectile weapons are very rare (comparatively) in the Star Wars universe, and so, the Katarn armor and shielding would be geared towards energy weapons, and not much concern wasted upon kinetic-based weaponry.

Also, going by the technical specifications given in the books (if I may), if a CC tried to run from any Spartan, they wouldn't get too far. They run in bursts of up to 55 km/h without their armor. Obviously, this isn't represented in game, possibly because it would be too difficult to control as a player.

Last edited by Phantasmagorium; 06-15-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Phantasmagorium is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Commandos vs. Spartans